ATI Users - New media player software from AMD

gobble

Folks

Please try this new media player released free by AMD

AMD Fusion Media Explorer | AMD at Home

AMD Fusion Media Explorer combines a users local media items, with related online content, from providers such as, Flickr, YouTube, and Microsoft Live. In addition, FME has Facebook integration, which gives our users even more options for posting or interacting with their favorite photos or friends photos. All of this is also managed by an integrated search engine, that makes it very quick and easy to locate what are you looking for, very quickly

A press review of the application is here:
AMD unveils Fusion Media Explorer - The Inquirer

Per the release notes, it runs on

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit editions)

The following Operating Systems have not been tested but are believed to work with AMD Fusion Media Explorer:
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise

The following Operating Systems are not supported with AMD Fusion Media Explorer:
- Microsoft Windows XP (any version)
- Microsoft Windows Home Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (any version)

- Microsoft Windows 7 Beta
- Linux

Installing mine now - as soon as I get home :D

Cheers

Unfortunately it is *NOT* supported on linux. I dont have a windows installation. The review links posted should help you out.

cheers

I "downgraded" to XP Professional especially to play around with cPlay. Will be moving back to Vista Ultimate soon. Will try it out and keep you posted.

I "downgraded" to XP Professional especially to play around with cPlay. Will be moving back to Vista Ultimate soon. Will try it out and keep you posted.

Why switch back to Vista? MS will support XP for another 5 years at least. Hopefully, Windows 7 would by then have settled down to be a reliable OS, and throw Vista out. I personally feel XP is a much better OS than Vista.

Cheers

Why switch back to Vista? MS will support XP for another 5 years at least. Hopefully, Windows 7 would by then have settled down to be a reliable OS, and throw Vista out. I personally feel XP is a much better OS than Vista.

Cheers

Venkatji,

I've personally had no issues with Vista. It has worked great for me and with 4 GB RAM, graphics card, and core duo processor I've not had any issues with it being a resource hog either. Also, with WASAPI music is similar to kernel streaming in XP say with Foobar2000 and that has worked great too, in fact sounds better. I only need to check if cPlay works as well with Vista.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back