• Best 5.1 Ch AVR of the world

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • BEst 5.1 Ch speaker

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akeshwar

Hi all!!!
Infact I am in search of AVR+5.1 Ch. speaker package in (Delhi). Actually, I am having Sony's 5 DVD Changer (DVPNC-675P). Here, first of all I want to know the world-best AVR with possible latest technologies so that I would not feel myself as a looser.I have read the comments and get confused.Here i would like to mention that i am not aware of tehcnical things aspects.But I have heard/read comments about Yamaha, Denon, Onkoyo...Plz help me out you all with your expert practical opinion for Best AVR and Speaker package.

Right now my budget is too low.... around 30K

Hi all!!!
Infact I am in search of AVR+5.1 Ch. speaker package in (Delhi). Actually, I am having Sony's 5 DVD Changer (DVPNC-675P). Here, first of all I want to know the world-best AVR with possible latest technologies so that I would not feel myself as a looser.I have read the comments and get confused.Here i would like to mention that i am not aware of tehcnical things aspects.But I have heard/read comments about Yamaha, Denon, Onkoyo...Plz help me out you all with your expert practical opinion for Best AVR and Speaker package.

30k for AVR OR AVR+5.1??!?!?!

Dear Yogesh, as i explained earlier, right now, my budget is too low, it may reach atlast 35k (if i would buy before december) but it would be highly appreciated if i may got the knowledge/info for the AVR+5.1 Ch speaker for Rs. between 35k to 45k.

you technical expertise is badly needed. waiting 4 a instant and satisfactory reply. But dear just keep in mind that AVR should be carrying the possible latest technologies (relating to audio/sound)so that i would not feel that i have not got the latest one........:yahoo:
\
Thanx, :yahoo:

I am sorry to spoil the party, but 30..40K for decnt AVR+5.1 package is not an option.

You may try to increase your budget to 50...60k and go for a AVR + 2.0 setup now and upgrade to 5.1 later.

If you are particular on AVR+5.1 in the original budget, look out for Onkyo/Yamaha/HK+JBL HTIBs. But then, both quality and latest tech will be lacking in this setup.

But dear just keep in mind that AVR should be carrying the possible latest technologies (relating to audio/sound)so that i would not feel that i have not got the latest one........:yahoo:
\

Imho Fitting all latest technologies in 35 K budget is not possible...I am referring DTS HD & DD HD..

anyway you can buy onkyo 7.1 Home Theate in Box --I thnk it has 7.1 In ( Experts -Users Please confirm) and when ur ready for Blu-Ray buy BLU-Ray palyer with 7.1 analouue out

Which Display you have?
Which DVD player u have?
What will be your preferred source? DVD,Blu-Ray ,MKV or other?
Exact location?

Dear Yogesh, as i explained earlier, right now, my budget is too low, it may reach atlast 35k (if i would buy before december) but it would be highly appreciated if i may got the knowledge/info for the AVR+5.1 Ch speaker for Rs. between 35k to 45k.

you technical expertise is badly needed. waiting 4 a instant and satisfactory reply. But dear just keep in mind that AVR should be carrying the possible latest technologies (relating to audio/sound)so that i would not feel that i have not got the latest one........:yahoo:
\

My friend It is veryvery difficult to get AVR+5.1 for 30-35K.:sad:

Best option for u is to go for Onkyo 5105. OR HArmanKardon+JBL system. And beleive me these r not bad at all. 5105 has 5.1 analog in, so when u buy a bluray playr in future, it can work with it.

Another is a Long Term Plan.
Starting range AVR which have latest tech, start at 25K. Denon1610/Yamaha465. U can take one of it and add a pair of bookshelf speaker e.g. Wharfe/Mission etc at 10-12K. Not ot forget 2-3K for cables. This comes to 37-40K. In future u will need to add Center at 10K, Surrounds at 10K, Subwoofer at 15K. So, more, 35K will have to be spent in future as per availibility.

So, I suggest u go for Onkyo 5105 ( Or Harman-JBL CineSystem). U can always upgrade speakers when Money is available.

Hi all!!!

Buddy

Plz tell me what you are looking in for.?
Is it the Home Theatre (AVR + 5.1)
or
Is it the Music System (Multimedia Speakers + DVD Player)...

In your budget of Rs.30-35K you should look in for a Multimedia Speakers System and a Good DVD Player...

But if you are looking in for a Home Theatre Consider minimum of Rs.80-90K or a Lakh for a proper Home Theatre setup including consultation, AVR, Cables, Speakers, Mounts, installation, etc...

Setting up a Home Theatre is not a funny business, though it takes dedication and a lot of Hard work, in order to get the proper effects...
(My Words may be Harsh but this is Practical)

So, above as one of the member suggested, its better to increase your budget, get a AVR and a Stereo Pair...
Then slowly increase the budget and complete your 5.1....

As cliched as it may sound - this was the way I thought before I was introduced to this forum. My idea of a home theatre was what we currently refer to as HTiB and 30K would have been exhorbitant for that and I'd have expected it to get me the best that is out there.

Now after spending a couple of months on the forum I realize how naive and, may I daresay, stupid, I was. My only advice to you is - Unless you have a lot of moolah at your disposal, you start with a budget and get the best available tech for that budget, instead of starting with identifying the best product and then thinking about the cost.

I don't know what the world's best A/V receiver and speakers would be, but I've heard and read prices for a speaker which are costlier than an apartment.

If your budget is 30 K - post here what you already have and what would your usage be. The forum would do it's best to recommend you an upgrade path.

Lest the thread started get disheartened, let me make the point here that 30-35k WILL buy you a capable and satisfying movie sound experience. It will not be the world's best and even ten times that money will no get you the world's best, but you'll get a sound that will make you happy and I can assure you of that.

The details of that the people on these forums who are more experienced will provide, although i know of an Onkyo 506 + Pure Acoustics Dream Nano 5.0 speaker package + an Onkyo 204 sub + cables package that my friend picked upf ro 33k, which was an excellent deal for the price. Not for music, but for movies.

For music + movies at that price range, another friend has an Onkyo 304 AVR + Jamo HCS 406 5.0 speaker package, fronts are floorstanders, but there's no sub. The sound is very good for movies and quite big, warm and enjoyable for music. It cost him 30k.

There are many more options that you can consider, including some Philips HTIBs which deliver a lot of bang for the buck. But let's start with dropping the attempt to pick up the world's best kit :) all the best!

Which Display you have?
Which DVD player u have?
What will be your preferred source? DVD,Blu-Ray ,MKV or other?
Exact location?

Actually, right now, I am having tradtional display;
Sony's 5 DVD changer DVPNC 675-P
DVD
New Delhi

plz get back with more option

Dear Yog/All, infact as i go through all your expert opinions, Now i hav decided to increase my budget....but my confusion regarding the best avr in range of 20-25k is not satisfied so far...ok tell me about that and my preference is 75% music and 25% movies......just help me out coz in many of comments i am getting more and more confusion regarding the AVRs coz some AVR sounds good but not having features (as i read)....regards

Since you are more into music than movies but still need a single machine to perform both probably the offerning from Cambridge audio might suit your purpose. It is a good amplifier but not a very good receiver because in the price segment of 25 K you cannot get a good receiver. In fact the offering from CA will be far better than the budgets onkyo's and Denon's etc (below 25K) will have to offer in terms of sound quality. But then you lose on connectivity and decoding options...

Dear Yog/All, infact as i go through all your expert opinions, Now i hav decided to increase my budget....but my confusion regarding the best avr in range of 20-25k is not satisfied so far...ok tell me about that and my preference is 75% music and 25% movies......just help me out coz in many of comments i am getting more and more confusion regarding the AVRs coz some AVR sounds good but not having features (as i read)....regards

This is the standard problem that all (or most) of us go thru, i.e. want to buy an electronic item with all the features in the world and then realize that we will not use 90% of those features in a normal day/week.

Look out for an AVR in your budget with DD, DTS decoding, decent pure-stereo or direct (2.0) performance, 5.1 to 7.1 speaker connectivitiy, a sound signature that you like and you are set. These are the ones that you need and personally, I do not miss the rest of the features.

Buddy

If you can increase your budget a bit...
Then consider the following...

Receiver :
1). Cambridge Audio - 540R - MRP 33,000 approx. - Discounted - Rs.31K approx.

CD Player :
Cambridge :
1). Cambridge audio - 540C - MRP 22,000 approx. - Discounted - Rs.20K approx.
2). NAD - 356BEE - MRP 26,500 approx. - Discounted - Rs.22,500 approx.

Speakers : FloorStanders
1). Q Acoustics - 1030i - MRP 29,000 - Discounted - Rs.28K approx.
2). Mordaunt Short - Avant 904i - MRP 28,000 - Discounted - Rs.26K approx.

OR

Speakers : Bookshelves
1). Q Acousitcs - 1020i - MRP 15,000 - Discounted - Rs.14K approx.
2). Mordaunt Short - Avant 902i - MRP 14,500 - Discounted - Rs.13K approx.

Cables & Connectors : Rs.5K (including Speaker, Optical & HDMI Cables & Connectors)

I think the total will come to Rs.80-90K...with Floor Standers
If you want, reduce the CD Player for now, so that will reduce straight away Rs.20K minimum...So it will come to Rs.60-70K.
OR
Go in with Bookshelves apart from reducing the CD Player, will save you more 10-12K, so will come to 50-60K...
Later move those bookshelves to rear speakers and buy new floor standers for fronts and then add the Center and the Sub.

I think thats the best that can be done in the least budget...

And plz dont look in for Onkyo from any angle...

HI,

Lets get started on what the guy wants. I guess he would wanting to go for movies and with his budget of 30k you can sure get some good htibs out there. Maynot be the worlds best but would have DD,DTS,7.1/5.1 connectivity. Currently some of the HTIBs from Yamaha/Onkyo would seem to fit the bill. You can search this forum for the those Onkyo HTIBS (excluding the DVD player which cost start around 20k+) Going up from there I think there is a JBL cinesystem around this price point. The best option would be to pick up peices according to what the budget permits peice by peice.

Dear mridul
u r suggesting well. As i explain earlier that i dont have that much knowledge of technical aspects.....just i have in my mind that i have to grab the latest one (under my budget). Now i am thinking that i should go for a good AVR so and not the highest enjoyable but.......satisfying speaker. So please tell me about the same.One more thing I want to know that if i possess a good AVR, (obviously suggested by you) then what i should do for speakers.

Here, i would like to mention that i am trying to follow the theory of 'upgrade later'. so plz guide me that besides which AVR I should go attach my speaker(s) and how can i upgrade my speakers later (such as adding centre/sub etc.).
Can I buy 2.1 channel spkrs and get them upgrade later Or they will be unusable??? I can understand ur dilemma....but this query most important for me to go for any option.....plz reply soon..

regards

Hello dear yogesh. I remember ur reply on my 1st post which was regarding my AVR+5.1 Ch speaker package withing 30-35K. Now after reading many of threads I am making my mind on specificially ur suggestion i.e. an AVR+a pair of speaker and upgrade the speaker package later.

Dear friend, as u aware that I am having an 5.1 DVD player so can I go for a 7.1 Ch AVR. Would it make any technical problem regarding their compatibility.Is there any problem installing the device?Actually I am thinking to invest about 35K in AVR now.7.1 Ch AVR, If not having technical problem, in attaching with 5.1 output DVD player, can facilitate me satisfaction/enjoyment in near future when i will be buying 7.1 speaker package.

plz help me out from this technical aspect and also suggest me AVR (with same query i.e. having possible latest technology such as HD HDD, True HD etc(u know better). You can skip I-pod or similar facilities).

thanx u so much in advance

regards
Akeshwar
9968290103 (Delhi)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back