Asus O!Play Mini

An update to this issue - I brought a USB hub through which I can add multiple hard discs and connect to oplay mini. Now it is detecting all harddiscs at first shot.

I am facing strange issue with my Asus mini , The volume can be increased to one bar only i.e. the volume is either zero or at 1 Bar . My remote is working fine.
What can be issue , has anybody faced similar issue , Planning to visit ASUS service centre to get it fixed.

I am facing strange issue with my Asus mini , The volume can be increased to one bar only i.e. the volume is either zero or at 1 Bar . My remote is working fine.
What can be issue , has anybody faced similar issue , Planning to visit ASUS service centre to get it fixed.

Does in your case, when you increase volume, bar shows increasing but sound output remains same??? that I face when I listen 6 Channel out. In stereo, it works fine.

Does in your case, when you increase volume, bar shows increasing but sound output remains same??? that I face when I listen 6 Channel out. In stereo, it works fine.

I think the volume control works only for PCM (stereo) audio and no control if it is multi-channel. As for multi-channel audio (5.1) the output is thru the Toslink port and hence the control is when the processing of this happens which is the AV receiver.

Firmware of this player has a mind of it's own. BTW I played a 45GB Avatar ISO from an external and the player played it instantly! Also played "Yes Man" with Trud HD audio and the TrudeHD display was lit on the Onkyo AVR.

Last edited:
How is the sound quality of the RCA analog output of Asus O!Play Mini?

Has anyone used the RCA stereo output with amp/avr? does it sound as good as a dvd/blue ray player or is it muffled/low volume like set top box or LED tv RCA output?

I am looking for a cheap media player with good analog output to use my stereo amp for movies.

Would appreciate if you guys could tell how is Asus O!Play Mini for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

recently purchased Asus on mini.when playing some video files through 1tb seagate hdd,the video is freezing & lagging with no audio.but when i copied the same video on a usb & play,it plays smoothly.have updated to the latest 1.16 version too,but the prob doest go.
also read in some forums that converting the hdd to fat32 file format will solve such issue.is it true?

Did you manage to solve this problem? It happens to me to :sad:

I have asus o play mini HD.Play/pause button is not working in my remote..otherwise the player is working very good..Where can I get duplicate remote for this player at nominal cost?Any idea?

Back