Any high efficiency bookshelf speakers?

I believe the best way to do audio is to start with PROFESSIONAL speakers, not consumer types. They must absolutely meet ALL these criteria:

1) High in efficiency / sensitivity, 100 dB rated is the minimum.

2) It must have a large surface area for the drivers. ( This means a minimum of a single 15 inch woofer. )

3) It must be a two-way system, and no more, nor less.

4) It must have both drivers FRONT ( not rear ) HORN loaded.

5) The woofer's cone must be visually seen, to radiate directly into one's listening room.

6) The tweeter needs to be a very powerful compression driver, front horn loaded, to delineate dynamics ideally.

7) The amplifier needs to be brilliantly thought-out in it's topology, and absolutely outstanding in design and execution. Very few are !!!

Anything less, and I fully believe one wastes their time - and certainly - their money !!

Relative to this thread's topic, ( which I consider to be misguided, highly wasteful ), IMHO, there exists no such thing as a " good " high efficiency bookshelf speaker.

Why compromise ???

These are just my own personal conclusions, truthfully attempting to guide others. YMMV, fine. I speak-out here after a LONG time actively doing audio.

Jeff
Speaker design and amplifier topologies have come a long , long way from behemoth Altec Votts of the 40s and flea powered set amps. One is delusional if one thinks anything other than those are waste of time and money.

Speaker design and amplifier topologies have come a long , long way from behemoth Altec Votts of the 40s and flea powered set amps. One is delusional if one thinks anything other than those are waste of time and money.

To be fair, he has said "in his opinion". Which is fine, albeit strongly-stated and could have been phrased better.

(And to be clear: even though i lean more towards that side with my own preferences, I absolutely agree with you that this isnt a truism by any means).

To be fair, he has said "in his opinion". Which is fine, albeit strongly-stated and could have been phrased better.

(And to be clear: even though i lean more towards that side with my own preferences, I absolutely agree with you that this isnt a truism by any means).
Nicely expressed :) @vkalia

I take back what I posted earlier in this thread, about no professional quality bookshelves of high efficiency.

I suggest you study up on the Great Plains Audio 12 inch duplex and or small co-axial speakers, maybe even the Troy audio bookshelf, which employs GPA drivers. GPA drivers ARE professional quality drivers !!! Yes, they make smaller Monitoring speakers, and bookshelf offerings.

Their web site pages are fragmented and lack luster, but some of their small driver offerings are likely a smart choice.

Jeff

I take back what I posted earlier in this thread, about no professional quality bookshelves of high efficiency.

I suggest you study up on the Great Plains Audio 12 inch duplex and or small co-axial speakers, maybe even the Troy audio bookshelf, which employs GPA drivers. GPA drivers ARE professional quality drivers !!! Yes, they make smaller Monitoring speakers, and bookshelf offerings.

Their web site pages are fragmented and lack luster, but some of their small driver offerings are likely a smart choice.

Jeff
Thank you.
The GPA seems to be a manufacturer of high quality drivers and crossovers.
I could not see any fully built speakers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back