AVR suggestions

varadas

Hi,

My existing Yamaha receiver's HDMI board has gone kaput for the input.
So looking for a replacement option to buy a decent 5.1 AV Receiver with all the basic frills... don't need Atmos, or even 7.1.
My speaker system is Taga Harmony inMOVE 5.1 Home Theater Package.

I am looking at these models... do the speakers need something more powerful to drive them?
YAMAHA HTR-3067
PIONEER INDIA VSX 531
Marantz NR1508
Pioneer VSX-832
Denon AVR x550BT

In summary, I'm asking for advice or suggestions...
Please do point me to other alternatives.

Thanks

Since your requirements are for basics, you can look at Denon 520BT @ 25k
It will be more than enough for your speakers & cost effective as well.

So looking for a replacement option to buy a decent 5.1 AV Receiver with all the basic frills... don't need Atmos, or even 7.1.

Pioneer VSX 832 for it has Wi-fi, Bluetooth & Atmos Capability, and will fetch more resale value when you wish to upgrade to a high end AVR..

Hi,

My existing Yamaha receiver's HDMI board has gone kaput for the input.

I am looking at these models... do the speakers need something more powerful to drive them?
YAMAHA HTR-3067
PIONEER INDIA VSX 531
Marantz NR1508
Pioneer VSX-832
Denon AVR x550BT

In summary, I'm asking for advice or suggestions...
Please do point me to other alternatives.

Thanks

Hi I also have to buy one Receiver 5.1 soon, kindly advise which one of these you shortlisted and will buy, Thanks

Each of the above AVRs mentioned by OP has a different sound signature....it also depends on what speakers you have or intent to add to the setup......

I would suggest Marantz 1608 only because you might at a later stage want Atmos. This way you're future proof

No AVR or brand is future proof......it keeps changing every 9 to 12 months......so get something where you will use all the features etc for now.....

time and again....classifieds here or OLX keep popping up with ads where flagship models (possibly 2/3 years old) are sold at bargain rates.....same also can be available with dealers......

@varadas in my opinion, if you feel that the NR1508/9 meets your current requirement and use within the budget then go for it.,.....there is nothing stopping you from getting the NR1608/9 which would be roughly 15k to 20k more ...provided you have the budget...

No AVR or brand is future proof......it keeps changing every 9 to 12 months......so get something where you will use all the features etc for now.....

time and again....classifieds here or OLX keep popping up with ads where flagship models (possibly 2/3 years old) are sold at bargain rates.....same also can be available with dealers......

@varadas in my opinion, if you feel that the NR1508/9 meets your current requirement and use within the budget then go for it.,.....there is nothing stopping you from getting the NR1608/9 which would be roughly 15k to 20k more ...provided you have the budget...
I do agree that with AVRs/DACs etc you're never going to be absolutely future proof. However, I wouldn't want him to wonder what he was missing in terms of ATMOS and then having to upgrade to ATMOS enabled AVR. Budget permitting of course

In terms of SQ between the 1508 or 1608 versus the 1509 or 1609....nothing changed significantly.......If it was me, I would trip on the 1x08 series rather then spend the extra on the 1x09 series....

If I am not going to use the Wifi or Bluetooth.....rather settle for SR series possible the older models xx08 or xx09 or xx10 series....there are some on sale over OLX and those are indeed great models with excellent SQ and overall performance barring the Bluetooth and Wifi....which is not a mandate for HT setup.

I think marantz nr series is slim and good looking but for sound quality marantz sr series is more better...
Not really. The sound signature is almost the same.
SR series is bigger due to bulky power supply circuit and more connectivity options at higher price point.
Cheers,
Raghu

Next HiFi is selling the below AVR for heavy discount... is it genuine?

Not yet... looking at options. I have a multi-channel power amp already so don't want to buy a receiver... want to go separates.

I have an option of buying pre-owned:
Sunfire TGP-5
Lexicon MC-12

Both are in pristine condition

1564165758927.jpeg

1564165784710.jpeg

1564165796795.jpeg

1564165874781.jpeg

1564165908302.jpeg

1564166746524.jpeg

Just a thought... I could just run 5.1 but not sure if that's a complete waste given the new surround formats. Confused!

Attachments

• 1564166402774.jpeg
    1564166402774.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2
Lexicon should be wonderful processor. Only problem I see is it will not support dtsHDMA and Dolby TruHD format.( Forget about Atmos & DTS X)
If u r ok with only DTS and Dolby digital format ,then you can have a thought about it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back