AV Rack Design

Rosenarayanappa

Friends,
Want to get a nice AV Rack done of Rosewood or Teak. Does anyone have a design or schematic with measurements please?
Any preferrable wood that is best suited?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
AV rack you are planning to build is for Stereo or HT ? You can share more details on your rig too.

I got a Teak (CP) HiFi Racks (UK) copy made by my Carpenter and probably the best I got till date. It's got solid 1.5 inch thick shelves with 2inch feets. A very heavy rack since my equipments weigh a lot. I would advise teak over any other wood because of its strength and density. Get the rack made of teak and then play with isolation plinth of any variety for your equipment if at all!

You can have a look here . You have different design options and measurements as well.

Here is an entire wooden rack

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he also do racks. Thought only cables.
I got my stands made from him, he doesn't do them himself but does work with someone for execution, though he supervises and QAs the whole thing. The stands I got are pretty good, depending on what I needed and my budget allowed. I am sure if he can do stands he can do the racks too. You can also meet him personally and see this. I ordered from Goa over a few phone calls and some horribly drawn diagrams and reference pictures. The page linked below has the photos so judge yourself.

Hi all
I have a similar requirement but issue we face is how do we make stable racks with following:
1. Child proof
2. Pet proof
3. Ventilation
4. Dust and pest proof
5. Wife acceptance factor
6. Easy to service
7. Looks good and smart enough
8. Has temperature n cooling controls
9. Easy for upgrades
10. Can take heavy loads
11. Well lit or has option for adding LED.
12. Easy to clean
13. Easy to move if required
14. Comes in Colors to match decor
15. Does not changes sound signature
16. Not reflective and disappears in dark

The racks we get here .. none of the can solve even 3-4 of prerequisites listed above. Wish someone takes this as challenge to make racks with all 16 properties above and make a hit product.

Check this old sale post of a rack by Mr Murthy.

Hi all
I have a similar requirement but issue we face is how do we make stable racks with following:
1. Child proof
2. Pet proof
3. Ventilation
4. Dust and pest proof
5. Wife acceptance factor
6. Easy to service
7. Looks good and smart enough
8. Has temperature n cooling controls
9. Easy for upgrades
10. Can take heavy loads
11. Well lit or has option for adding LED.
12. Easy to clean
13. Easy to move if required
14. Comes in Colors to match decor
15. Does not changes sound signature
16. Not reflective and disappears in dark

The racks we get here .. none of the can solve even 3-4 of prerequisites listed above. Wish someone takes this as challenge to make racks with all 16 properties above and make a hit product.
I have your requirement audiophile rack, # shipping is not possible, , tooo heavy,

For those based in Mumbai (or those who don’t mind paying shipping costs), check out Sound Foundations. They have some really excellent racks, speaker stands etc. All their designs can be viewed on their website.

For those based in Mumbai (or those who don’t mind paying shipping costs), check out Sound Foundations. They have some really excellent racks, speaker stands etc. All their designs can be viewed on their website.
I second that. Recently picked up a pair of speakers stands. Solid build quality and very well designed. Came packed very well and a breeze to assemble. Very responsive on whatsapp and calls too. Highly recommended.

I second that. Recently picked up a pair of speakers stands. Solid build quality and very well designed. Came packed very well and a breeze to assemble. Very responsive on whatsapp and calls too. Highly recommended.
Sound Foundations can also share several designs to choose / customise from.

Back