Asus O!Play Mini

techieblr

Hi, I purchased a Asus O!Play mini HD player yesterday. It plays most of the formats. However, I am facing an issue while connecting a USB Hard disk (500 GB, 1 TB) to it. When I navigate to a folder with a lot of files from 'File Manager', the screen just goes blank and after about 5 mins or so, returns to the home screen. I understand that this may be due to the large number of files, but after scanning, the files should be displayed instead of the home screen. Are any of you guys facing this problem? Thank You.

I face the same problem with my WD TV - though it does not happen every time. The only solution I could find is to disconnect the external HDD from my WD TV, powering on the WD TV first and then connecting the HDD.

The problem could be also due to a bad disk which is dying and hence gets stuck frequently. I need to rotate the HDD physically when that happens.

The problem could be also due to a bad disk which is dying and hence gets stuck frequently. I need to rotate the HDD physically when that happens.

this might be the problem with HDD, try connecting other similar HDD..

I have R1, I connect 2 Tb with full audio video files never faced any problems..except the shuffle (i guess its limited to 4k files)...

Pavan

Try a pen drive if no issues then it's the connection between HDD and media player

Have an O!Play Mini, and i have hooked it up with my 1TB HDD and it reads the data with ease.. Even in folders having lots of files, haven't come across this problem

Hi,

I just bought an O play mini. When i play 10g movies, it drags... when i play the same movie after a day it plays good... but when i play it after two days same movie, it drags again... please help, is there any routine setup why these things happen?

Hi,

I just bought an O play mini. When i play 10g movies, it drags... when i play the same movie after a day it plays good... but when i play it after two days same movie, it drags again... please help, is there any routine setup why these things happen?

I have also faced this problem. Apparently this is not a fault but sometime larger HDDs takes a lot time to list all the AV files. When you plug in the HDD, Asus starts to scan the files. When you connect a new USB storage device, hard disk drive, or memory card, your HD media player automatically scans and indexes the files stored on these devices based on the files date stamps. When you play any High bitrate file when the scanning is going on, the playback may drag.
To stop scanning press stop button. To disable the auto-scan function, go to Setup > System > Scan Storage > Auto Scan Off

I need to know if it can play external hard disk with multiple partitions. I want to have 2 partitions on my HD- one FAT 32 so that I can run it on bravia/ps3 and other NTFS so that I can put bigger files thn 4gb. I need to buy player Asus mini or wd live whichever can read multiple partitions.

this might happen due to distruption in power while is HDD Is on. try connecting the HDD to pc and it might show that HDD needs to be scanned to fix error. run it.. it might not show any errors but fixes the issue. also connect the HDD once the player is on.. do not leave it connected while you turn on the media player. it takes it own time to boot up and if the HDD is connected the processor is over loaded..

also try to keep the folders limited and files organized that will sort out most of the issues.
after 5-10 minutes as you stated that it comes to the home-screen is nothing but the media player rebooting itself as it gets forzen..

OP u may consider upgrading firmware and setting "auto scan off" in system settings. If you do this the player will not scan your entire hdd everytime you connect it or switch it on. Firmware 1.1.6 is out and i just felt it is slightly faster than 1.1.5 (came with the player).

Just download firmware from asus site, copy only the "img" file to a empty formatted pen drive, connect drive to player, switch on player and from system settings upgrade firmware, took 2 mins on mine.

Last edited:
Thanks, i asked because playlist can definitely be edited in the player but i found no option to add one. So will create .pls file.
You have to create .pls file in the computer and open it in this player. I don't think you can create the playlist on the player itself.

My Asus O!Play mini used to work fine until one day it suddenly stopped reading my external HDD. Sometimes it can but most of the time it simply doesn't do so.
Any help would be much appreciated. I've just bought it very recently.
Thanks in advance

Flash the firmware.
My Asus O!Play mini used to work fine until one day it suddenly stopped reading my external HDD. Sometimes it can but most of the time it simply doesn't do so.
Any help would be much appreciated. I've just bought it very recently.
Thanks in advance

I am facing a strange problem with my oplay mini. I have a segate 500GB expansion HDD which has lot of HD movies and when I plug it into oplay, it says new hardware found. After sometime it says, new hardware ready but will not show anything when I browse. If I unplug it in hot state and then plug it again, it will recognize the HDD and I can start using it.
I have another seagate 500GB freeagent HDD, and it gets recognized the very first instance.
Any idea how to resolve this? I am running the firmware version 1.1.6, which is the latest one listed in asus site

I am facing a strange problem with my oplay mini. I have a segate 500GB expansion HDD which has lot of HD movies and when I plug it into oplay, it says new hardware found. After sometime it says, new hardware ready but will not show anything when I browse. If I unplug it in hot state and then plug it again, it will recognize the HDD and I can start using it.
I have another seagate 500GB freeagent HDD, and it gets recognized the very first instance.
Any idea how to resolve this? I am running the firmware version 1.1.6, which is the latest one listed in asus site

Its not a problem. Just go to options and select media in that. Then you will be able to see all the contents in the hard disc. Let me know if you still have the issue. I can try help in solving that.

I will check it out today. The problem is that it is recognizing seagate freeagent instantly, whereas the seagate explansion needs to be plugged in, then without turning it off I need to unplug it and plug in again. Looks strange to me, but yes, I will check the options tonight.

I will check it out today. The problem is that it is recognizing seagate freeagent instantly, whereas the seagate explansion needs to be plugged in, then without turning it off I need to unplug it and plug in again. Looks strange to me, but yes, I will check the options tonight.
Does that hdd detects itself in any other pc?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back