Any reviews for Phillips HTL6140?

icclearlee

I am looking for a budget soundbar and came across Phillips HTL6140 which was retailing for ~23k on ebay, but I couldn't find any reviews for it. There seem to be plenty for the 5140 model but not this one. Any ideas or alternate suggestion in the 20-25k range apart from this one and JBL 350 (already shortlisted)?

I bought this for my hall , and so far i.m divided on my opinion about it. Mine is HTL6140b

Pros:

1) Doesnt crack at high volumes
2) Sounds are really clear and crisp.
3) Really good for action movies

Cons:

1) The remote sucks and can only be used if you point it at the bar from straight ahead of it.
2) The dialogue isnt that clear.

One thing that could be an issue with me is that the soundbar is in my hall, and my hall is really huge and sound echoes all over it , so that could be one reason for it not being that clear when it comes to dialogue n all. But when i played music on it it was just amazing, and i cranked up the volume but it handled everything perfectly. I have a feeling that the dialogue issue is coz of my hall.. I also played fifa on it for a bit and it felt really good, almost like you were sitting in the stadium..

Thanks Arjun. Did you have better luck with dialogues on other movies? What is your input source?

Thanks Arjun. Did you have better luck with dialogues on other movies? What is your input source?

Sorry , i just saw this. My input source is a ps3, and i'm mainly viewing blu ray quality movies. I havent used this sound bar much in the past few weeks so cant comment on the movies bit.

I am looking for a budget soundbar and came across Phillips HTL6140 which was retailing for ~23k on ebay, but I couldn't find any reviews for it. There seem to be plenty for the 5140 model but not this one. Any ideas or alternate suggestion in the 20-25k range apart from this one and JBL 350 (already shortlisted)?

My apologies as my answer is irrelevant to your question, but can you not consider a HITB package in that price.

Like Yamaha 196 or Yamaha 1810. Far more value for money when you consider the versatility it offers and the future upgrade possibilities it provided. The minus factor being the looks and the wiring and space.

Philips sound quality is very poor compared to other players in its category.
I auditioned philips and Sony for home theatre yesterday and found Sony way better. Always Audition a sound system before u buy, particularly when u buy online.

I bought the Samsung HW-J450 recently for ~15k and am very happy with my purchase after tweaking with the treble and woofer volume.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back