Audirvana Studio available on 30 days trial

Just installed it besides A+ 3.5

It does seem to be buggy. I was expecting a better UI and I’m not sure why they made the text so small in the settings tab. Seems cluttered.

Btw the remote isn’t yet updated for Studio.

It might be a while before this runs smooth.

Right, I'll say it's still in the Beta phase, small text, sluggish UI is the most reported issue, in their forum.

So those who are using it found it beneficial in any way when compared to native streaming apps.

So those who are using it found it beneficial in any way when compared to native streaming apps.
Qobuz native app is quite good. But not as good as Audirvana (or Roon)

Tidal is not great. Apple Music sounds pretty bad with lossless at the moment.

I’m a Audirvana user since Jan’19

Last edited:
Qobuz native app is quite good. But not as good as Audirvana

Tidal is not great. Apple Music sounds pretty bad with lossless at the moment.

I’m a Audirvana user since Jan’19
I am using Qobuz native app on my MacBook, in what way it is better then native app. Pardon my ignorance.

Also have Apple Music but rarely ever use it, Tidal is not great in what sense as I used to have it for a short period of time before switching to Qobuz.

I can easily live with Qobuz if Audirvana/Roon weren’t available. It sounds pretty good.

Tidal native app sucks. Has no control, focus and separation isn’t good, bloated bass etc etc.

Audirvana (with Tidal) is more focused, has a bit of sparkle at top end, tighter/deeper bass and better control on soundstage. It has an excellent iOS/Android remote app which is really important for folks like me running headless computers.

Hope this helps!

So gave it a try, it does sound somewhat different in my initial findings. Doing more A/B testing now.

I have enabled SysOptimizer, it does mess with how the Mac delivers audio that I can tell.

"The Audirvāna Remote App compatible with Studio will be released next week
on the Play Store for Android and the App Store for iOS!"

Tried it out with Tidal. Could not find any audio advantages over Roon and Tidal. Anything that I am missing ?

Any advantages over ROON ?

Mac version does not support up-sampling. Mac optimization for audio also not working. Tried various solutions but none worked. Not sure whether this is case for everyone else or not.

Mac version does not support up-sampling. Mac optimization for audio also not working. Tried various solutions but none worked. Not sure whether this is case for everyone else or not.
I have issues with sysoptimizer too. I need to disable time machine otherwise it throws an error.

Upsampling works fine for me. I tried only r8brain though.

Initially I didn’t like the way Studio 1.1.0 sounded. It was too sparkly at top end and felt processed. But I now with v1.4.0 I prefer it over Audirvana 3.5. Studio is more focused, better bass control and overall sounds cleaner. Also feels like the resolution has improved. Thinking of signing up for a year at the discounted price.

Last edited:
I have issues with sysoptimizer too. I need to disable time machine otherwise it throws an error.

Upsampling works fine for me. I tried only r8brain though.

Initially I didn’t like the way Studio 1.1.0 sounded. It was too sparkly at top end and felt processed. But I now with v1.4.0 I prefer it over Audirvana 3.5. Studio is more focused, better bass control and overall sounds cleaner. Also feels like the resolution has improved. Thinking of signing up for a year at the discounted price.
Hi thedude,

Could you please guide me with the steps to do upsampling?

Thanks,
Vinoth

The first screenshot says it outputs 44.1khz when I play a song. The second one says 384khz when I stop playing it. It automatically switches back to 441.khz when I start playing the song. The DAC has been selected in the output device in the audirvana app.
Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 1.33.18 PM-min.pngScreenshot 2021-06-15 at 1.34.49 PM-min.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back