ASUS XONAR DX Soundcard - Now which speakers?

AMITNOIDA

Hi

I am new to this forum and live in Noida. I so far didn't have much opportunity to listen good audiophile sound system except my Sennheiser HD 515 headphone connected to World space receiver.

I am going to receive my ASUS Xonar DX soundcard this week for putting in my new assembled PC.

I prima facie selected Audioengine A5 as speakers ( yet to purchase ). I plan to use my PC+speaker as music system in my bed room. The room size is approx. 14 ft x 11.5 ft. As I don't have much free space for placing the speaker away from the wall, I have selected nearfield A5 speaker. I have to purchase stand for the speakers. Please suggest its availability.

I love mainly Indian modern music (vocal, instrument) and occassionally soft western songs. Hope A5 will be able to deliver good mid range. The above system will be used in future as sound system for bedroom plasma (planned to buy a 42" plasma later) also.

Initially I will use the inbuild amps of A5 but in future may go for separate amps and surround speakers. Need your opinion on the above plan and your valuable advise on suitable amps and surround speakers for future expansion.

Thanks
Amit

The A5 is primarily a near field speaker, I suppose. It is also an active speaker. I am not sure if you can use amplifiers to power it later on. Do check that out. I had once written to bajaao.com for confirmation of this but did not get anything back.

It is a good choice for a computer based system. On the expandability front, please get a confirmation from Audioengine USA as to whether it is possible to power the amps with external amplifiers.

Hi

I am new to this forum and live in Noida. I so far didn't have much opportunity to listen good audiophile sound system except my Sennheiser HD 515 headphone connected to World space receiver.

I am going to receive my ASUS Xonar DX soundcard this week for putting in my new assembled PC.

I prima facie selected Audioengine A5 as speakers ( yet to purchase ). I plan to use my PC+speaker as music system in my bed room. The room size is approx. 14 ft x 11.5 ft. As I don't have much free space for placing the speaker away from the wall, I have selected nearfield A5 speaker. I have to purchase stand for the speakers. Please suggest its availability.

I love mainly Indian modern music (vocal, instrument) and occassionally soft western songs. Hope A5 will be able to deliver good mid range. The above system will be used in future as sound system for bedroom plasma (planned to buy a 42" plasma later) also.

Initially I will use the inbuild amps of A5 but in future may go for separate amps and surround speakers. Need your opinion on the above plan and your valuable advise on suitable amps and surround speakers for future expansion.

Thanks
Amit

I really doubt you can use external amplification with A5.
What you can do is use the pre-amp level outs from receivers etc and use A5's internal amplifier as the power amplifier.

Back