• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Audiophile streamer (improving source)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers

eastofthesun

I am using Cat6 ethernet cable to connect to Devialet. When I use SotM I need to get a USB cable (I guess) to connect to Devialet.
I heard USB cable make a lot of difference. That is why I am bit reluctant to try SotM.

I was trying to get a NUC, subscribe Roon and connect using ethernet connection to Devialet.
Still debating which is a better option.
oh yes a good quality USB cable does make a difference. As for the multi box setup of SOtM i added them in phases so i could figure out the difference they made to the sound so it wasn't an overnight decision to pick up all the SOtM gear together :)

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

eastofthesun

So how much worth of Sotm equipment do you have? And the total number of Sotm devices?

Renjith: I only recommended the SMS 200 available for $450 for you to try...
Anand here is suggesting an easy way for you to be kicked out of your house...
6 SOtM devices. As for getting kicked out of my house i haven't gotten kicked out yet so maybe i'm doing some thing right hai na ? A point to ponder about what say "Panditji" ha ha ha ha !!!

SaurabhK

How would the sotm stack compare sound wise say to a ps audio direct stream dac with network streamer ?

renjith lal

oh yes a good quality USB cable does make a difference. As for the multi box setup of SOtM i added them in phases so i could figure out the difference they made to the sound so it wasn't an overnight decision to pick up all the SOtM gear together :)
I got your point. It is always better to do in steps, to know the improvement each component brings.
I am confused with lot of options in SoTm, and top of line with all boxes can go up to 10k $ I guess.

eastofthesun

I got your point. It is always better to do in steps, to know the improvement each component brings.
I am confused with lot of options in SoTm, and top of line with all boxes can go up to 10k $ I guess.
Start with the sms200 ultra , then add a power supply so on and so forth ... so each one is just a step to getting more out what you play . Also the source is key ... most of my stuff is either AIFF or wav... so ya the source is good . At some point I might take the TX USB ultra on trial basis and try it out to see what it adds to the soundscape .

renjith lal

Start with the sms200 ultra , then add a power supply so on and so forth ... so each one is just a step to getting more out what you play . Also the source is key ... most of my stuff is either AIFF or wav... so ya the source is good . At some point I might take the TX USB ultra on trial basis and try it out to see what it adds to the soundscape .

Thanks for the suggestion, will look in to the option you mentioned. Power supply you are using from S Booster or from SotM itself?

SaurabhK

Sotm i guess makes sense if you are into a file based music set up. I would only be streaming using tidal etx... what would one get? I alreqdy have the bluesound node plus audiolab dac combo. Am looking to upgrade . So either a streamer with inbuilt dac or a separate streamer and separate dac . Very confusing as therr is no little to demo in delhi.

heliumflight

Sotm i guess makes sense if you are into a file based music set up. I would only be streaming using tidal etx... what would one get? I alreqdy have the bluesound node plus audiolab dac combo. Am looking to upgrade . So either a streamer with inbuilt dac or a separate streamer and separate dac . Very confusing as therr is no little to demo in delhi.
Let me know I have a CA Cxn v1 streamer/dac boxed which I'm not using

eastofthesun

You can stream using tidal too via the sms 200 ... ya you will need an external dac for sure ...

SaurabhK

Yes but you would need to playback using roon. Setting up a roon server just for playing Tidal doesnt make sense. if you have loads of file based music a roon nucleus makes great sense with SOTM stack . So either a Dac with built in streamer or a Dac and a streamer combo would make sense for me.

SPONSORED ADS