Antec Fusion HTPC

baijuxavior

It is almost five months since I assembled my new HTPC. During the assembling, I could not take pictures. Recently I opened my HTPC to install a graphics card and used the chance to snap a few shots. Excuse for the low quality pics.

209syza.jpg

The Antec Fusion Remote Silver HTPC cabinet. On left side is the DVD drive and the LCD display. Two USB2.0 ports, a firewire port and audio ports are also present. The volume knob can be configured to control system volume or application volume.

1z1sk1h.jpg

Rear view. The motherboard has two USB3.0 ports, HDMI, optical out, VGA and DVI ports. The orange PCI card is the GT520 GPU which I got for a low price from another forum.

2ev47b5.jpg

Asus F1A75 micro atx motherboard. On top left you can see the SATA ports which are right angled. These are too close to the chamber walls making it very difficult to install the SATA cable. There are 6 SATA ports, but only the top three can be used because of this limitation.

11iz4f4.jpg

The cabinet is divided into 3 chambers and this is the HDD chamber. Two 3.5" HDDs can be fixed and silicon grommets are provided for reducing vibrations.

11m99o2.jpg

The Corsair CX430 PSU. The weight of the SMPS itself speaks of the quality. On left is the DVD drive.

206gaqr.jpg

The DVD bay is removable and the lower portions of the bay can be used to mount 2.5" HDD or SSD.

Last edited:
Damage? Where?. There is no damage or scratch in the cabinet.

Edit - Damages ~ 20K.:D

Last edited:
Nice job baiju. Will this be connected with Magnat HT speakers?. What is going to be the display?

Assembling is quiet tidy. Gr8 job.

congrats baiju well done once again.. btw 20K is including the fusion remote cabinet? Can you post the breakup cost? Which GPU?

Looks very nice. Congratulations!

Ya.....even I want to know whether your 20K budget included the Antec Fusion cabinet?

Nice job baiju. Will this be connected with Magnat HT speakers?. What is going to be the display?

Assembling is quiet tidy. Gr8 job.

Thanks. The HTPC is connected to AVR using HDMI. VGA out of HTPC is connected to TV as HDMI display is somehow not clear with my TV. I will upgrade the TV soon.

congrats baiju well done once again.. btw 20K is including the fusion remote cabinet? Can you post the breakup cost? Which GPU?

The Antec Case is the costliest item in the HTPC - 10.5K. Actually I was looking for the Silverstone ML03 cabinet but availability was a problem. Prices of other components may have changed.

MoBo ~ 6.5K
CPU ~ 4.4K
4GB RAM ~ 1.2K
PSU ~ 2.5K

HDD and MCE I already had. 1TB HDD ~ 2.8K (bought it just before the price hike) and MCE (programmable) ~ 2K.

Last edited:
The Antec Case is the costliest item in the HTPC - 10.5K. Actually I was looking for the Silverstone ML03 cabinet but availability was a problem. Prices of other components may have changed.

I was afraid of that. The case sure looks classy but @10.5K would be out of reach for most.:)

Thanks. The HTPC is connected to AVR using HDMI. VGA out of HTPC is connected to TV as HDMI display is somehow not clear with my TV. I will upgrade the TV soon.

MoBo ~ 6.5K
CPU ~ 4.4K
4GB RAM ~ 1.2K
PSU ~ 2.5K

HDD and MCE I already had. 1TB HDD ~ 2.8K (bought it just before the price hike) and MCE (programmable) ~ 2K.

What about the GPU?

GPU is a used Zotac GT520 1GB synergy edition. Got it for 1.6K. It still has 4 year warranty remaining. The GPU is needed only for 3D playback. The onboard APU is powerful to decode 1080p easily.

I wish antec would let the psu be mounted vertically instead of horizontally. All they'd need to do is drop the base around the psu down to the height of the other 3 feet.

That way they'd be able to fit full atx mobos like my zalman 135s can.
34.jpg

Isnt the cost of Windows an add-on to the 20k? I presume you use Windows based on another thread.

Cost of Win7 is not included. XBMC Ubuntu or OpenElec can be used instead of Windows. Customization is easy in Windows.

I am looking for this case to build a HTPC. Cheapest price I am getting is Rs 14K when getting it from US through ishopinternatonal.

Please help me to get a better deal.

Last edited:
I am looking for this case to build a HTPC. Cheapest price I am getting is Rs 14K when getting it from US through ishopinternatonal.

Please help me to get a better deal.

Check with FMs baijuxaviour or yogendra they have the same cabinet in for htpc. I think they brought this case from a dealer in Indiranagar or Hennur in Bangalore. May be you can check out there build thread with this case you might find some clues. This case is very hard to find in India and importing from US is costly because of the weight.

Thanks

The Antec Remote case is very hard to get here. I bought it from a Banglore based seller last year, but the even their website is not working.

cases for HTPCs are getting scarce due to the ZOTAC effect

i know for a fact that an importer who used to get a container full of silverstone down has now switched to smaller micro cases and zotac

people just have a ready made solution - the zotac
very few ppl understand its not the ideal solution

since hes a frieind i had requested him to get 10nos 2480 antecs down
he did this 2months ago

cases for HTPCs are getting scarce due to the ZOTAC effect

since hes a frieind i had requested him to get 10nos 2480 antecs down
he did this 2months ago

hey magma .. is there a link to your friend's store or can u share his contact number .. I am searching for a NSK2480 .. I did find a store selling it here in Chennai but they only had the Silver one .. Im looking for a black one to match my entire setup !!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back