Audio Card - Analogue output

EMU 1212 is with Analogue output only, just that its not with RCA out. They have provided with 1/4" (TS)out. you can get a cable like this
p26853.jpg
1414-RCA-6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Prasant,

M-Audio card available in Richie street chennai.Dealer Name is mahavir computers.They have M-Audio cards.

Regards,

M.Mohamed Naseer.

Hi REM,

Thanks for the info. I did contact the dealer in delhi for the M-Audio and the same group is here in bangalore also. he has quoted a price for the card.

There is comp shop in brigade road in bangalore who can also supply this card. Glasgow computers......

will check other link which u gave...

Thanks very much..

The M-Audio cards are complete crap compared to EMU. I've gone thru two M-Audio cards - an Audiophile USB and Audiophile 192. The EMU 0404 beats both of them to pulp when comparing both recording and playback quality. If you can buy an EMU, get it at all costs.

There are better options like Motu but they cost a bomb.

The M-Audio cards are complete crap compared to EMU. I've gone thru two M-Audio cards - an Audiophile USB and Audiophile 192. The EMU 0404 beats both of them to pulp when comparing both recording and playback quality. If you can buy an EMU, get it at all costs.

Hi its strange that M-AUDIO products are appreciated world wide over Creative but you are mentioning crap !! I was just curious as i hv not auditioned any of these two sound card !
RB9

EMU and M-audio cards in question are professional grade and we know Creative does not make any professional grade sound cards
So Creative might be having good gaming features but for recording and playback EMU and M-audio are far ahead
OUt of those two which is the best I am not sure as have no experience with any of them

EMU and M-audio cards in question are professional grade and we know Creative does not make any professional grade sound cards
So Creative might be having good gaming features but for recording and playback EMU and M-audio are far ahead
OUt of those two which is the best I am not sure as have no experience with any of them

Hi i just checked on net, E-MU 0404 is made by Creative ! Pls correct me.......

ReignOfChaos, Motu does not seem to make any cards, though their mixers and audio interfaces look gorgeous.

I am keenly looking at a card from a German company called Marian, in particular, their card called the Trace Alpha. Frankly I am looking at this card as it is being used by Andre Wiethoff, the creator of Exact Audio Copy. I believe Marian has a dealer in Delhi who will import the cards against specific orders. According to Andre, a Lite-On CD Writer and a Trace Alpha sound card are the best combination to remover jitter and create and play pristine FLAC or WAV files. All other CD players/writer have offset that create hassles in recording or playback. Of course, AccurateRip provides solutions to a large number of players (1300?) to remove these offsets.

Please look up Marian: Trace ALPHA for more details.

Cheers

ReignOfChaos, Motu does not seem to make any cards, though their mixers and audio interfaces look gorgeous.
MOTU.com - MOTU HD192 Overview

The difference essentially is that the Motus require external power for those boxes and doesn't use SMPS power for any audio work. My personal experience so far with computer based transports is that analog audio is best handled by something sitting outside the computer with its own dedicated linear power supply. The switching PSU of a computer introduces harshness otherwise to the output.

Really, had no idea about this :)

But still hardware sold under the brandname of E-mu is better then Creative brand of products
Simply putting Creative is for home use, more for gamers And E-mu makes professional sound cards

The creatives cards and EMU cards have no relationship between them as far as hardware is concerned other than the fact that EMU cards use the creative developed EMU10k1 DSP for real time sound effects.

Hi -

Atlast, I got myself the M-Audio card on Saturday and hooked it up to my comp. Installation was a breeze, except for the fact that the Driver CD included in the package does not have the 64bit version of WinXP drivers, which is my primary operating system. Hence had to download a beta from their website.

The output from the card sounds more better than my on-board sound-card.
Havent tested all the features yet of this card and also a bundle of softwares provided along with it. Works quite well with the stereo output for movies when played from comp, sound is much more clean and enhanced that it was previously.

Even performance wise, there are no problems like the clicks/pop sounds when the system is working in heavy load as well. Working with all the audio applications installed without a glitch.

:)

Last edited:
Congrats Prashant on your new purchase. Which M-audio card did you purchase and what was the price?

Congrats Prashanth ! Keep us posted with some of the following:

1. How does it help in ripping into MP3 and loss less CODEC. How do these output sound as compared to the original CD.

2. How well does it play both lossy CODECs and loss less CODECs?

What you should do is work with couple of CDs you are very familiar, and see if all the nuances of the music is faithfully transferred.

Have fun!

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back