AR Rahman audio cds

Which one do you think had the best recording? For me I think Iruvar (pyramid) had consistently good recording with all tracks. :)

@ arjuraj - Where in chennai are these CD's available ?
Vaagai soodava, Yaakai and Velai illa patadhari new press audio cd's are available at Mylapore sharath musicals. Went there 3 days back and got myself a copy of it. He also has some rare Ilaiyaraja audio cd's and rahman audio cd's mostly used and few in new condition for a very reasonable price he has kept them in a separate box and shows only to the real collectors and people who are passionate about it, Just go and ask him if he has any old cd's for sale

There is another shop in chennai, Moore market rhythm house is the shop name i guess. He has some rare collection of tamil and Hindi vinly records and Record players for sales and service from different brands like National, Panasonic, Sony and HMV all of them are old models he's restoring it and selling it for a decent price. Price varies from model to model starts anywhere from 2k to up to 7k. Additionally he also has audio cd's of Ilaiyaraja and Ar rahman for sale little overpriced for some titles but definitely worth giving a try i got myself Alai osai - Friends and Parthen rasithen combo audio cd for 250 Rs. the cd box was damaged but the cd was in brand new condition without any scratches. Go check that out as well

If you guys know any other shops in chennai to get audio cd's please let me know, I have kadhalukku mariyadhai and thulladha manamum thullum - Star music audio cd i am looking for trade in for Neethane en ponvasantham

Big buddy thank you so much for sharing this. As far as I know I dont see any shops selling old cds. If it is new albums you can always check with STARMARK at Phoenix Mall.

went to poppat jamal ...get in touch with ravi there ...he gets ramiy cd's ..costs around 450 per cd ...titles which are not released in CD in India are released by Ramiy ...

Which one do you think had the best recording? For me I think Iruvar (pyramid) had consistently good recording with all tracks. :)

The Best of what i have heard are;
Minsara Kanavu and Pudhiya Mugam both by Pyramid. Entire album reeks of very High Fidelity.

Most of the Pyramid - ARR Combo during the late 90's are a blast !

Dear Members, Since this thread I find easy, I am requesting here: please let me know if anybody has Pyramid Tamil Audio Cds for sale at reasonable price. Also, I am looking for 78 rpm tamil records in new condition. I had almost all collections, but I lost 70 percent of my collection in the 2015 floods in Chennai.

Eagerly awaiting your early responses. Thank you in Advance.

Thank you Nature Lover, Thanks for the immediate response. Please let me know as to how to contact Record Player.
I am not able to reply his post neither I am able to pm him. Please help me.

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

I was looking for old tamil audio songs of Roja, Maymatham, Thiruda Thiruda, Kadhal desham and Rhythm from AR Rahman and I searched hifi version of Tidal. Could find few in either Hindi or other regional language. Old original recording from Magna sound was of excellent quality.
Volume level is not very high but dynamics was really good. This is true with recordings from Venus for old Hindi remake of A R Rahman movies.
New recordings from Sony for latest movies doesn't sound good at all.
It is very loud but not at all musical. Not sure why is this? Modern day recording not good compared to olden days??
Do I miss something?

Now coming to second part.
Is there a chance to get original audio cd of A R Rahman for movies like Roja, Maymatham, Thiruda Thiruda, Kadhal desham and Rhythm?
I am looking for original released by either Pyramid or Magna sound. Any chance to get it?

Thanks
Renjith

if u check olx ..u will find what u want ...but prices are very high for used pyramid cd's ....
other option is to check for Ramiy CD's ....which again will be available in the range of rs 700 to 1000

Check some available at:
keep checking ebay

some available with some cds dealers but they ll quote you expensive rates which sometimes wont match cd conditions....

Thanks for the links.
First link the cost mentioned is in dollars for few songs or for that movie cd?
Have you bought from this site?
Please let me know.

I have ordered from Greenhives and recd them safely ...one cd came from chennai and another from Singapore ...
the price mentioned is in Singapore Dollars in that site

I have ordered from Greenhives and recd them safely ...one cd came from chennai and another from Singapore ...
the price mentioned is in Singapore Dollars in that site

Thanks for the info.
CDs were from Pyramid and Magnasound?
I am sure if it is from either of them it will be good.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back