Audio System for bedroom

audiostri

Hi,

I'm looking for an audio system for my bedroom 12' x 15'.

I am willing to spend about 30-40K on this system.

I listen to rock, jazz and quite a bit of trancendental/ world music. I'm very keen that the system have high sound fidelity.

I do not plan to put in a TV and am also not keen on surround sound. A couple of sleek speakers and sub (if required) with a receiver would be best.

I'm open to branded hi-fi systems and speaker-amplifier combos.

Also the system would have to look sleek as the room is otherwise well done up.

Have been dallying about with this decision for a while now. Would be lovely if I see light in this forum! :eek:hyeah:

Thanking you in advance

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm looking for an audio system for my bedroom 12' x 15'.

I am willing to spend about 30-40K on this system.

I listen to rock, jazz and quite a bit of trancendental/ world music. I'm very keen that the system have high sound fidelity.

I do not plan to put in a TV and am also not keen on surround sound. A couple of sleek speakers and sub (if required) with a receiver would be best.

I'm open to branded hi-fi systems and speaker-amplifier combos.

Also the system would have to look sleek as the room is otherwise well done up.

Do any of these come with additional speakers that can be placed in the bathroom?

Have been dallying about with this decision for a while now. Would be lovely if I see light in this forum! :eek:hyeah:

Thanking you in advance

Generally hifi sys comes with single spk opt.You can add separate amp to get surr with ana out.

you can get Denon system-

Denon D-M37DAB Micro and style system review - from the experts at whathifi.com

It comes with & without spk.MRP-32k

Chck past issues of HI Fi vision - you wll get lot of ideass

Is there a size constraint on speakers or Deck?
Are you going to use Ipod as source?
You want radio tuner?
What is your location

Otherwise what I can suggest is a Good amp like Cambridge audio and DVD palyer + Good speakers

Experts please suggest

Hi Audiostri:

Glad you're in the stereo way for your bedroom. Ok, for your budget, you can go for CA 340 amp and cdp and an excellent MS 902i or Diamond 9.2.

I would suggest Audioengine 5 (powered speakers) - 19k + Cambridge Audio DVD99 (14k) = 33k

THis gives you a brilliant amp-speaker combo (the A5) and a solid CD player, that also has a USB input, and you can play MP3s etc., (with a simple hack).

Last edited:
speakers you can look at bookshelves from monitor audio bronze br2, kef iq series and wharfedale diamond series

for amps - an integrated from nad / cambridge / marantz. from a cost point of view i think the cambridge is coming in at good value now since it is link to GBP

there you have it.all very good choices imo.decide first on your budget and then whether you would like to have an all-in-one(micro sys from onkyo/denon),the audioengine A5 with a multi format player like the the ca dv99 which btw is a great suggestion for b/r usage,or, if you want to enjoy the headaches :D of tryin to get a good 2ch sys go the separates way!!of course then there are tons of options,and like vinod suggested,a ca 340c+ca 340a+ms 902i/wharf diam 9.1/9.2 would be a wonderful way to embark on this endless journey!!all have their pros and cons (not the least of which is money:eek:hyeah:).cheers

Hi,

When audiostri does not plan to put a TV in that room, why are we even suggesting DVD players as a source? He can buy a budget CD player. Even a used CD player would work well.

audiostri ,
If I was redoing the bedroom system, I would also consider hard disk and WiFi based sources.

If you already have a computer and a wireless accesspoint, a Squeezebox would work quite well, but eat up 50% of the budget. I think you could get it at about 17K from the dealer (19K on the web). It would sound great with a Marantz or Cambridge Audio amp, and MA BR2 speakers.

You could also go for WD TVHD, which is cheaper, and does not require a wireless network. It does not have a good DAC, but you can always add a Cambridge Audio DAC magic at a later point of time.

All the above setups would eventually sound significantly better than a DVD player as source.

Thanks,
Sharad

WD TV will require a TV or least a Display to show tracks!!!!

DVD suggested the 40 K budget will be consumed 80-90% selecting a good AMP & Speakers - also DVD players have usb capacity ( Again you require a TV)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back