Audio O/P issue with my setup

jusgetgoing

Hello All,

I have the following setup and I am facing an issue :-

HiMedia 600B > Nuforce ICON-UDAC2 > Topping TP20-MK2 MKII TA2020 > 2 Cambridge Audio Minx Min 20 speakers

The HiMedia 600B is also connected to the TV through HDMI cable.

The issue is after connecting the coaxial cable to the NuDAC and playing any audio, there is no output. I also checked connecting the HiMedia and NuDAC through USB cable. Same story. When I checked the NuDAC by connecting a pair of earphones, the result is the same. No sound output.

HiMedia 600B output is set to LPCM for DTS and Dolby.

But when I connect my laptop to the NuDAC and play, there is an audio output.

When the HiMedia is connected through TV, I am able to play audio and video with TV speakers being the O/P.

What would be the solution for the above issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Brijesh.

Not sure about your equipment. But I have the following issues and yours could be same.

a) My WD TV outputs audio either through HDMI or Optical ie only one output can be selected in the settings . ( My eralier Xtreamer did not have this problem and Audio was sent out simulteneously through HDMI as well as Optical). Check your Himedia for this.

b) My DAC sends out noise when ever I try to play an unsupported file from WD TV. Check if your DAC supports the file type you are trying to play. You did mention that you are gettig audio from Computer. Are you sure that the computer is not decoding the file also?

Hi Jagdish,

Thank you.

a) There is no specific setting in HiMedia to select the output. I disconnected the HDMI cable and it did not help.

b) Its a normal mp3 file and I am sure it supports. How do I find out if the PC is decoding it? I played it from a Windows Media Player and connected the USB cable to the DAC.

Regards,
Brijesh.

Hi Jagdish,

I got this sorted out.

Obviously the NuDAC was not accepting the USB input from HiMedia. I took NuDAC out of the picture and the audio out at the rear of HiMedia was plugged into the Topping T20 input using the 2RCA Plug cable. i.e. the setup is now HiMedia > Topping T20 > CA. I need to check if there is a HDMI to USB b type cable that may help me to plug in NuDAC here.

So for playing from my laptop, the cable is disconnected from the HiMedia and plugged into NuDAC and the set up of NuDAC > Topping T20 > CA works as usual

Regards,
Brijesh.

Hi Jagdish,

I got this sorted out.

Obviously the NuDAC was not accepting the USB input from HiMedia. I took NuDAC out of the picture and the audio out at the rear of HiMedia was plugged into the Topping T20 input using the 2RCA Plug cable. i.e. the setup is now HiMedia > Topping T20 > CA. I need to check if there is a HDMI to USB b type cable that may help me to plug in NuDAC here.

So for playing from my laptop, the cable is disconnected from the HiMedia and plugged into NuDAC and the set up of NuDAC > Topping T20 > CA works as usual

Regards,
Brijesh.

Himedia does not have a USB out. The USB port on HImedia is to be used for connecting a HDD. If you want audio to be routed through NUDAC connect through Optical cable. This way you can send video through HDMI directly and Audio ( I guess only stereo) through DAC. For HT Movies / 5.1 surround select audio source to HDMI.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back