audiophile jokes

I had a chance meeting with my school physics and math teacher at his retirement home. He is 87 and quite strong mentally. Even more so now than when he was teaching us. Over the course of our conversation, he asked me if I listen to music. I said yes. He said, now look, Prakash (my name is Sunil) do you know what is the most important force that decides how music reaches you ? I have never answered any of his questions in class, so I thought, why start now. Gravity !!! he said and smiled. I will give you a quick formula, he said.

F = G m1 m2d2

F
= 6.674×10-11 N m2/kg2 × 0.1 kg × 5.972×1024 kg(6.371×106 m)2

F
= 0.98 N

When he saw the look of confusion on my face, he said, listen Karthik, you take the costliest speaker that you have, lift it up and let go. See, that is gravity working. It does the same thing to the sound that you hear. The minute it leaves the speaker all it wants to do is go down. I nodded my head and told him that it was time for me to leave. As I turned around, I could see him slowly easing on to the floor to lie down so as to catch all the notes of music that gravity would send his way.

Like all things in audio, to each his own.

PS: There is a good chance that I could have imagined this meeting as I am not used to being in high spirits in the afternoon.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back