AV Rack Design

Guys this is what I dream of having in india and no one really no one makes it .. This is from BDI USA . They have lot of YouTube videos too. please can someone find a vendor who can bless us with his skills to make one that can have WAF as well as safe n easy for us too . I am trying to get a vendor make the same in bangalore. Let’s see how ti goes

IMG_20210724_230829.jpg IMG_20210724_230740.jpg

These racks shall help us a lot in protecting our priced possessions

Check out Inmarwar. Indian company - makes some good looking stuff. They do not have all the features of BDI, but with a little help from your local carpenter it can be achieved. My Tv cabinet is from them, I just removed the back cover (with a dremel and cutting saw bit), a few things here or there for a bit of wire management. You can request them to make all shelves removable, they do small customisations.

Guys this is what I dream of having in india and no one really no one makes it .. This is from BDI USA . They have lot of YouTube videos too. please can someone find a vendor who can bless us with his skills to make one that can have WAF as well as safe n easy for us too . I am trying to get a vendor make the same in bangalore. Let’s see how ti goes

View attachment 60064 View attachment 60065
If you are talking about the decorative front panels, there are plenty of people who do that with laser CNC machine and plywood and MDF. Even on metal and marble. Contact the construction people/ carpenters in Bangalore, you will surely find them.

If you are talking about the decorative front panels, there are plenty of people who do that with laser CNC machine and plywood and MDF. Even on metal and marble. Contact the construction people/ carpenters in Bangalore, you will surely find them.
Yes . I am trying one but center panel and esp back panel that are removable — all says not possible. And if someone says yes for everything then cost becomes biggest breaker

Check out Inmarwar. Indian company - makes some good looking stuff. They do not have all the features of BDI, but with a little help from your local carpenter it can be achieved. My Tv cabinet is from them, I just removed the back cover (with a dremel and cutting saw bit), a few things here or there for a bit of wire management. You can request them to make all shelves removable, they do small customisations.
They products are really amazing in design. I shall talk to them to see if they can make a new range with our requirements

Where to source the cost effective spoke and spike base that goes between the compartments. Say if i have 3 compartments i need 12 spikes and spike bases as seperators and 4 spikes for the base. These are costing me more than the wood itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-234522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-234522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 58
Where to source the cost effective spoke and spike base that goes between the compartments. Say if i have 3 compartments i need 12 spikes and spike bases as seperators and 4 spikes for the base. These are costing me more than the wood itself.

Is this needed? does it add any quality, not sure so asking. also are you doing DIY or any carpenter?

Just my 2 cents - though I am not denying the advantages of spikes on an AV rack, I think your money can be better spent perhaps on better quality hard wood - for longevity - maybe with some brilliant wire management design. I get it on speaker stands, yes, but I have seen the same equipment on some high end spiked racks and on a wooden chair with absolutely no perceivable effect - if it made any difference it was not apparent in any way to my plebian ears. Other than the way it looks and the flexibility to keep each section on the floor separately - if that is what you are after - it is a great modular option.

***If I am being ignorant about the benefits of spikes, please correct or ignore me.

Mr Murthy
Soundfoundations.in (FM magma)

Finally I got the unit made from a custom furniture designer in Rajasthan. He designed the unit based my most of my needs. I am yet to get a final pic of the unit post which I shall share here . My concern was mainly ventilation, style and costs along with space that are taken care . Let’s see how final product comes up.

Finally I got the unit made from a custom furniture designer in Rajasthan. He designed the unit based my most of my needs. I am yet to get a final pic of the unit post which I shall share here . My concern was mainly ventilation, style and costs along with space that are taken care . Let’s see how final product comes up.
Nice, do update this thread with pics :)

Can you please share pic and contact, I am also looking for the same

Hi all
I have a similar requirement but issue we face is how do we make stable racks with following:
1. Child proof
2. Pet proof
3. Ventilation
4. Dust and pest proof
5. Wife acceptance factor
6. Easy to service
7. Looks good and smart enough
8. Has temperature n cooling controls
9. Easy for upgrades
10. Can take heavy loads
11. Well lit or has option for adding LED.
12. Easy to clean
13. Easy to move if required
14. Comes in Colors to match decor
15. Does not changes sound signature
16. Not reflective and disappears in dark

The racks we get here .. none of the can solve even 3-4 of prerequisites listed above. Wish someone takes this as challenge to make racks with all 16 properties above and make a hit product.
Lol. Some needs in the list will totally destroy another need in the same list or make some other redundant.

6D5D0CCD-F72B-4300-93F8-458371A4981F.jpegThis is what I just received. Hope it houses all the stuff . It is 6 ft long unit

Attachments

• A9CF4898-4D42-444F-87D4-66BDEB6D2F7D.jpeg
    A9CF4898-4D42-444F-87D4-66BDEB6D2F7D.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 103
  • 67958522-893C-40F3-B601-F7AF949C2146.jpeg
    67958522-893C-40F3-B601-F7AF949C2146.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 104
  • F713C9E6-9530-4B9B-9086-2AF0E31E53B8.jpeg
    F713C9E6-9530-4B9B-9086-2AF0E31E53B8.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 895FFCC8-1F80-4159-839F-B8608CFB3FB4.jpeg
    895FFCC8-1F80-4159-839F-B8608CFB3FB4.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 99
The good thing is this guy is very welcoming to suggestions n never says no . The unit quality n finish is really impressive as it is made with sheesham wood

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back