Audire Technologies New Speaker System

sandeepnaird

Audire Technologies is pleased to announce the launch of its new loudspeaker system, The EM2.5 from its Andromeda line of single driver loudspeakers.

Featuring the exotic D5e Type 2 single drivers from Feastrex, along with a unique cabinet construction and perhaps the most complicated finishing process used on a single driver louspeaker, the EM2.5 will be releasing officially at the next CES show.

For a sneak peek of the system, check out the preliminary brochure for the EM2.5 at the address below:

http://www.audire.in/em25.pdf

Audire Technologies Team

Hello Sandeep

How much is the Callisto bookshelf? Can one buy it without the stands?

There is no pic of it on your website. Where can I demo it?

Cheers

Hi Sandeep,

Congratulations on the announcement of the EM2.5 single driver speakers.
The brochure has a classy look to it, although I personally would like to see a bit more details on the characteristics of the sound it produces.

I have read with deep deep interest Venkat's review of some of your amps and speakers. And, I have a feeling there is a considerable interest in your product among at least some people. However, the difficulty I personally face is lack of more details on the products. For example, after reading Venkat's review, I searched for your website and finally got in there. Although, like the brochure here, the website again looks very distinguished, but unfortunately carries very little information. In some cases, even pictures are not there. Font sizes are also too small for a person like me (+7 near sight), so whatever little is there, I cannot read.

Please do not take whatever I have said above negatively. That would disappoint me, because I have visited your website many many times just to see if there are any updates to the available data.

You may say why I have not contacted you to get more information. Well, I thought of doing it, but ultimately didn't, because I do not think that is the way. You should have more details available for everybody. If in addition I need something more specific, I would contact you. And then someday, you never would know, I may actually end up in Coimbatore (from Kolkata) to audition. People do crazier things than that. But first there has to be just enough encouragement so that one is up to such things.

Today after reading your brochure, I again tried to go to your website, but then was warned by my browser that there is "malware" in your site. I do not know if it's a false alarm. But you should check. I was using "safari" browser from my Apple Macbook Pro laptop using Apple OS X (Tiger) OS.

Again, please take my words in the most positive way possible. If I have no interest in your products, I would not spend so much time in this post.

Last edited:
Very Interesting loudspeakers. My only experience with single driver full range is Rethm. I am sure these sound good.
I would suggest you have an outlet atleast in the major cities so that people can have a listen :)

Hi Sandeep,

Congratulations on the announcement of the EM2.5 single driver speakers.
The brochure has a classy look to it, although I personally would like to see a bit more details on the characteristics of the sound it produces.

I thought the same too. And yeah about the website - too many mouse clicks required to get to where we want. If the navigation can be simplified to reduce "click fatigue" for the viewer it would be nice too. An alternative non-flash version of the page is also a good idea.

Sorry to digress from the topic, but since it was being spoken about thought I would add my feedback as well.

Regards

sure makes impressive reading - paper made by a master, exotic laquer applied to declassified military grade permendur, field coil, $60K/pair for the 9 inch, but $4k/pair for the 5 inch.

i think all of us should go to chennai to audition these speakers - much easier than going to japan?

any forum members have heard these anywhere?

re the hand made paper-

The Japanese make papers for every conceivable use. Specific papers are made for painting, printmaking, calligraphy, lamps, room dividers, screens, clothing, fans, toys, wallets, packaging, and even floor coverings. In addition to its wide range of uses Washi can have religious meaning as a Shinto purity symbol. On festival days, small strips of paper are often hung from rice-straw ropes as talismans, usually on shrine grounds. In fact, the Japanese papermaking craft itself has many religious ties.

Because of the modernization and industrialization of Japan the number of handmade paper makers is diminishing. Not many Japanese want the laborious life of the paper maker. Many of the paper makers left including those named as National Living Treasures by the Japanese government are into their 80's and their traditional methods are threatened with extinction. Even though the traditional handmade sheet is becoming rare, the machine made Washi made from kozo, gampi, sulphite or combinations is retaining quality and permanence.

TO THIS LIST NOW WE ADD - paper for loudspeaker cones

next research and posting will be for URUSHI lacquer

since these living treasures are all in their 80's, interested audiophiles better grab these drivers before Alzheimer's disease gets them!

Last edited:
any forum members have heard these anywhere?

Though I have not done a detailed audition, I have heard these speakers twice when they were in prototype stage. Their sound staging is very very impressive as is the smoothness with which they separate all the sounds for you to hear them clearly. I found the basic set up of Audire itself to be impressive, and these speakers were just even more impressive.

Sharath was a bit hesitant to let me hear them then as he said he was yet working on the cabinetry. The speakers are so heavy they need 2 or three guys to move it. Sharath and his team have used a proprietary amalgam of exotic materials to make the cabinet. I knocked on the cabinet with my knuckles and nearly broke my hand. It was like knocking on a solid rock.

As I said in a earlier post, paired with good amplifiers and source, I am sure the speakers will sound divine. If at all I could be jealous, it will be of the person who ends up owning these speakers.

Cheers

Though I have not done a detailed audition, I have heard these speakers twice when they were in prototype stage. Their sound staging is very very impressive as is the smoothness with which they separate all the sounds for you to hear them clearly. I found the basic set up of Audire itself to be impressive, and these speakers were just even more impressive.

Sharath was a bit hesitant to let me hear them then as he said he was yet working on the cabinetry. The speakers are so heavy they need 2 or three guys to move it. Sharath and his team have used a proprietary amalgam of exotic materials to make the cabinet. I knocked on the cabinet with my knuckles and nearly broke my hand. It was like knocking on a solid rock.

As I said in a earlier post, paired with good amplifiers and source, I am sure the speakers will sound divine. If at all I could be jealous, it will be of the person who ends up owning these speakers.

Cheers

Hi venkatcr,

I hope I am not being rude, but do you have a handle on how much these new speakers would retail for? very interested!

regards
suri

I hope I am not being rude, but do you have a handle on how much these new speakers would retail for? very interested!

Those speakers are in a completely different league. Sharath and his team spent nearly a year designing them, so it is not going to be inexpensive.

I am afraid to even guess !!

Maybe if I do Tapas for the next 10 years, I may be able to think of owning these Menakas?

Cheers

Last edited:
hi venkat,
let us start a lottery among forum denizens - we all put in a nominal amount at specified intervals into a fund till the monies that sharad wants for these new speakers has been reached.

we'll pick the winner at a grand function in bangalore or chennai.

and then we'll let the lucky winner listen to, and live, with these treasures for the rest of his/ ?her life.

maybe the complete kit - source, amp and speaker from sharad!

regards
suri

Hi,

The retail on these babies is about Rs. 10,00,000, like Venkat said, it was a long and ardous process, and perhaps the sheer amount of work that went into it warrants this price! but compared to other feastrex manufacturers, we still do place ourselves in the affordable category :)

For any of you who would like to hear this system, our doors are always open, please do feel free to visit us anytime, and listen for as long as you like.

hi venkat,
let us start a lottery among forum denizens - we all put in a nominal amount at specified intervals into a fund till the monies that sharad wants for these new speakers has been reached.

we'll pick the winner at a grand function in bangalore or chennai.

and then we'll let the lucky winner listen to, and live, with these treasures for the rest of his/ ?her life.

maybe the complete kit - source, amp and speaker from sharad!

regards
suri

As of today, approx only Rs. 242 per member, provided all the 4138 odd members contribute! Of course this will be only for this pair of speakers!

As of today, approx only Rs. 242 per member, provided all the 4138 odd members contribute! Of course this will be only for this pair of speakers!

If someone can take on the task of being a honest CFO, we can actually make this work. We can wok with some manufacturers and dealers for heavy discounts, and run something like a Chit Fund of audio/video products. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I am sure all of can easily afford 500 to a 1000 rupees a year.

What say, people? Just imagine being the winner of a gorgeous product.

Cheers

If someone can take on the task of being a honest CFO, we can actually make this work. We can wok with some manufacturers and dealers for heavy discounts, and run something like a Chit Fund of audio/video products. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I am sure all of can easily afford 500 to a 1000 rupees a year.

What say, people? Just imagine being the winner of a gorgeous product.

Cheers
Hi venkatcr,

perhaps, you could make the first move and start a topic with a poll, and see how many members are willing to participate. Oh! I would love to see all of us on the dais at Windsor Manor or Taj, all the reps of the major names in audio also, and one lucky winner every year fainting with the ecstasy and the agony!

regards suri:)

and there would be huge interest among forum members about the component to be chosen for the prize. I can see it all now, the media reporting, the flashbulbs going off, and the the title "AV IDOL OF THE YEAR"!!!!

and then we could start AV COTY award (AV COMPONENT OF THE YEAR AWARD)! {jury being composed of forum members}

Last edited:
Instead of "one" honest CFO, let us have more than one - say for chennai, delhi, blore, hyd etc. The amount involved is 10L and it is better to distribute it into 4-5 baskets which can be combined at the time of purchase.

regards

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back