Authorized Indian Dealer selling at 1.75 times the MRP of USA.

What is the max acceptable price from Authorised Dealers compared to MRP of Product Origin Country.?

• <1.2 Times

• <1.3 Times

• <1.5 Times

• Doesn't Matter

Results are only viewable after voting.

sathtom

I am interested in "IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze" and contacted the Home-Audio Authorized Indian Dealer. But they are quoting Rs.6500 (close to $90) for each unit which is 1.75 times the MRP of $50 in the USA. They told me that this is the final price that they could offer.

At the same time, I enquired for "IsoAcoustics ISO-Puck Mini" with Pro-Audio Authorized Indian Dealer and they quoted me Rs.8000 ($107) which is very close to the MRP of $100 in USA.

My Question is, if Pro-Audio dealer can sell ISOAcoustics products for a reasonable price, why is the Home-Audio Dealer selling at Exorbitant prices...?

I sent an email to IsoAcoustics Team for explanation stating this information but I didn't get any response.

I think it is not wise to buy a product which is more than 1.3 times the MRP of product Origin Country. This is my understanding. Please Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I would like to know whether this is the case for most of the Authorised Dealers in India or only IsoAcoustics Home-Audio Dealer is an aberration..?

Instead of looking at Country of origin, I look at prices. Home country prices include local taxes, subsidies and special pricing which is impossible to decipher with consistency. US pricing captures logistics and dealer costs but no customs or taxes. I typically look at 1.3-1.4x US price as a benchmark to reflect Indian import duties and gst. Anything above that is unfair in my view

I am interested in "IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze" and contacted the Home-Audio Authorized Indian Dealer. But they are quoting Rs.6500 (close to $90) for each unit which is 1.75 times the MRP of $50 in the USA. They told me that this is the final price that they could offer.

At the same time, I enquired for "IsoAcoustics ISO-Puck Mini" with Pro-Audio Authorized Indian Dealer and they quoted me Rs.8000 ($107) which is very close to the MRP of $100 in USA.

My Question is, if Pro-Audio dealer can sell ISOAcoustics products for a reasonable price, why is the Home-Audio Dealer selling at Exorbitant prices...?

I sent an email to IsoAcoustics Team for explanation stating this information but I didn't get any response.

I think it is not wise to buy a product which is more than 1.3 times the MRP of product Origin Country. This is my understanding. Please Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I would like to know whether this is the case for most of the Authorised Dealers in India or only IsoAcoustics Home-Audio Dealer is an aberration..?
Rs 110 per USD is what I'll be OK with Paying (on the Msrp) ; anything more than that, I'll try getting it handcarried from USA.
Also I'll explore the option of getting used but well maintained stuff from USA. So only products that cannot be hand carried, justify certain amount of higher pricing.

Isoacoustics products are horribly overpriced in India, that's why I got my Gaia 3 from Canada. Try negotiating further and see.

Try negotiating further and see.
I tried negotiating. :)
They stopped replying to my emails and when I called them, they simply said can't lower anything lesser than 6500 per unit (which is 1.75 Times the price in USA).

I would also like to clarify one thing. I completely understand that Dealers has to set the prices to meet their operating costs. It is just that if Dealers set unreasonably high prices, Consumers will eventually choose to go for alternative routes like shipping directly from abroad or get it hand carried from abroad with help of Friends.

Not just audio. I find that all the brick and mortar stores charge exorbitantly or at MRP if mentioned except the 'low margin - high volume' sellers like D Mart etc. I bought Shoes from Bata showroom sometime back. To my horror, I later discovered that the same shoes are available in Bata site for Rs. 1000/- lesser.

No wonder the online retailers are thriving and increasing their sales exponentially.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back