Back to tubes

Congrats Sid
Do you store your music in the internal 2 TB HDD or access it from NAS
Ideally it should make zero difference as there is a caching SSD in the server

Also I am assuming you use the USB output to connect to your dac, so which USB cable do you use from server to dac ?

Congrats Sid. But we have come to expect more detailed impressions from you :).
Do let us have more, thanks

Congrats Sid
Do you store your music in the internal 2 TB HDD or access it from NAS
Ideally it should make zero difference as there is a caching SSD in the server

Also I am assuming you use the USB output to connect to your dac, so which USB cable do you use from server to dac ?
I am accessing it from a 1tb seagate ssd for now. Will transfer to internal storage later. Yes I am using USB cable from Lavricables.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reference-...ble-1m-Silber-Kabel-Klangleiter-/172335998548
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Congrats Sid. But we have come to expect more detailed impressions from you :).
Do let us have more, thanks
Thanks. I want to listen for an extended period of time maybe 50 hours before I pen detailed observations. Then I will report back.
Cheers,
Sid

Additionally, the aurender conductor app, along with the AMM software are totally idiot proof (for novice streamer users like me). The ease of setup and use of this, though it involves a tiny bit of networking finagling, is great. Compared to the SOTM setup which I struggled with for a couple of days (and even struggling now), this is a breeze (had it setup and playing music in half hour - and that time was to scan my files). Not much more difficult than inserting a CD and hitting play.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes the app is very good,that's what I read
By any chance do you know if it does dsd upsampling as an option?

Nothing mentioned on the website , infact they have not wirtten anything about which cpu they use except for HDD capacity

Yes the app is very good,that's what I read
By any chance do you know if it does dsd upsampling as an option?

Nothing mentioned on the website , infact they have not wirtten anything about which cpu they use except for HDD capacity
Not sure Rikhav, currently I am playing native dsd128 without any issue, haven't tried up sampling.
Cheers,
Sid

I also have to mention that the customer support of Aurender is simply outstanding. I am getting replies to my e-mails in a few hours at most. A very refreshing experience after having being majorly disappointed with some other manufacturers/distributors recently.
Cheers,
Sid

So after spending about 30 hours or so listening to music from the Aurender I have formed some firm impressions. The major difference that I can tell between my music pc with Jriver mc22 and the Aurender is that the Aurender is very transparent to the source of music. For instance a well recorded redbook or DSD file sounds simply superb while playing back from the Aurender - while though it sounds good from the music pc it is not as transparent. Evidently the same goes for indifferent recordings, they don't sound great on the Aurender, and the pc is more forgiving. However it is this difference that makes me consider the Aurender and other streamers of its ilk as the next step up from a music PC. I know that the Aurender is also a computer but evidently there is great synergy from the optimization between its software and hardware that perhaps is more difficult for a lay user to achieve with a music PC and various media player softwares (free or otherwise). Anyways I am happy to settle down with the Aurender for now, I think it is an excellent source that complements my system very well and takes it to the next level. And one more thing I would like to add, as much as there are SQ difference between computers, the bigger gains are from the DAC connected to the computer. It is much easier to discern the SQ gains with a better DAC.
Cheers,
Sid

A recent addition to my setup. The Bricasti M1se DAC. It is sounding phenomenal in my system, despite having approx. 10 hours of use, and is the best DAC I have heard in my system so far. There is so much more transparency, presence and detail than I have ever heard before. Excellent guidance and support from Bricasti as well - they are one of the few handful of companies' who actually place the customer first.
Cheers,
Sidbricasti.jpg

Congrats again SID
Does this go in the main setup or the secondary setup ?

Congrats again SID
Does this go in the main setup or the secondary setup ?
It is in my main setup Rikhav. I have been searching for a good DAC in the $10k range for the past 2-3 years. I was wary of high end companies that do not offer any customer service after the deal (having burnt my hands once or twice already), so I took my time and did my research. I heard the Bricasti M1 a few years ago before and really liked it but for some reason didn't buy it. So when I heard the M1se and communicated with Brian Zolner - who was extremely helpful - I decided to go for it. Needless to say it is sounding superb in my setup - a real step up from all the DAC's I have had so far.
Cheers,
Sid

A recent addition to my setup. The Bricasti M1se DAC. It is sounding phenomenal in my system, despite having approx. 10 hours of use, and is the best DAC I have heard in my system so far. There is so much more transparency, presence and detail than I have ever heard before. Excellent guidance and support from Bricasti as well - they are one of the few handful of companies' who actually place the customer first.
Cheers,
SidView attachment 28035

Superb setup and reviewed! Doesn't Aurender N100H come with an inbuilt dac that you went for a stand alone Bricasti M1se?

Superb setup and reviewed! Doesn't Aurender N100H come with an inbuilt dac that you went for a stand alone Bricasti M1se?
No the Aurender does not have a inbuilt DAC, and even if it did (as do some of the higher end Aurender models), I would doubt seriously if it can match the performance of the Bricasti.
This is in another league entirely.
Cheers,
Sid

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back