Apple music to launch lossless streaming

whats the final word on this ? Anyone know when it is being released in India ? I can't seem to play it from my iphone. Also the apple music interface is the worst, you cant even access its settings easily and see what quality is playing.
o_O This forum may not be the right place if we are looking for final words!
The Apple DAC dongle is available from Apple stores and online too.
My impression after three days of use is it sounds very good indeed (lossless files, playing on apple Music app on iPhone Xs to my IEMS (JH13pro customs). Good sound, small form factor, Rs.900/-)
In my opinion Its definitely good value for money.
Is that the last word? I wouldn’t dare presume :) (I hope not)

o_O This forum may not be the right place if we are looking for final words!
The Apple DAC dongle is available from Apple stores and online too.
My impression after three days of use is it sounds very good indeed (lossless files, playing on apple Music app on iPhone Xs to my IEMS (JH13pro customs). Good sound, small form factor, Rs.900/-)
In my opinion Its definitely good value for money.
Is that the last word? I wouldn’t dare presume :) (I hope not)
I think he is asking about the Apple Music Spatial/Hi-res Audio coming to India. I think!

5231FFCB-1110-479B-9433-87FC687FCD47.jpeg
Got myself the usb C dongle also. Certainly cleared up the frequency imbalances muffled muddiness that I was getting through the headphone out of my MacBook. This impedance stuff truly deserves a thread of its own which I just might do.

So basically all that’s left is for the darn lossless to arrive now!

Last edited:
View attachment 59494
Got myself the usb C dongle also. Certainly cleared up the frequency imbalances muffled muddiness that I was getting through the headphone out of my MacBook. This impedance stuff truly deserves a thread of its own which I just might do.

So basically all that’s left is for the darn lossless to arrive now!
I highly doubt this Dac will decode lossless anyways. At this level of equipment, you will not get any benefit from lossless.

There’s nothing to decode at the CD level stream I’m interested in checking out. To me CD is lossless ie uncompressed lol. Not interested in anything above since digital is casual for me. Records get all my love.

I highly doubt this Dac will decode lossless anyways. At this level of equipment, you will not get any benefit from lossless.
It supports up to 48khz so wont do high res. Would do 16/44 lossless though (cd quality), which would be a large majority of the library anyway.

Whether any of these dongle DACs scale enough to show the benefits of lossless is a different debate.

Now this pop up on screen but on going to the settings no option to choose for lossless

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-193456.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-193456.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 25
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back