Audiophile fuses

bornfi

When I bought Prism Sound Callia used, the seller informed me that it had a special fuse that I never cared about. And in fact, I never cared about it for several months. Now, working from due to COVID, one fine day, did not have anything much to do, noticed that fuse rating of my dCS debussy and Prism are same and wondered what if I exchanged the fuse. I did and was pleasantly surprised. More strings in guitar, more layers in piano reverbs, more spaces front to back between artifacts. System is sounding more organic and scary (in positive sense) at time when sax pops up in jazz instrumental. So impressed that ordered one for amplifier too.

I tried reluctantly but have now unexpected impact so thought would share with you all.

The fuse is Synergistic Research's Blue.

This has been told to me by a couple of friends also who own some high end gears.

And for those who balk at paying mega bucks for a fuse or who like me are just too cheap, look up Bussmann or SEM silver coated fuses. Many sellers of so called hi-fi fuses re-badge these fuses.
There is an eBay seller "mains-cables-r-us" who comes highly recommended - look them up.

I also heard definite improvements with aftermarket fuses, and to me it is the most substantial tweak in terms of SQ improvement, when compared to so many other significantly more expensive tweaks like footers etc. Not sure why it should make a difference but it does.
Cheers,
Sid

Just a congecture. Fuse is for protection. But since some fuses improve on SQ, will shorting the path further leapfrog the sound quality.

Just a congecture. Fuse is for protection. But since some fuses improve on SQ, will shorting the path further leapfrog the sound quality.
This way you will put your system at risk should there be any kind of power surge.

Just to reconfirm that it wasn't placebo, I again swapped the fuse and yes, there is difference and is significant.

that is why I said "Just a conjecture"...will technically "No Fuse" be better than "A Fuse"

does a connector sound better than no connector? I think it can be and cannot be depending on whether you like the sound or not. Accessories deliberately cause a general shift in sound signature, if you like the sound with it you will not like it without it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back