Audio Cassette Housing - Inner & Outer Cases

rockarolla70

Hi ... can anyone let me know if there are any dealers who are manufacturing, stocking & selling audio cassette housing's in South India - the inner & outer cases.

We are a few who still own quite a number of audio tapes from the yesteryears & still believe in keeping tapes alive. We have loads of audio tapes for which the outer housing cases are required urgently as the older ones are getting worn out.

Kindly help !!

Attachments

• Clipboard.jpg
    Clipboard.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 92
Thanx a lot for the info ... never knew sleeve city had these ... I can fetch it from US (few of them maybe 50+) coz its more of space constraint for someone to get it.

Will still looking out for ppl who can give me some local connections.

The issue is transporting from the US. Jewel cases crack or break easily. On another note, that is the reason why sellers on ebay.com ship cassettes internationally without jewel cases.

reubensm >> I recently did a good haul from US for almost 180 tapes of some of the old 80's rock collection... but this was sold to me by a buyer in unique Case Logic Cassette holder sling bag which had a outer hard shell to protect the cassettes.

Viper08 >> thanx for the info ... in the same industrial estate I visited a manufacturer with whom I could get blank tape housing but the outer cassette casing were not there anymore with them. They have still have assured me that they might find some vendor who would still have some stock.

I will check with these folks too. Thanks again !!

reubensm >> I recently did a good haul from US for almost 180 tapes of some of the old 80's rock collection... but this was sold to me by a buyer in unique Case Logic Cassette holder sling bag which had a outer hard shell to protect the cassettes.

Did you hand carry them or where they shipped. Interested as I plan to haul some cassettes back from the US, myself. Currently all my US trips are vinyl focused.

reubensm >> Hauled almost 50+ vinyls & 280 tapes from US & though it weighed 27kilos it was brought in by a dear friend of mine to whom I had as the vendors to ship all of this to him. He came on short 1 week vacation alone so he got only 5 odd kilos of clothes for himself rest he got my vinyls & tapes. Without known ppl its difficult to request other to get these stuff which usually weigh a lot.

Finally got 450+ cassette clear case from S.P. Road. Though these are not unbranded ones, these are blank covers of unsold tapes pertaining to T.series, Speed Record, TIPS, HMV, Times Music, Music Today etc. 90% of the tapes covers are the new generation ones which do not have the hub locks & secondly many still have the company hologram stickers on them.

Sandesh >> will deliver your 150 pieces ASAP.

Its really heartening to see such a niche area being discussed on this forum.

I am facing a similar problem.

I have around 100 cassettes, in which the pressure pad's been eaten away by some insect ( I am guessing.)... So when you I see them, the pressure pads is there, but on touching it it just crumples into dust and falls away...I had kept them in sets of 100 cassettes each..This problem is with only one particular set.

Have been looking far and wide for the pressure pads...but its difficult to get by.

I think I too have to look at replacing the entire housing...if I get it.

best wishes,
Jawed Ahmed

I have around 100 cassettes, in which the pressure pad's been eaten away by some insect ( I am guessing.)... So when you I see them, the pressure pads is there, but on touching it it just crumples into dust and falls away...I had kept them in sets of 100 cassettes each..This problem is with only one particular set.

Have been looking far and wide for the pressure pads...but its difficult to get by.

best wishes,
Jawed Ahmed

Hi Jawed Ahmed, the housing should not be a problem at all. I can get you connected to a manufacturer who still has blank tape housings. Let me know how many you want and I can arrange it for you and I will let you know the pricing (I can assure you that they are not costly at all).

If you need the outer clear case for your tapes that too can be worked out, have a vendor in SP road who has some of these from the local recording companies.

Do let me know.

best wishes,
Jawed Ahmed

Pressure pads should not be diffficult to find. Visit the hub in your city where electronics spare parts can be bought. Look out for the older shops which are manned by older generation people. They will know what you are talking about and have what you require.

Remember, cassette tapes were in vogue until recently, so even the modern generation has been introduced to these (unlike the case with vinyl). If you cant find these locally in your area, do let me know, I'll drive down to our electronics hub, here in Trivandrum and source these for you.

Pressure pads should not be diffficult to find. Visit the hub in your city where electronics spare parts can be bought. Look out for the older shops which are manned by older generation people. They will know what you are talking about and have what you require.

Remember, cassette tapes were in vogue until recently, so even the modern generation has been introduced to these (unlike the case with vinyl). If you cant find these locally in your area, do let me know, I'll drive down to our electronics hub, here in Trivandrum and source these for you.

Thank you. I am asking the local shops at lamington road...the general consensus among them is that I should purchase old cassettes at cheap prices and then use the pressure pads from the cassettes...
I did not want to cannibalize perfectly working cassettes for the pressure pads..so I was looking for new ones..

I will let you know if everything else fails.

thanks

Jawed

Thank you. I am asking the local shops at lamington road...the general consensus among them is that I should purchase old cassettes at cheap prices and then use the pressure pads from the cassettes...
I did not want to cannibalize perfectly working cassettes for the pressure pads..so I was looking for new ones..

I will let you know if everything else fails.

thanks

Jawed

You did not get me sir, these blank shells I am talking about does not have a tape in it ... it has only the shell with all the parts except the tape. These are used only for the purpose of cannibalizing.

You did not get me sir, these blank shells I am talking about does not have a tape in it ... it has only the shell with all the parts except the tape. These are used only for the purpose of cannibalizing.

oops...I mis-understood.

Will PM you.

best wishes,
Jawed

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back