Any experience shipping a oled TV without original box package.

smltngs

Hi,
I have a LG CX 55. Today I observed the original box package got completely destroyed by termites. I was wondering what are my options while shifting to another city. Members please share any personal experience shifting delicate tv.

Hi,
I have a LG CX 55. Today I observed the original box package got completely destroyed by termites. I was wondering what are my options while shifting to another city. Members please share any personal experience shifting delicate tv.
Get a 55" TV packaging (slim carton) box from a waste paper mart or backyard sales/auction shop for Rs.25 and a few thermocoal packaging material and you are done.

Hi,

Honestly, sell in olx and buy new.

Everytime I move the tv even for cleaning, my heart skips a beat or two.. Cant think of shipping to a different city without original packing.

Last edited:
I am in Trivandrum,Kerala. I have never seen an FM from this location in our TV forums :).
Yeah finding one should be very difficult. Hope you are lucky enough to find one. Professional packers do have ways to pack Tv’s. I have seen some ad where they have a big wooden box with the inside completely surrounded by thermacol or similar material which will be soft and stiff.This will keep the tv intact. Also before keeping the tv inside they will bubble wrap it with 2-3 layers.

Hi,
Whatever you do, do not depend on the likes of Agarwal Packers. They have no idea on how to pack or handle modern day TV. Hopefully, pricier packers do a better job. I advise that you pack it yourself before you have them pack it over your packing. Thermocol is very cheap and so is bubble wrap. Buy few thick thermocols - at least one for front and one for back. Then break pieces for corners and sides - top, bottom, left and right. Stick them together in place with tape and then wrap the whole thing over by few layers of bubble wrap. Then let packers do their packing on top of yours.t.jpg

I am in Trivandrum,Kerala. I have never seen an FM from this location in our TV forums :).
I can lend you the orginal packing of my 55 incher u79 if that solves the problem.
Yeah I am in trivandrum.
I live in a rented house so I may need the packing later while shifting.

Selling in OLX needs shipping as well right

Within same city, can manage. Can take along personally or send a person if needed for a 1/2 hour travel. Selling within same apartment group etc is all still better.
Different city is a different ball game, have to rely on the packers and movers or the courier.

No one would mind 1/2 inch extra thickness. It would be sturdy and give peace of mind.
The razor thin OLEDs are just for asthetics differentiating them from the LEDs and showcasing no backlight requirement.
Long term, I wish they either make it foldable or thicker. Razor thin and not foldable is a bad combination for such a big item. (65"/75" etc)..

Are OLED panels more sensitive and prone to physical damage than the non-OLED ones. Because when my new Sony OLED was being installed last month, the installer was behaving extra careful. He also advises me not to use moist mop too while cleaning the panel. Only dry dusting. I find it bit strange. Aren't we used to mop the panel atleast once in two months or so., or else it would be difficult to get rid of the stains which settles on the panel.

Are OLED panels more sensitive and prone to physical damage than the non-OLED ones. Because when my new Sony OLED was being installed last month, the installer was behaving extra careful. He also advises me not to use moist mop too while cleaning the panel. Only dry dusting. I find it bit strange. Aren't we used to mop the panel atleast once in two months or so., or else it would be difficult to get rid of the stains which settles on the panel.
With moist rubbing the dirt gets deposited in the screen and would result in mild scratches. Dry soft TV glass cleaning clothes are recommended.

It may not have been about OLED or LED, Jayant-da. Could just be down to something as simple as better training for installers. Both LG and Sony send their own staff for installation these days.

He's probably right in telling you not to use a moist mop.
Here's a generic link from Sony Asia (Am unable to find the India link, but please don't wet mop any recent-year TV:
https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/articles/00167099)

All said, dry dusting is the best we should keep it to, be it any screen, big or small, oled or lcd.

Whatever you do, do not depend on the likes of Agarwal Packers. They have no idea on how to pack or handle modern day TV. Hopefully, pricier packers do a better job. I advise that you pack it yourself before you have them pack it over your packing. Thermocol is very cheap and so is bubble wrap. Buy few thick thermocols - at least one for front and one for back. Then break pieces for corners and sides - top, bottom, left and right. Stick them together in place with tape and then wrap the whole thing over by few layers of bubble wrap. Then let packers do their packing on top of yours.View attachment 63506
1. I have shifted a lot in the recent past, and have used Agarwal Packers so many times after a bad experience with local packers back in 2011.
So, I always thought they were good.

2. So, I was initially surprised at what you said. (Never had a TV past 10 years; today have one)
3. That's how I found this web page that shouldn't exist: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

If I am moving my TV in city, I shall carry it myself in a car!

Can you visit a local TV or electronics showroom and ask for a box as per your TV's size, for payment of course?

This makes me wonder if I'm correct in wanting to throw away the box of my 55U6G as these things are huge and can't be hidden out of sight anywhere in my rented house.

Last edited:
Can you visit a local TV or electronics showroom and ask for a box as per your TV's size, for payment of course?

This makes me wonder if I'm correct in wanting to throw away the box of my 55U6G as it's use and can't be hidden out of sight anywhere in my rented house.

If you are engaging any professional courier services they do a really good job packing the TV, 2019 moved in Bangalore about 6 kms away and OLED was packed by the transport company and they did a really good job packing it. Understand that interstate would involve much more challenges, however you can also insure against damage (not sure on the upper limit).

Last edited:
1. I have shifted a lot in the recent past, and have used Agarwal Packers so many times after a bad experience with local packers back in 2011.
So, I always thought they were good.
When I shifted from Chennai to Pune, Agarwal Packers broke almost everything that was delicate and irreplaceable. My house in Pune wasn't ready. So for a year I took a rented place at Aundh and when I went to look at the house, the landlord showed me his sofa set from Dubai that was moved from Delhi to Pune by Agarwal Packers, ruined here and there. This business hires bunch of people from Rajasthan, farmers who are idle and have nothing else to do because of sowing season etc. They are are hard working but more of brawn than brain. Will never again touch agarwal packers with a barge pole.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back