Atmos In Ceiling Speaker options

sunster

Hi. I shall be installing Atmos speakers in my false ceiling. Wondering if I could use any speaker or there are some specific ones recommended. Im planning to install 4of them in the ceiling. Here is a pic of the ceiling it will be installed in. 20180708_130420 copy.jpg

Hi. I shall be installing Atmos speakers in my false ceiling. Wondering if I could use any speaker or there are some specific ones recommended. Im planning to install 4of them in the ceiling.

Preferably in-ceiling speakers from a brand that as your fronts, would be good.. If not possible, then any in-ceiling speaker should be fine..

There are some brand which have in-ceiling speakers specifically for Atmos, with angled tweeter.. This would be helpful to position them towards your listening position..

For Ex :

atmos-ceiling-onkyo-credit-100624975-orig.jpg

ceiling-speaker-angled-lcr-osd-audio-ice660-49.jpg

Look at Polk, Paradigm and Monitor Audio. Nice in ceiling speakers. I am using Paradigm and they are excellent.

After a lot of contemplation I have decided not to go with the in ceiling option but atmos enabled speakers upward firing placed on the front floorstanders. Any suggestions

Please audition before you take a call. I have heard the demo and there is a night and day difference between upward and inceiling speakers. If inceiling is an issue, try fixing a bookshelf in your ceiling

Today auditioned the upward firing and inceiling speakers. It's a no brainer. The upward firing speakers had almost no effect at all whereas the inceiling was 360deg. Gng in for inceiling 2 speaker setup with my existing Denon x2200w

wow was it new or used. 17 is amazing. In Mumbai I was quoted about 25k a pair

New. Sealed pack. I think model no. must be different. Dealers generally provide the rate of stock available with them. Most of the importers are in Mumbai only so it should be cheaper there.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back