Av setting yamaha rx 3070

shenil

Dear All

I just replaced my Marantz 6005 with RX 3070 . On Manual setting I can't set my sub . I have one svs pb 2000. I have placed it at front left. But the configuration shows two front sub. even putting one of it to non use is not helping. But what is frustrating is that on testing the tone i get no sound from sub in every possible combination. Yes i have checked my sub connections.my sub connections and settings are as per manual . On auto setting i do get a tone from sub but auto setting is giving all weird readings in distances and db setting.

My HT setting is a dedicated in a separate room with acoustic paneling.

one reason for weird auto result i suspect could be that i have placed my receiver in a side window at the back - left of where i sit to avoid the clutter in front. It is very easy to manage this way and more elegant.

while I am about it I want to know what should be the db settings of speakers . i have old fashioned 5.1. My front speakers are Monitor Silver and two back surrounds are bronze - a bit low compared to front.Thanks

Look at the Bass management settings....it should be Main + Sub....

Adjust cut off frequency where necessary....

Depending on the specs of 3070 amp output section and the kind of speakers being attached....usually 50% levels are maintained overall....surrounds are kept at 60% levels due to their distance....fronts mostly at 35 to 40% and Center at 50%....

Again you will need to adjust and check how it sounds and if you need to trim further (increase / decrease).

Dear All

I just replaced my Marantz 6005 with RX 3070 . On Manual setting I can't set my sub . I have one svs pb 2000. I have placed it at front left. But the configuration shows two front sub. even putting one of it to non use is not helping. But what is frustrating is that on testing the tone i get no sound from sub in every possible combination. Yes i have checked my sub connections.my sub connections and settings are as per manual .

Did you run the auto calibration?

On auto setting i do get a tone from sub but auto setting is giving all weird readings in distances and db setting.

You can measure the distance from your listening position to each speaker & manually correct the distance..

Unless you have a SPL meter, i guess there is no way to check the db setting of each speaker.. Try to use SPL sound meter mobile app and check results..

one reason for weird auto result i suspect could be that i have placed my receiver in a side window at the back - left of where i sit to avoid the clutter in front. It is very easy to manage this way and more elegant.

Hope you have placed the Microphone at ear height in the listening position..

while I am about it I want to know what should be the db settings of speakers.

If you don't have a physical SPL meter, try using a mobile app (SPL meter) and dial all the speakers between 75 ~ 80db level from your listening position..

A SPL meter app may not be accurate, but can give you approx values..Try it..

Dear All

I just replaced my Marantz 6005 with RX 3070 . On Manual setting I can't set my sub . I have one svs pb 2000. I have placed it at front left. But the configuration shows two front sub. even putting one of it to non use is not helping. But what is frustrating is that on testing the tone i get no sound from sub in every possible combination. Yes i have checked my sub connections.my sub connections and settings are as per manual . On auto setting i do get a tone from sub but auto setting is giving all weird readings in distances and db setting.

My HT setting is a dedicated in a separate room with acoustic paneling.

while I am about it I want to know what should be the db settings of speakers . i have old fashioned 5.1. My front speakers are Monitor Silver and two back surrounds are bronze - a bit low compared to front.Thanks
Congrats on your purchase shed some lights on user reviews @ Yamaha owners thread.
This is one of the beast i would say looking at the depth of the AVR.
Enjoy the yamaha copyright dsp All the best,[emoji106]

[emoji41]

Just guessing here but try and check the sub input at the rear. It should be LFE in and in the AVR set all speakers to small. Now try a movie track and see if the sub comes to life....

Thanks for the advice. I did solve the problem. I was told to cold restart so i unplugged everything and the power chord for the night and restarted the system and every thing got settled smoothly.

But a new bigger problem has come up.

I have Monitor Silver Series floor standing speakers for front and Monitor bronze for surround. The Sub is SVS PB 2000.
I have set all speakers to small.
Frequency cut off for front standing is 80 for center 110 and for surround it is 110.
I have set the impedance level at 6 ohm as a guess because i couldnt find the impedance level of my speakers from anywhere.
I used an online sound meter app to set the db level at 75.

But the bass is missing. The pink noise from Sub is very feeble.

My Sub volume is at max and phase setting is at zero.

Everything about setting is ok. but there is no boom.
The Sub is two months old and prior to that my monitor sub was great till it got submerged in my basement due to floods.
The sound from the speakers is very high on treble almost to the level of hissing but not hissing.
My personal sub test is the Hans zimmer score of the Movie Rush.
I didnt play the CD but while watching movie specially the car race final scene the music wasnt there. Very underwhelming for me.
There is lot of noise in that scene because of the crowd and that sound of background is overpowering the music.
I tried Game of Thrones. There was no noise because it was not in that scene but the absence of real Sub bass boom was clearly missing.
I am scratching my head for the last 24 hrs with extensive search on net but to no avail.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

What is the crossover knob on the sub set to?.. Since you are using AVR internal crossover, keep the crossover on the sub to max...

Reduce the subwoofer volume knob to 50%..

Thanks for the advice. I did solve the problem. I was told to cold restart so i unplugged everything and the power chord for the night and restarted the system and every thing got settled smoothly.

But a new bigger problem has come up.

I have Monitor Silver Series floor standing speakers for front and Monitor bronze for surround. The Sub is SVS PB 2000.
I have set all speakers to small.
Frequency cut off for front standing is 80 for center 110 and for surround it is 110.
I have set the impedance level at 6 ohm as a guess because i couldnt find the impedance level of my speakers from anywhere.

Everything about setting is ok. but there is no boom.
The Sub is two months old and prior to that my monitor sub was great till it got submerged in my basement due to floods.
The sound from the speakers is very high on treble almost to the level of hissing but not hissing.
My personal sub test is the Hans zimmer score of the Movie Rush.
I didnt play the CD but while watching movie specially the car race final scene the music wasnt there. Very underwhelming for me.
There is lot of noise in that scene because of the crowd and that sound of background is overpowering the music.
I tried Game of Thrones. There was no noise because it was not in that scene but the absence of real Sub bass boom was clearly missing.
I am scratching my head for the last 24 hrs with extensive search on net but to no avail.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I faced similar kind of a problem when i switched from basic Onkyo HTR to Pioneer Lx Series obviously it should be increment but my case i felt bass is lacking.
Later on i found there is a equalizer setup for subwoofer in settings.i did not try Auto calibration initially.If i do auto calibration may be it would have tuned( iam not sure). you are also trying before Auto calibration?
you can try that settings if available and dont miss out to check the subwoofer out cable form AVR .possible insert it in next sub woofer out 2 if available in back side of the AVR.
Try connecting new subwoofer RCA cable if you have spare.
All the best.

[emoji41]

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back