AR Rahman audio cds

Last edited:
There are a few remastered version of A.R. Rahman’s music in youtube, mastered by a renowned sound engineer, Sreejesh Nair.
The channel name is The mastering project.

Another notable AR Rahman gem is the Tamil movie Duet (1994) ... Sax all over...

It was dubbed in hindi named Tu Hi Mera Dil but reduced tracks and not of same quality as Tamil.

One suggestion for Tamil music source is https://www.tamilhdaudio.com . Not sure about the copyright, just for information purposes .. they offer 1 month unlimited download paid membership for RS 200 only

I would love to have Tamil and Telugu audio cd, any source?

I have few doubts.

1.What is the source being played by FM radios? Why it sounds better than the one played from mp3 player?
2.the format I find in CDs is .wav file. Is is it compressed one or original one?
3.where can we get Master audio, the one actually created while recording?
4.Some .flac formats are available in net. From where /how they produced those?

Please find the answers in Bold.
I have few doubts.

1.What is the source being played by FM radios? Why it sounds better than the one played from mp3 player?
Those are probably the radio-edit version of the original song.
2.the format I find in CDs is .wav file. Is is it compressed one or original one?

In a way, they are compressed. The studios use 24 bit 48 Khz+ audio and the cd spec is 16 bit 48Khz. So the dynamic range is gone there.

3.where can we get Master audio, the one actually created while recording?

I don't think you can get it anywhere unless you're the audio engineer or the producer.

4.Some .flac formats are available in net. From where /how they produced those?
The one from torrents? 16 bit should be the cd rip. 24bit might be the vinyl rip. Streaming services like tidal uses the file from mixing session and remaster it, if I'm not wrong.

sorry, cd is 44.1 kHz. studio uses 48 khz and more although 48 kHz is just fine.

I think we both may need to correct ourselves, seems studio goes upto 24/192

http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-formats.aspx

Excerpt from above

Studio Master files are lossless at various high sample rates, for example, 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz and 192KHz (check each title for actual details). The format will be dependent on the actual recording method we used originally. These files offer true studio quality and are far higher in quality than can be achieved on CD.

Where a 192KHz Studio Master is offered, this is the true recording master. Because the majority of soundcards and some media players are only capable of playing back at sample rates of up to 96KHz, we also make a 96KHz Studio Master available for these albums so all customers can still enjoy the benefits of hi-res sound.

Please note also that the 192KHz files are approximately twice the size of a 96KHz Studio Master and may consequently take up to twice as long to download.

I think we both may need to correct ourselves, seems studio goes upto 24/192

http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-formats.aspx

Excerpt from above

Studio Master files are lossless at various high sample rates, for example, 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz and 192KHz (check each title for actual details). The format will be dependent on the actual recording method we used originally. These files offer true studio quality and are far higher in quality than can be achieved on CD.

Where a 192KHz Studio Master is offered, this is the true recording master. Because the majority of soundcards and some media players are only capable of playing back at sample rates of up to 96KHz, we also make a 96KHz Studio Master available for these albums so all customers can still enjoy the benefits of hi-res sound.

Please note also that the 192KHz files are approximately twice the size of a 96KHz Studio Master and may consequently take up to twice as long to download.
We are going way more off-topic here. ;)

The difference between 96 kHz and 192 Khz is very very little if not close to null, between 20 Hz and 20kHz spectrum. 48 Khz is more than enough and 96 Khz help a bit during post processing of high frequencies, in the studio. For listening, 48 KHz is just enough and anything more will be a waste of space in our hard disk. What is more important is the bit depth. Higher the bit depth more the dynamic range. It helps a lot to keep noise under control too. 24 bit can go up to 144 decibels and they are truncated to sub 120 decibels for obvious reasons. 192 kHz is just a gimmick unless people record astronomical sounds, whistle of whales etc. :)

Now a days olx guys going so crazy with these cds! they getting cds from individual sellers like 100rps and selling for some 500+ up to 5000 !!!AR RAHMAN/ RAJA Tamil pyramid cds !!! SOME bullshit idiots buying and stacking also!! ......so pathetic! first we need to throw away these kind of buyers !! ppl should stop this activities! these olx sellers washed out all the shops and selling for profits! becoz of this nature normal music listeners not able to buy anything normally! all become business!

if raja rahman cds coming out means these idiots buying all as lot ! within two week all will get closed! they start their game with over price! in Chennai some olx users called jothi / john/ Bala from cbe selling raja rahman cds for each 2000+!! fk them

Are these sellers recording in studio with raja and rahman?? how the hell they can even ask do u know cd value !!!!

i know its value! tats y asking its for oly 100 to 200rps!!!! this ilayaraja/ rahman idiots( frustration) should aware that their cds are getting sold like this! stopped cd production/ releasing oly promo cds !!! others gaining margin over it! his music lovers roaming like anything for good cds all over the places! including me:confused::confused:

nothing can be done about this situation ...people are willing to buy at these prices and stocks are limited ...
as far as raja is concerned ...he keeps filing cases against all companies ....so nobody wants to release his cd's ...he started raja digital and ...he must have now realised how cd sales have gone down due to piracy ......

Recent raja digital cds around some 10 cds pack sold by amazon has a poor quality! these titles in his previous orientals cds are still sounding good! don know what to say!! recent cds are gain boosted

Now a days olx guys going so crazy with these cds! they getting cds from individual sellers like 100rps and selling for some 500+ up to 5000 !!!AR RAHMAN/ RAJA Tamil pyramid cds !!! SOME bullshit idiots buying and stacking also!! ......so pathetic! first we need to throw away these kind of buyers !! ppl should stop this activities! these olx sellers washed out all the shops and selling for profits! becoz of this nature normal music listeners not able to buy anything normally! all become business!

if raja rahman cds coming out means these idiots buying all as lot ! within two week all will get closed! they start their game with over price! in Chennai some olx users called jothi / john/ Bala from cbe selling raja rahman cds for each 2000+!! fk them

This can be stopped only if the buyer is not paying premium prices for those cds. The answers we get from those sellers are so irritating like "Do you know the value of these cds" " can u get them now in the market".

So cds r not gonna come ! those who have can sell like Jewell and diamond price
even music industry ppl cant do anything
normal users like us also cant do anything

then its meant to only for those who having enough money to get each cds for 2k plus:mad::mad::mad::mad: !!weird

So cds r not gonna come ! those who have can sell like Jewell and diamond price
even music industry ppl cant do anything
normal users like us also cant do anything

then its meant to only for those who having enough money to get each cds for 2k plus:mad::mad::mad::mad: !!weird

Same thing will happen when we there is a huge demand on water. People will stock them and sell like gold. Only the rich will be able to survive. Others have to die of thirsty.:(

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back