Any idea on Craftel from Audiocraft

cruise_1982

Hi guys,

I currently own an Onkyo Sr-606 Receiver,Klipsch Qunitet II speakers and Klipsch Sub-12 for my home theater set up.I am planning to buy two floor standers and an amp for listening to music in bedroom. I am looking a budget of 10 K. I Listened to Craftel amp + speakers in the gym where I workout and I found it to be quite decent.Have you guys heard about the craftel brand? Can I get two floorstanders and an amp with RMS 30-50 watts from Audiocraft within my budget? Do you guys have any other suggestions for me? I dont want to expand my budget as I already own a decent HT setup.

I am eagerly waiting for your response...

Hi,

I am using Craftel speakers and amplifier. They work fine so far. I have floorstanders and an amplifier. The specifications are given below:

Floorstanders: 150W RMS (12" woofer, 5" midrange, 1" Philips Dome Tweeter)
Amplifier: 100W RMS - Model no. STA 662.

As you said, the sound quality is very decent and I spent only 13K for the setup. For your requirement, you can definitely get decent floorstanders and an amplifier (50W) within your budget.

For more information, read the posts related to Audiocraft or Craftel. I have also posted some pictures on the popular post, "Showcase your setup".

You can contact Mr. Mark, Audiocraft at 9841023957.

I would say Audiocraft products are "value for money" products.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi guys,

I currently own an Onkyo Sr-606 Receiver,Klipsch Qunitet II speakers and Klipsch Sub-12 for my home theater set up.I am planning to buy two floor standers and an amp for listening to music in bedroom. I am looking a budget of 10 K. I Listened to Craftel amp + speakers in the gym where I workout and I found it to be quite decent.Have you guys heard about the craftel brand? Can I get two floorstanders and an amp with RMS 30-50 watts from Audiocraft within my budget? Do you guys have any other suggestions for me? I dont want to expand my budget as I already own a decent HT setup.

I am eagerly waiting for your response...

Dear Muthu,
PL let me know the price u paid for floor tower alone and when... Have u come across their range of woofers, how are they.. kindly share ur exp on movie performance for ur towers in case ur using them for that... 12inch driver seems to be very high for the music i feel.. how is the high freq. response from ur towers....
regards

Hi,

I paid 7000 rupees for the floorstanders. I bought them on October 2007. At the time of purchase, they had a pair of predesinged 12" towers and I asked some modifications in the cabinet appearance. They make range of woofers; components are procured from various sources and assembled at their shop. I also had a demo of a pair of 8" tower. The quality of sound is good. Generally their products are good value for money.

So far I used my floorstanders only for music listening. Occasionally I tried for movies but because I do not have a home theater setup, I cannot judge the quality in terms of movies. You may be true that 12" drivers are very high for music listening but I preferred them to get soft bass :)

In my towers, standard 1" Philips dome tweeters are used and they sound good. Some of my friends told me that the high frequency is somewhat high than the usual. But, I am very much satisfied with the performance of towers. I would say that the high frequency is dependant on the amplifier we use. If you have any specific requirement of drivers and tweeters, you can choose them for your towers and Audiocraft will accommodate your customization.

I am in Chennai and you are welcome to listen to my towers.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

P.S

I suggest you to take your own CDs for the demo.

Dear Muthu,
PL let me know the price u paid for floor tower alone and when... Have u come across their range of woofers, how are they.. kindly share ur exp on movie performance for ur towers in case ur using them for that... 12inch driver seems to be very high for the music i feel.. how is the high freq. response from ur towers....
regards

Thanks a Lot 4 the details Muthu.
In fact I am in touch with Mr Marc for specific powered sub to suit my HT which at persent is Marantz sr301 with wh2 from wharfedale and FL/FR from my audio unit from AIWA. RMS from Marantz is 140 w / ch at 6 ohms and hence i need to have some good sud for the movies. Somehow, I need to be within 10K in which no company can offer me a good sub of 250w rms with 10 or 12 inch driver. Audiocraft has one THX designed sub at 12.5K with double driver of 10 inch each having 175w rms, but no demo. Thats only made to order. As u said, the person seems to be promising and ur exp. also supports that. In case u happen to be there again , pl let me know the subwoofers and their performane/price ratio. I am bit far from chennai and hence prefer to zero on a model, demo it and pickup.....
thanks 4 the reply again.
regards

Hi Diplomat,

Thanks for the reply. I will get you more details of subwoofers if I happened to be there. In fact, one of my friend wants a customized amplifier which has 10 inputs (the drawing is in progress). For this purpose, we will be visiting Audiocraft soon. Your requirement is only the subwoofer of 275W RMS capacity, right? Will inform you further details.

Regards,
Muthu

Thanks a Lot 4 the details Muthu.
In fact I am in touch with Mr Marc for specific powered sub to suit my HT which at persent is Marantz sr301 with wh2 from wharfedale and FL/FR from my audio unit from AIWA. RMS from Marantz is 140 w / ch at 6 ohms and hence i need to have some good sud for the movies. Somehow, I need to be within 10K in which no company can offer me a good sub of 250w rms with 10 or 12 inch driver. Audiocraft has one THX designed sub at 12.5K with double driver of 10 inch each having 175w rms, but no demo. Thats only made to order. As u said, the person seems to be promising and ur exp. also supports that. In case u happen to be there again , pl let me know the subwoofers and their performane/price ratio. I am bit far from chennai and hence prefer to zero on a model, demo it and pickup.....
thanks 4 the reply again.
regards

My subwoofer from Craftle Chennai

Dear Sri Muthu,
Just to inform you and the other members that I got one nice and sweet sub 2 days back from Audiocraft. As u said, Mr. Marc is so supportive in all aspects that u don't feel like being customer there. In fact now they have plenty of demo dvds and u can get any kind of HT to suit ur budget from them.
My sub is 12 inch driver with 210 w rms, front firing ported in a huge and heavy cabinet looks like too ordinary for style stud music or movie lovers. But u just close ur eyes and hear the preformance, my god the effects of TSUNAMI from Independance Day and ice braking (13th chapter) from Narnia were just enough to close my deal. I agree, the bass is not as boomy as from downfiring ones, but more than enough for a room size of 14 x 12 with lots of bedroom furniture inside. I have thrown DTS-ES disc of Cast Away to it for the aircraft crash and just felt myself out of world, almost getting into the pacific along with the air craft.
The cost is simple 7K and performance wise may be compared to 15K units. I have seen Wharfedale SW150 and polk audio PSW10, but at this price the unit is just a steal. I will keep updating as I use it more and more.
Two nice floor standers at 11K are there on display, just rush in case u need.

Re: My subwoofer from Craftle Chennai

Diplomat,

It's very glad to hear from you about Craftel sub woofer. So, for the demo, you came to Chennai? because you said you are bit far from Chennai. How did you manage to take the sub to your home?

Have a nice time with your sub and post the snaps of that when you find time. Any idea about the specs. of the floorstanders you have mentioned?

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Dear Sri Muthu,
Just to inform you and the other members that I got one nice and sweet sub 2 days back from Audiocraft. As u said, Mr. Marc is so supportive in all aspects that u don't feel like being customer there. In fact now they have plenty of demo dvds and u can get any kind of HT to suit ur budget from them.
My sub is 12 inch driver with 210 w rms, front firing ported in a huge and heavy cabinet looks like too ordinary for style stud music or movie lovers. But u just close ur eyes and hear the preformance, my god the effects of TSUNAMI from Independance Day and ice braking (13th chapter) from Narnia were just enough to close my deal. I agree, the bass is not as boomy as from downfiring ones, but more than enough for a room size of 14 x 12 with lots of bedroom furniture inside. I have thrown DTS-ES disc of Cast Away to it for the aircraft crash and just felt myself out of world, almost getting into the pacific along with the air craft.
The cost is simple 7K and performance wise may be compared to 15K units. I have seen Wharfedale SW150 and polk audio PSW10, but at this price the unit is just a steal. I will keep updating as I use it more and more.
Two nice floor standers at 11K are there on display, just rush in case u need.

Hi Diplomat
Congrats for the new sub
It would be really great if you posted some pics. I am sure many of us would be keen to know what amp and drivers are used for the sub
Meanwhile enjoy watching movies :)

Dear Sri Muthu,
Ur right, I am 80 kms away from Chennai and hence was having taxi for getting the sub. Initially I had demo of one 12inch driver smaller unit with 150w rms and then asked exactly what I need. Mr Marc was kind enough to show me both of my options i.e dual driver ( 2 x 6.5 inch - 150 w rms each) front ported down firing and the one I have discussed in my last post. Output from downfiring was bit extra boomy for me, though it was a small cabinet and cute looking one. I had the option of dual driver bandpass for demo on the same day, but no time and I liked the front firing one, hence just gone for it.
The floor standers are front ported 150 w rms each with 2 x 6.5 inch woofer, one 4 or 4.5 inch mid range with two tweeters. The units and the sub are all branded as stage_99 (promoted by Mr Marc) and not Craftel. Again as i said, the look is purely conventional, but the output .... just excellent.

As asked by Rikhav, I have no idea for the company from which he is sourcing the driver and amp. But I am sure, the amp is his own design with very nice power management so as you don't get any heatsink on the rear side for the cabinet as it is usual for the woofer with amp. May be you can call him for details.

I will try to post some pic of it soon.

Thank you very much Diplomat. Expecting the pictures!

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Dear Sri Muthu,
Ur right, I am 80 kms away from Chennai and hence was having taxi for getting the sub. Initially I had demo of one 12inch driver smaller unit with 150w rms and then asked exactly what I need. Mr Marc was kind enough to show me both of my options i.e dual driver ( 2 x 6.5 inch - 150 w rms each) front ported down firing and the one I have discussed in my last post. Output from downfiring was bit extra boomy for me, though it was a small cabinet and cute looking one. I had the option of dual driver bandpass for demo on the same day, but no time and I liked the front firing one, hence just gone for it.
The floor standers are front ported 150 w rms each with 2 x 6.5 inch woofer, one 4 or 4.5 inch mid range with two tweeters. The units and the sub are all branded as stage_99 (promoted by Mr Marc) and not Craftel. Again as i said, the look is purely conventional, but the output .... just excellent.

As asked by Rikhav, I have no idea for the company from which he is sourcing the driver and amp. But I am sure, the amp is his own design with very nice power management so as you don't get any heatsink on the rear side for the cabinet as it is usual for the woofer with amp. May be you can call him for details.

I will try to post some pic of it soon.

Hi Diplomat
As you said the amp is designed by Mr. Marc himself, then i would be really excited to see the deisgn of the sub specially it being without a heatsink, because i have not seen any sub without one. its really a good design which Mr. Marc has made.
So please post the pics for us and also share your experience after you installed the sub in you room while watching movies and listening to music

update on subwoofer

I just forgot to inform the forum that the sub i got from stage_99 has no cross over and high level input, usually available on company sub. Auto shutoff circuit in absence of signal also is not available. It just takes pre out from AVR. Hence the amp without inbuild option for crossover will not be ok for this design. May be these are the features responsible for higher price, but somehow I felt these are not reqd. for my kind of use. My marantz avr has option to adjust the crossover and got a low level pre out for .1 channel, hence no problem.
I don't have digicam or cam on mobile to take the pics. But soon I will try to arrange and upload.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back