Any Player which playes the ISO images

sgajjala

I have a question regarding ISO video images.
I am looking for a player which directly understands and plays an ISO Image.
Generally , I do copy the video disc and store it as ISO image. The reson being, I do not loose any menu title, subtitle etc..

Now If I want to play in any player, I need a virtual drive to mount the image and either copy the files or play it from the virtual drive.

Instead if I get the player which can mount it directly and play it , that would save lot of effort in mounting and copying

Experts , please suggest me the direction to go !!!!!

I have a question regarding ISO video images.
I am looking for a player which directly understands and plays an ISO Image.
Generally , I do copy the video disc and store it as ISO image. The reson being, I do not loose any menu title, subtitle etc..

Now If I want to play in any player, I need a virtual drive to mount the image and either copy the files or play it from the virtual drive.

Instead if I get the player which can mount it directly and play it , that would save lot of effort in mounting and copying

Experts , please suggest me the direction to go !!!!!

Are you referring to a software on your PC or Hardware to connect to the TV?

If it is hardware - pretty much any of the new media players (WD TV, Seagate FAT, PCH, eGreat) are capable of playing ISOs. I do know that some are capable of playing Blue-ray ISOs as well but not sure about navigation capabilities (menus, etc...)

Hi Vardu,
Sorry for not mentioning about software or Hardware. I am referring hardware to play the ISOs.
WD TV plays the ISO image directly? Does it show in its feature list?
If I copy the ISO image in WDTV will it play as it is without stripping?
Out of the list mentioned, which one is cheaper and reliable?
Appreciate your response

AC Ryan's POHD plays both DVD and Bluray ISO, BUT with bluray, there is no menu navigation, the movie starts to play directly, where as with DVD ISO or infact with just the DVD structure copied POHD plays the movie with full menu structure .......

Hope this helps
Regards
Sammy

Hi
WDTV live is able to play the ISO files with full support for menus.
I played one few days before will menus.

Thanks

^^ Which ISO..... DVD or Bluray with full menus .... ???

Guys almost every media player out there plays ISO, the difference lies in playing Bluray ISO with full menu navigation support ..... how many out there does that ....

^^ Does xtremer pro plays BD ISO with full menu navigation support... ????

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back