Are Songs from DVD close enough to Audio CD?

Hi Sunil,
This is my understanding, I don't know about Bluray audio. At any bitrate, my personal preference is for a good master though, since I don't have golden ears :)
ACD - 1411 kbps WAV
DVD - video -192kbps(for stereo) and 448kbps AC3(for 5.1) [DVD-Audio on the other hand can go all the way upto 24bit/192kHz]
Amazon music - 256kbps mp3
YT music - 256kbps aac
Add 1.5 Mbps for dts

Question to those in the industry. What sample rate are songs in a movie recorded at in the digital master. Will it be a 48x rate because it's end use is for a movie, or 44.1x rate because it's being recorded in a music studio. Trying to figure out if there DVD or the ACD is closer to the master

Question to those in the industry. What sample rate are songs in a movie recorded at in the digital master. Will it be a 48x rate because it's end use is for a movie, or 44.1x rate because it's being recorded in a music studio. Trying to figure out if there DVD or the ACD is closer to the master

There is no fixed spec for digital masters but some top music directors prefer their final mix master in 24-bit / 96 kHz. A DVD version of a song and its CD version use different masters, so they will not sound the same. A CD uses a master made specifically for a CD/ audio release, while a DVD uses the theatrical final mix master.

For example - Dil Se audio CD was made from a master made by mastering engineers specifically for the audio release at one studio. But the songs in the Dil Se DVD used the theatrical 5.1 master made by the film's re-recording mixer at another studio. The theatrical 5.1 master might have been tweaked by the guys who did the DVD authoring, so its like remastering the theatrical master for the DVD release. So the CD version and the DVD version are not going to sound the same.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back