Atmos In Ceiling Speaker options

sunster

Hi. I shall be installing Atmos speakers in my false ceiling. Wondering if I could use any speaker or there are some specific ones recommended. Im planning to install 4of them in the ceiling. Here is a pic of the ceiling it will be installed in. 20180708_130420 copy.jpg

Hi. I shall be installing Atmos speakers in my false ceiling. Wondering if I could use any speaker or there are some specific ones recommended. Im planning to install 4of them in the ceiling.

Preferably in-ceiling speakers from a brand that as your fronts, would be good.. If not possible, then any in-ceiling speaker should be fine..

There are some brand which have in-ceiling speakers specifically for Atmos, with angled tweeter.. This would be helpful to position them towards your listening position..

For Ex :

atmos-ceiling-onkyo-credit-100624975-orig.jpg

ceiling-speaker-angled-lcr-osd-audio-ice660-49.jpg

Look at Polk, Paradigm and Monitor Audio. Nice in ceiling speakers. I am using Paradigm and they are excellent.

After a lot of contemplation I have decided not to go with the in ceiling option but atmos enabled speakers upward firing placed on the front floorstanders. Any suggestions

Please audition before you take a call. I have heard the demo and there is a night and day difference between upward and inceiling speakers. If inceiling is an issue, try fixing a bookshelf in your ceiling

Today auditioned the upward firing and inceiling speakers. It's a no brainer. The upward firing speakers had almost no effect at all whereas the inceiling was 360deg. Gng in for inceiling 2 speaker setup with my existing Denon x2200w

wow was it new or used. 17 is amazing. In Mumbai I was quoted about 25k a pair

New. Sealed pack. I think model no. must be different. Dealers generally provide the rate of stock available with them. Most of the importers are in Mumbai only so it should be cheaper there.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back