AV Receiver and subwoofer

mks1970

Hi, looking for suggestion for suitable AV receiver and Sub woofer for recently purchased Wharfedale Diamond 10.6 speakers. My requirement is 80% music and 20% movies and room size is 18x12 ft. Was considering the following:

AVR
Yamaha RX475 or RX675 (not sure will help in better quality, don't intend to use video up scaling or 7.2 output)

Sub: Klipsch SW110, wharfedale sw150 or jamo 210.

Thanks

no avr for you..
get a good stereo amp..

1.not that wharfe is too power hungry..still it is not very avr friendly also
2.your use is 80% music..no question of avr man..imho
3.10.6 is fs..you will not get the even half 'maza' from avr if you try streo amp or pre-power set up
chhose from from maratnz,yamaha or denon acording to pairing and ur ear with wharfe..
even sub is not mandatory now..
get it if you need the feel... later

if you have good budget can try quad power amps..with wharfedale..

Thanks Prosenjit for your suggestion. I am considering the option. Which stereo amp will you suggest in a budget of 50k?

Dear FMs, any suggestions??

You can get very good integrated amps for your budget. You can first try NAD C326 BEE. There are other good models from other brands, but the NAD stereo amps get the best for the money you pay. The other models are Yamaha A500, Marantz PM6004 or PM7004. Among all these models, please check for the connectivity options which might help you for any future upgrade and audition them. My personal choice is NAD 326BEE + Tannoy DC6/PSB Image speaker combination.

me too, My personal choice is NAD 326BEE + Tannoy DC6/PSB Image speaker combination. thanks
20.gif

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back