AV Reciever Left channel not working

cyberbaba

Hi Folks,
I am not sure if this is the right section or even if a section for TS exists. Here is my problem I have a Marantz SR4400 its a 6.1 amp which has been lying around for a while. The problem is that the left channel suddenly stopped working. below is the TS i have done:
  1. Tried different cables and inputs - no luck
  2. Headphones also missing the left channel
  3. in surround mode - left surround works fine but not the Main left channel
  4. opened the amp and no visible damage to caps etc... just 2-3 leaky caps

Any guidance will be helpful, also looking for good contact in Mumbai (Malad to Andheri) area who can help repair the amp. I have dlded all the schematics and a detailed service manual.

cheers Nik

I had a exactly the same problem with my Marantz SR5200 6.1 receiver when used in stereo mode. I took it to an authorised service center in Chennai and found out the fault is with the Pre-Amp section of the receiver. He replaced a capacitor & it works perfectly fine for me.

Get in touch with Authorised service center for Marantz and you should be fine.

Hi Folks,
I am not sure if this is the right section or even if a section for TS exists. Here is my problem I have a Marantz SR4400 its a 6.1 amp which has been lying around for a while. The problem is that the left channel suddenly stopped working. below is the TS i have done:
  1. Tried different cables and inputs - no luck
  2. Headphones also missing the left channel
  3. in surround mode - left surround works fine but not the Main left channel
  4. opened the amp and no visible damage to caps etc... just 2-3 leaky caps

Any guidance will be helpful, also looking for good contact in Mumbai (Malad to Andheri) area who can help repair the amp. I have dlded all the schematics and a detailed service manual.

cheers Nik

As mentioned, the problem may be due to leaky capacitors. Have it checked.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back