audiocraft chennai???

zelda_venom

hey ppl,
has anyone heard of this place audio craft in chennai in chetpet...they make speakers under the brand craftel....any ppl who kno abt these stuff...i am plannin on speakers from them...could you please help....

Hi,

I bought floor stand speakers (150W x 2 RMS) and a 100Wx2 RMS amplifier (Model: STA 662) from Audiocraft on Oct '07. Price: Speaker units: Rs. 7,000; Amplifier: Rs. 6000.

Speakers are working good with soft bass, optimum mid range and good high frequency response. There is no rattling at maximum volume. Each box consists of a 12" woofer, 5" mid range, and 1" inch dome tweeter (Philips). Speaker and crossover components are procured from various sources and assembled by Audiocraft.

Dimensions of speaker units: 37" x 13.5" x 12" (HxWxD)

Speakers at various configurations are available at Audiocraft and they make according to your needs.

Contact information:

Mr. Murugesan
Audiocraft
Pudupet
Phone: 044 28521243
Mobile: 9282102357

Hope this information will be helpful.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi,

I forgot to mention about the demo materials. They don't have proper demo materials. It would be nice to carry some demo CDs with you.

..Muthusami. S

I visited Audiocraft's office chennai. Mr.Murugesan gave me demo of their amps and speakers. To keep it simple, I would say Craftel is very satisfying for the price. You will get a near-audiophile quality with their products.

Also I have written a detailed review here.

Yep, as muthu says, take some CDs that you usually listen, with you. That will help you to judge the quality.

- Rajesh Sundaram

Hi Rajesh,

Read your review about Audiocraft. It's honest and informative. Your other posts are also interesting.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

I visited Audiocraft's office chennai. Mr.Murugesan gave me demo of their amps and speakers. To keep it simple, I would say Craftel is very satisfying for the price. You will get a near-audiophile quality with their products.

Also I have written a detailed review here.

Yep, as muthu says, take some CDs that you usually listen, with you. That will help you to judge the quality.

- Rajesh Sundaram

Hi Rajesh,

I want to share you the information about Audiocraft. After Murugesan, his son, Mark (mobile no. 98410 23957) is continuing the business. Today I contacted one of their staff about the business and got this info.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

hey folks,
Yea Mark has taken over the Job. Got my floor standers today n they sound fantastic. Anyways for people who don know , Mark is into Audio for Automobiles and I will have to admit that the woofs he makes looks outta the world...I visited his studio recently n I was awestruck when I saw the sports finished speakers and all of them sound really really nice...so cheers to Mark and hope the legacy lives on!!!!

Re:hifipal4all
they dont have them in factory built models...but you could always ask them for a remote...they can custom make it for ya....they made amplifiers with remotes to be fitted within speakers...i don know what its called though...you could always call mark n ask him....

hey folks,
Yea Mark has taken over the Job. Got my floor standers today n they sound fantastic. Anyways for people who don know , Mark is into Audio for Automobiles and I will have to admit that the woofs he makes looks outta the world...I visited his studio recently n I was awestruck when I saw the sports finished speakers and all of them sound really really nice...so cheers to Mark and hope the legacy lives on!!!!

Can you please post some pictures of the floorstanders you got?
It would give us an idea about their products.....since Audiocraft doesn't have a website.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Zelda buddy,Please post some pics of the speakers(also Amp if you can,even if you have not bought it) and also some specs of it !! Am Keen to know the details !!

Regards.

Hi Muthu & Rajesh,

Do they have Amplifiers with Remote Control?

Regards,
Ramesh

During the visits of my purchase of floorstanders and amplifier, Murugesan was doing the R&D of home theater systems with remote. By this time, I hope Mark would have finished the design and made available for purchase. They also do custom designs according to your needs and specifications. You can reach Mark at 9841023957.

Regards,
Muthu

Muthu,
Question about the photos you posted at: Picasa Web Albums - Muthusami - Craftel
In the 1st pic, the speakers look all black while in the last two, the speakers are cherry in color.
Are both the same model: Craftel floorstanders - 150W RMS; 12" Craftel woofer; 5" Eastern midrange; 1" Philips dome tweeter.
Another question: does Audiocraft make small bookshelf too?
Thanks,
~dich

Hi,

All pictures are from same floorstanders. The first picture is the speakers covered with black speaker cloth. In other pictures, the covers were removed to display the speakers.

Yes. Audiocraft makes wide range of speakers including book shelf, satellites, floorstanders, sub woofers. They also make custom speakers according to your required specifications.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Muthu,
Question about the photos you posted at: Picasa Web Albums - Muthusami - Craftel
In the 1st pic, the speakers look all black while in the last two, the speakers are cherry in color.
Are both the same model: Craftel floorstanders - 150W RMS; 12" Craftel woofer; 5" Eastern midrange; 1" Philips dome tweeter.
Another question: does Audiocraft make small bookshelf too?
Thanks,
~dich

Dear Zelda,
PL post the details of ur tower u had from craftel, i mean driver size, rms and impedance etc. plus the price u paid. share some details about performance in full range and if possible some pictures of it pl...
thanks in advance

Hi,
I apologise to all folks that I would not be in a position to give any sorta performance review as I have bought the system for my new house which is under construction.Hopefully in another 20 days I would be able to share some pics and and a decent review of the system.. I am building a 7.1 system from Audio Craft . Receiver - TX-SR 705. PopCorn Hour NMT , Samsung 40" 5 Series , Oppo DV 9801H.this is gonna be basic build...will post pics soon..watch out for this section.......

Hi Rajesh,

I want to share you the information about Audiocraft. After Murugesan, his son, Mark (mobile no. 98410 23957) is continuing the business. Today I contacted one of their staff about the business and got this info.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

dear muthu,
do they have any website where we can check their products. anyway i mailed mark asking for details n waiting for his response.

Hi,

All pictures are from same floorstanders. The first picture is the speakers covered with black speaker cloth. In other pictures, the covers were removed to display the speakers.

Yes. Audiocraft makes wide range of speakers including book shelf, satellites, floorstanders, sub woofers. They also make custom speakers according to your required specifications.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

dear muthu,
i am really impressed with your speakers with 12'''' drives. but why are they not spiked at the bottom as most of the imported speakers. may be it will improve the sound.

dear muthu,
i am really impressed with your speakers with 12'''' drives. but why are they not spiked at the bottom as most of the imported speakers. may be it will improve the sound.
Hi,

Thanks for your opinion. I have not opted for the spikes. Yes, as you say it may improve the sound, but due to budget constraints, I haven't asked for it. Anyway, Mark will be happy to do your custom design with spikes. I suggest you to contact Mark by phone instead of email to get a quick update.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

@WnRao

Is Your Audition over? Any progress? Any details/reviews?

Me too planning to buy a floorstander pair form Audiocraft if everything goes well.. :D

Auditioning is the problem now since Iam in Hyderabad.. :indifferent14:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back