Apple TV 4K - Owners Thread!

Good review and observations. Really was looking for a genuine user observations of the Apple 4K vs the Nvidia Shield pro in India. Cheers

Agree with the OP's observations re. Netflix and Apple TV+ on the ATV 4K. When my internet connection is good, it's hard to tell that I'm streaming. To my untrained eyes, at any rate.

Only one gripe: Make a source direct option available (like on the Oppo players) to allow for folks who have an external VP to take advantage of it.

I have been using the Apple TV4k since 2 years now & love it. I prefer it to the streaming app on my LG B6 too eg- Netflix, Prime etc.

I feel the Dolby Vision/HDR 10 from the apple tv is so much better if compared to the TV streaming apps.

Offcourse Apple TV+ is awesome too with more shows coming on it & the quality is very good.

I use it at times for Tidal to play Dolby Atmos music & music videos when i need a change from just listening to Tidal MQA through my stereo integrated.

I think its a must buy streaming player if you have a decent setup.

Cheers.

Excellent review and observations :)
I too use ATV 4K and Shield TV pro on daily basis and found both to have their own advantages. Spot on, comparing LG apps compared to ATV apps. ATV+ audio/video quality is miles ahead compared to other streaming services. I use Infuse 6 pro too and never had problems with it. Found it to be very good compared to plex app.
Regards.

I have been using the Apple TV4k since 2 years now & love it. I prefer it to the streaming app on my LG B6 too eg- Netflix, Prime etc.

I feel the Dolby Vision/HDR 10 from the apple tv is so much better if compared to the TV streaming apps.

Offcourse Apple TV+ is awesome too with more shows coming on it & the quality is very good.

I use it at times for Tidal to play Dolby Atmos music & music videos when i need a change from just listening to Tidal MQA through my stereo integrated.

I think its a must buy streaming player if you have a decent setup.

Cheers.
How did u install Tidal in Apple tv 4k.

Yes, you can find it.
You need a Mac and Xcode app installed on it.
would be great to know the streaming speed on ATV 4K
On various devices that I have checked, it doesn't go beyond 15.25 Mbps, not sure if thats the highest it goes to.

would be great to know the streaming speed on ATV 4K
On various devices that I have checked, it doesn't go beyond 15.25 Mbps, not sure if thats the highest it goes to.
Thats the highest limit cap from Netflix servers. Won't matter which device u use.

The limit use to be 17.5 mbps before the Covid hit all of us. Then was lowered to 11.5 mbps & now it upped abit to 15 mbps.

Apple TV+ shows/movies is approx 20-25 mbps from what i read on international forums, that too is lowered down cause of the Pandemic.

Its still very superior compare to Nextlfix/Prime. Offocurse none of these are even close to UHD- Blu-ray playback.

Cheers.

Thats the highest limit cap from Netflix servers. Won't matter which device u use.

The limit use to be 17.5 mbps before the Covid hit all of us. Then was lowered to 11.5 mbps & now it upped abit to 15 mbps.

Apple TV+ shows/movies is approx 20-25 mbps from what i read on international forums, that too is lowered down cause of the Pandemic.

Its still very superior compare to Nextlfix/Prime. Offocurse none of these are even close to UHD- Blu-ray playback.

Cheers.
Thank you for confirming, this helps ruling out the possibility of certain device to be specially privileged for a better streaming speed.
Everything should melt down to the capability of the device itself. Specially the Picture Quality because anyway the most of us are using "bitstream passthrough" setting for sound, isn't it?

Everything should melt down to the capability of the device itself. Specially the Picture Quality because anyway the most of us are using "bitstream passthrough" setting for sound, isn't it?

I believe you can use a 3rd party app on the Shield to send video which is the equivalent of Oppo's "Source Direct".

Re. sound, ATV only sends Atmos as a bitstream, the rest are decoded.

The ideal streamer for me is something with a nice, usable interface and functioning merely as a AV transport. Stay out of any video or audio processing. Apple couldn't charge much for something like that, though. Still be nice to have it as an option, at the very least. A man can dream, can't he?

I believe you can use a 3rd party app on the Shield to send video which is the equivalent of Oppo's "Source Direct".

Re. sound, ATV only sends Atmos as a bitstream, the rest are decoded.

The ideal streamer for me is something with a nice, usable interface and functioning merely as a AV transport. Stay out of any video or audio processing. Apple couldn't charge much for something like that, though. Still be nice to have it as an option, at the very least. A man can dream, can't he?
"merely as AV transport", thats the key :)
Its definitely a dream for all the users who rely on OTT streaming specially.

Hi guys, can you please help me to choose between new 2021 Apple TV 4k and Shield pro. I’m really confused which one to go ahead with. I’ll be using it with my Denon 2600h AVR connected to LG 4K tv

P.S. Though I’m heavily invested in Apple ecosystem, but don’t want that to be a reason for any compromise on the picture/sound quality!

Hi guys, can you please help me to choose between new 2021 Apple TV 4k and Shield pro. I’m really confused which one to go ahead with. I’ll be using it with my Denon 2600h AVR connected to LG 4K tv

P.S. Though I’m heavily invested in Apple ecosystem, but don’t want that to be a reason for any compromise on the picture/sound quality!
Apple TV 4K is the streaming king. Nothing comes close to it!! If you wanna do other things along with streaming then consider Shield Pro

Shield is the best option for HT. When it comes to playing all file formats through usb shield is the best device.Also using kodi u can subscribe to real debrid and stream all movies and TV shows

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back