Apple TV 4K - Owners Thread!

Hello respected ATV 4k owners,

Can you please connect any Bluetooth Headphone to your Apple TV 4K and check if the Netflix App Drop the resolution from 4K to HD?
Can you confirm this just once connecting any BT headphones / Audio device?

I know Apple TV or Shield TV is not built to consume with BT headsets...

The answer is YES, you can stream Netflix in 4K UHD or 4K HDR mode when connected any Bluetooth Audio device. Be it cheap earbuds or Audiophile desktop amp like Fiio K9 Pro. (Tested with Fiio BTR 3/5,BTA30 Pro, Q5s,K9 Pro, Topping DX3)
Netflix on Apple Tv don’t bother with this kind of petty Android bugs.

Sorry answering my question - Just got the 4k 2021 version.

Only Streaming app missing from the ATV's app store is MX Player TV which is free to watch, Not a big deal though but I only watch there is a show which portrays the Dera Sacha Sauda incident.

Ordered apple tv 4k 2022, 128gb version, not sure what it will bring to the table, but hope it’s worth it!

Ordered apple tv 4k 2022, 128gb version, not sure what it will bring to the table, but hope it’s worth it!
Do share your experience. I am planning to buy one next month. Currently using Amazon Firestick 4K Max

If you have an iPhone already, colour calibration through your iPhone camera.

Also Atmos through Apple music (which is not available on any other streaming device).

I've found both PQ and SQ to be noticeablely superior to the inbuilt OTT apps on the LG G1 OLED and Firestick 4K, not to mention slick navigation.

It doubles up as a decent gaming console too and allows you to play Apple Arcade games.

I am moving to Apple TV after facing endless problems with my current setup playing HDR contents. My current setup is LG OLED + Amazon Firestick 4k Max. I have subscribed to Plex as my contents are mainly from shared library via Plex. Playing Dolby Vision on Amazon Firestick 4K Max is a hit or miss. DV profile 5 ( I guess ?) plays fine, while the blueray Remux contents plays only the audio ( DV profile 7 ?) with a black screen and DV logo displayed at the start. It is supposed to fall back to HDR, never happens. So I will switch to LG WebOS plex version. WebOS NEVER played DV, all the DV contents are converted into HDR no matter which profile I plays. I also paid for an app called X-Play hoping that it can play DV on WebOS but again all the DV is converted to HDR.

Now the main reason I am switching to ATV is - some of the files I stream are heavy like 114 GB with high bitrate. I have a 200 Mbps connection and Firestick wifi ( on 5GHz ) keeps bufferring the files. I have a Firestick Lan adaptor and encounter less bufferring if I connect to LAN. But the LAN adaptor supports only 100 mbps and I cannot take advantage of my higher bandwidth. If I connect Lan to my TV, again its not guaranteed that I can have a pleaseant viewing experience. I am guessing the LG TV lan also has a 100mbps limitation. Now the new version ATV has got a 1GBps LAN and I hope my movie experience will improve with this upgrade. I don't have a surround setup so Dolby atoms compatability is no a concern for me, but again plex transcodes the atmos/TrueHD to opus and buferring starts again even if the file size is around 50GB. I am counting on the A15 chip and 1 Gbps lan feature on the ATV.
1676324263748.png

I am moving to Apple TV after facing endless problems with my current setup playing HDR contents. My current setup is LG OLED + Amazon Firestick 4k Max. I have subscribed to Plex as my contents are mainly from shared library via Plex. Playing Dolby Vision on Amazon Firestick 4K Max is a hit or miss. DV profile 5 ( I guess ?) plays fine, while the blueray Remux contents plays only the audio ( DV profile 7 ?) with a black screen and DV logo displayed at the start. It is supposed to fall back to HDR, never happens. So I will switch to LG WebOS plex version. WebOS NEVER played DV, all the DV contents are converted into HDR no matter which profile I plays. I also paid for an app called X-Play hoping that it can play DV on WebOS but again all the DV is converted to HDR.

Now the main reason I am switching to ATV is - some of the files I stream are heavy like 114 GB with high bitrate. I have a 200 Mbps connection and Firestick wifi ( on 5GHz ) keeps bufferring the files. I have a Firestick Lan adaptor and encounter less bufferring if I connect to LAN. But the LAN adaptor supports only 100 mbps and I cannot take advantage of my higher bandwidth. If I connect Lan to my TV, again its not guaranteed that I can have a pleaseant viewing experience. I am guessing the LG TV lan also has a 100mbps limitation. Now the new version ATV has got a 1GBps LAN and I hope my movie experience will improve with this upgrade. I don't have a surround setup so Dolby atoms compatability is not a concern for me, but again plex transcodes the atmos/TrueHD to opus and buferring starts again even if the file size is around 50GB. I am counting on the A15 chip and 1 Gbps lan feature on the ATV.
View attachment 75181
If anyone has gone through a similar experience, let me know if ATV can be a saviour or not? Else I will live with my sufferrings :p. I considered Nvidia Shield Pro but its old now and got its own bugs to deal with so ATV is the best bet I guess. Moreover, I have Apple music subscription ( android user here) because of the lossless music they are offerring ( Spotify lossless where are you? ) and I can stream to my Yamaha via optical from my TV.

Last edited:
Connect apple tv 4k directly to tv. Pic quality improves and Aha Iam getting 5.1 with aha gold.
Using apple tv 4k 2021 from nearly 2 trs
I have Aha gold. It is capped to 1080p stereo and I use Atv 2022. I connect it to Denon X2700h which is connected to projector.

Do share your experience. I am planning to buy one next month. Currently using Amazon Firestick 4K Max
It came, it conquered. Just extensively listening Apple Music through it, and the sound quality is certainly improved. Will do testing listening through Spotify later today. On few video testing, can easily find the quality improvement. Worth it!

Now the main reason I am switching to ATV is - some of the files I stream are heavy like 114 GB with high bitrate. I have a 200 Mbps connection and Firestick wifi ( on 5GHz ) keeps bufferring the files. I have a Firestick Lan adaptor and encounter less bufferring if I connect to LAN. But the LAN adaptor supports only 100 mbps and I cannot take advantage of my higher bandwidth. If I connect Lan to my TV, again its not guaranteed that I can have a pleaseant viewing experience. I am guessing the LG TV lan also has a 100mbps limitation. Now the new version ATV has got a 1GBps LAN and I hope my movie experience will improve with this upgrade. I don't have a surround setup so Dolby atoms compatability is no a concern for me, but again plex transcodes the atmos/TrueHD to opus and buferring starts again even if the file size is around 50GB. I am counting on the A15 chip and 1 Gbps lan feature on the ATV.
View attachment 75181
For high bitrate/ complex file LAN play back on ATV, I would strongly recommend infuse over plex.
For the most part, its a huge improvement over plex and does not require any server software on your file server/ NAS.

If for some reason you do want to stick with plex, please do disable transcoding altogther on the plex server

For high bitrate/ complex file LAN play back on ATV, I would strongly recommend infuse over plex.
For the most part, its a huge improvement over plex and does not require any server software on your file server/ NAS.

If for some reason you do want to stick with plex, please do disable transcoding altogther on the plex server
Unfortunately, my library is not over LAN, its shared library. I have heard about infuse, never used it as its limited to iOS. I know it plays files seamlessly but read that it struggles to index huge libraries. I will give it a try.
Now, plex got its own problems, I prefer direct play but if I am playing a movie with an audio track in DTS-HD then Plex transcodes it and my firestick fails.

Unfortunately, my library is not over LAN, its shared library. I have heard about infuse, never used it as its limited to iOS. I know it plays files seamlessly but read that it struggles to index huge libraries. I will give it a try.
Now, plex got its own problems, I prefer direct play but if I am playing a movie with an audio track in DTS-HD then Plex transcodes it and my firestick fails.
Finally got ATV 4K ethernet varient. Installed Plex and tested it. Everything plays fine via Plex. The movies which Firestick failed to play went well with ATV. I am happy with this purchase ☺️

Finally got ATV 4K ethernet varient. Installed Plex and tested it. Everything plays fine via Plex. The movies which Firestick failed to play went well with ATV. I am happy with this purchase ☺️
Congrats, Does Apple Tv plays DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD files through Plex player?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back