Asus O!Play HD2

still none of media players play 3d movies.. wait for 6- 12 months for any to launch/ buy .aus hd2 for me this was the cheapest available brand/any one for less money... for player temporary..else buy samsung 3d bluray model. it plays all 3d formats. but may skip many 2d format and iso files. just remember all players made in india are region locked

still none of media players play 3d movies.. wait for 6- 12 months for any to launch/ buy .aus hd2 for me this was the cheapest available brand/any one for less money... for player temporary..else buy samsung 3d bluray model. it plays all 3d formats. but may skip many 2d format and iso files. just remember all players made in india are region locked

Thanks a lot for replying. I was in fact wondering if all media players can plan 3D

no internet radio, tv doesnot work in private isps.. i think it requires fixed ip, not dynamic.. but flicker, picassa, update works fine.. since mine is dynamic streaming doesnt work.. otherwise o.k.. i dont know how to use nas , torrent, because i use pc for downloading...
JUST WANT TO ADD FOR NEW COMERS.....
IN HDMI SETTING AS AUDIO OUTPUT RAW THE FOLLOWING I NOTED...
1. DTS- HDMA BITSTREAM DOESNOT WORK SAYS BITSTREAM ERROR, FILE STOPS PLAYING.
2. DOLBY HD DOESNOT BITSTREAM AS 7.1, INSTEAD BIT STREAM AS 5.1 DOLBY, FILE CONTINUOUS TO PLAY..

IN HDMI SET AS LPCM MULTI CHANNEL ALL FILE PLAYS...

IN OPTICAL OUTPUT SET AS RAW.. AND CONNECTED
1. DTS-HDMA OUTPUT AS DTS(5.1)
2. DOLBY HD OUTPUTS AS DOLBY (2.1/ 5.1 I COULD NOT VERIFY)

I CHECKED IT BY CONNECTING OPTICAL AND HDMI TO ONKYO 508...

Your PC is probably infected. Once infected, sometimes it is not easy to remove them even using anti-virus. Also they are transferred to whatever disks you connect to your pc. So the best thing is to format and reinstall the OS. Before that remove any all additional hdds, usb drives etc. Install and update your anti-virus (I suggest Avast Anti-virus) then scan all your hard disks.
You can download the Trnity Rescue Kit from Trinity Rescue Kit | CPR for your computer and burn a live CD. This is a Linux OS based software collection and 5 anti virus softwares are included. Boot from this CD and effectively remove all viruses. This is a completely free software and very effective. Certain viruses affecting Windows OS will not get removed by formatting the haed drive because they hide in the Master Boot Record area. You can get rid of them by the command fdisk/mbr typed in a command window.

Hi ,

I plan to buy the Asus Oplay HD2 , I want to know if :
1.The new firmware supports for youtube.com
2.The list of Wifi dongle supported , I have the BelkinN300 adapter will it work ...

I also can wait for the Asus Oplay TV Pro what are the odds it will be launched under 10k and when ...

my opinion
1. good player for 7500,
2. indian make and service available in india.
3.plays all formats i have.. iso, blurays, 720p, all 1080p, flv files..
4. not bothered about updates, because i have not faced any problem.
5.on playing avatar bluray 1080p file, my player did awesome bitstream of dts, my pc had recognised the audio stream as dts-hd, asus recognised as 6 ch english,my home theater lg recognised and decoded it as dts, i dont know whether it is dts/dts hd, but all know is the effect was superb.
5. to my experience it can bitstream dts-hd and dolby up to 5.1 via optical. have no idea about hdmi.
6. when i watch tamil/ hindi i just use tv speakers only,for english dts/ dolby i use ht.. unlike my pc i can use both hdmi and optical output simultaneously with out changing settings.
7. online services are horrible, non work, i read that in india most of the private internet operators servers have firewall , may face problem,,i got airtel, may be bsnl should work.
8. no wifi---- i dont have wifi at home, but since the player has total 3 usb jack, one can be used for wifi adaptor
9. usb 3.0 no use as neither do i have one nor is of any use for increase in clarity, just for file transfers it is good..
10.unlike some review said
------------10a. u can delete files,
------------10b. can bitstream dts-hd
11. i love the user friendly remote and design.
12. though reviews loved no manual front button i wish they had atleast on and off switch
13. wish they added you tube, but i dont think they will add it in future.
14. video clarity was good, but what i loved was audio output amazing..
15. except for poor online services( internet radio never works), its o.k player for my budget..
16. i use pc for downloading as i can also browse, but have transfered 80% of movies to internal disk of asus, as it is more quickly accessable,
17. my personal opinion GO FOR IT....
I JUST WANT TO ADD----- DO U ALL KNOW ABOUT SHORTCUT VIRUS? ONE STUPID VIRUS TURNS YOUR ENTIRE PENDRIVE FILES INTO SHORTCUT, WHICH MAY/ MAYNOT BE ACCESSABLE.. I HAVE A TOTAL OF 3 TB, DISK WHICH IS FILLED WITH DATA, MOVIES,, I DECIDED NEVER TO USE IT ON PC BUT ONLY ON ASUS...HAVE ORDERED FOR ONE MORE EXTERNAL DRIVE FOR FRESH DOWNLOADS AND PC USE..TO MY KNOWLEDGE NO ANTIVIRUS HAS BEEN EFFICIENT IN PREVENTING THIS VIRUS INFECTION..THE VIRUS STAYS IN HARD DISK EVEN AFTER FORMATTING... OOPS THE WORST I SEEN AFTER NEW FOLDER VIRUS...

Thank you for this post. For few weeks I had considered buying an HD media player. Finally decided in fovour of a HTPC. Got assembled an ASUS M5A 78LMLX Mobo and AMD Phenom 4 Core processor and Gforce GT520 and 1.0 TB HDD and ASUS Xonar sound card. I am happy with the results. Not fully commissioned yet. Once fully commissioned I will be able to get 3000 TV stations available on the internet. I use a Linux - Ubuntu based OS called MythTV (Mythbuntu) mostly. MythTV is specifically designed to receive TV channels on PCs. While searching for HD media players I have come across several of them on ebay.in. Meassy, Egreat, Kaiboer etc. are some of the models available there. Kaiboer even offers with built in blue-ray Disk player.
Regarding the virus problem I will suggest to get the Trinity Rescue Kit from the trinityhome web site. Burn it onto a CD use it as a Live CD to boot and clean all the media, HDD or thumbdrive or any other device. I assure you it will clean the HDD completely.
Regards
vg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back