AVR + Tower Speaker + MultiRoom

Dear @HTuser - Was speaking with Audiomaxx.
They were not too impressed with the JBL speakers. And suggested to keep AVR simply for the Living Room. Said, the sound through a commercial selector will not be quality.
I go an idea to get 5.2 (1509 which is cheaper by 8K) and use pre-out to another amplifier (we already have).
They drive the bedroom speakers with the amplifier instead of AVR - Speaker Selector.
What do you think of this approach?

Last edited:
Dear @HTuser - Was speaking with Audiomaxx.
They were not too impressed with the JBL speakers. And suggested to keep AVR simply for the Living Room. Said, the sound through a commercial selector will not be quality.
I go an idea to get 5.2 (1509 which is cheaper by 8K) and use pre-out to another amplifier (we already have).
They drive the bedroom speakers with the amplifier instead of AVR - Speaker Selector.
What do you think of this approach?

1509 doesn't support Zone 2, which means you will be using Front L/R for external amplifier.
So you can either listen in main room using AVR, or listen in other rooms via pre-out.
Same content will be coming in front L/R and other speakers via Amp
You have to keep the Amp in switched off condition when you watch movies, otherwise all those movie sounds will be coming in all rooms

1509 doesn't support Zone 2, which means you will be using Front L/R for external amplifier.
Sorry... Another doubt.
The main L and R of AVR will drive the bookshelf. And surround will play the celling in living room.
And the pre out will be fed to external Amp. The zones (bedrooms) will be driven by the external Amp.
I need to switch off the external Amp to shut the Zone speakers.
When On, the same audio will play in living room and Zones.

Is this correct understanding?

Sorry... Another doubt.
The main L and R of AVR will drive the bookshelf. And surround will play the celling in living room.
And the pre out will be fed to external Amp. The zones (bedrooms) will be driven by the external Amp.
I need to switch off the external Amp to shut the Zone speakers.
When On, the same audio will play in living room and Zones.

Is this correct understanding?

Yes.
If the plan is to use the setup only for music and you will be playing from single source for front bookshelf speakers, living room and other rooms.

Hi. Looking for inputs for setting up home audio / theater for a friend.
He already has fixed JBL Ceiling Speakers 2 each in 4 bedrooms and 2 in living room. JBL 8124 and 8128 (25 Watt, 8 Ohm).

Need help on 4 aspects:

1. Looking for recommendation on good Tower Speaker pair (budget 50 K).
2. Would a 5.2 AVR (e.g. Marantz NR1509) be able to drive the 2 Towers using Main L and R O/P and the other 10 ceiling speakers using Surround O/P? Is any additional hardware needed to make it happen? Or do we have to go for a 7.2?
3. Depending on the answer to #2, would be good to get recommendation on AVR options. Looking for budget options (maybe 30 K to 50 K)?
4. Planning to skip Subwoofer and Center right now as considering Tower and more focused towards audio. Hope this makes sence.

Thanks,

Kamal
Are you finding for multiroom audio . Then you must fir Single board computer based multiroom audio systems.
If you are intetested can PM me.
I am builder from from kolkata and custom build for you.

Back