Audio cables and Bi-wiring the Dali Ikon 6

gnkapadia

Hello everyone. Finally got my Dali Ikon 6 after an unwarranted delay and ruthless overpricing by Borderlinx.com.
1) I'd like to know which wires/cables should I be using to connect them to my Onkyo TX-NR 708?
2) I understand that I can bi-wire them also? Being an absolute noob, have no idea abt bi-wiring. What are the pros and cons of bi-wiring? Do you'll suggest bi-wiring?
3) I intend to add a center speaker, surrounds and a sub over the next 1-2 yrs.(May start right away) Considering that I'm gonna use the system 60-40% in favour of music, what do you recommend should be the sequence of upgrades, ie what shd I add first then second..etc
Thanks.

You can get chord silverscreen cables @330 meter v good budget audiophile cable and cheaper than UK pricing. ProFX is the new dealer with best pricing...

Hi:

Chord cables goes well with the Ikon 6. You're well chuffed either with the Silverscreen or the Rumour, both excellent cables, or if you can spend a little more get the Odyssey 2.

Ok, as far as single/biwiring drama, I'd spend less and get single wiring cables than spending double the amount for a little or no SQ difference. IMO.

:)

Thanks guys..
@ Vinod: Any idea who sells Chord in Mumbai and whats the approx price for the the ones u mentioned?(Silverscreen, Rumour and Odyssey?

Hello everyone. Finally got my Dali Ikon 6 after an unwarranted delay and ruthless overpricing by Borderlinx.com.
1) I'd like to know which wires/cables should I be using to connect them to my Onkyo TX-NR 708?
2) I understand that I can bi-wire them also? Being an absolute noob, have no idea abt bi-wiring. What are the pros and cons of bi-wiring? Do you'll suggest bi-wiring?
3) I intend to add a center speaker, surrounds and a sub over the next 1-2 yrs.(May start right away) Considering that I'm gonna use the system 60-40% in favour of music, what do you recommend should be the sequence of upgrades, ie what shd I add first then second..etc
Thanks.

Just wanted to know where you picked up your Dali from and how much did you spent on purchase, courier, duty etc. If you don't mind please share.

though bi-wiring may not be necessary take out the brass interconnects at the rear which connects the highs and lows and use speaker cable to connect them. makes a LOT of difference.

ProFx has no stock of Chord...connected the speakers and receiver using some ordinary cables(will upgrade once available).
Wow the Dali Ikon 6 driven by the Onkyo 708 sounds fab!

Back