Bad soundstage in my HT for stereo

So what's the fundamental difference between stereo amp and avr when playing same stereo music
Fundamental difference is that in a receiver, analog signal is converted to digital , processed /dsp applied, converted back to analog and then amplified. A stereo amp skips all that and directly amplifies the analog signal. Hence a stereo amp will always sound better than a receiver of the same price segment.

MaSh;

where did you get them and for how much? I thought its better to upgrade along with the center speaker so that is good for movies as well.
Sorry for late reply. I bought it off Amazon. The seller was one from mumbai. Did you buy any bookshelves yet?

Fundamental difference is that in a receiver, analog signal is converted to digital , processed /dsp applied, converted back to analog and then amplified. A stereo amp skips all that and directly amplifies the analog signal. Hence a stereo amp will always sound better than a receiver of the same price segment.

MaSh;
If one uses the analog inputs (my DAC is connected to the analog CD in on the AVR) will the AVR still do a AD/DA even in pure direct mode ? Am quite sure that it will do so in Stereo mode as it has to do the Audyssey stuff on the signal if engaged and the crossover stuff etc etc.

If one uses the analog inputs (my DAC is connected to the analog CD in on the AVR) will the AVR still do a AD/DA even in pure direct mode ? Am quite sure that it will do so in Stereo mode as it has to do the Audyssey stuff on the signal if engaged and the crossover stuff etc etc.
Yes in a receiver there is never a pass through, it is always converted to digital and back to analog even if it is to check whether a change is to be made or not. Atleast that is how it is in most receivers.

MaSh

Yes in a receiver there is never a pass through, it is always converted to digital and back to analog even if it is to check whether a change is to be made or not. Atleast that is how it is in most receivers.

MaSh
There was a reply by FM when l said similar in another thread -
He said, in pure direct mode ,usually its pass through as volume controller doesn't need a digital signal. Not finding that thread now.

There was a reply by FM when l said similar in another thread -
He said, in pure direct mode ,usually its pass through as volume controller doesn't need a digital signal. Not finding that thread now.
Well the reason for the massive confusion is that no manufacturer clearly states what actually happens or doesn't happen. Denon says, unnecessary circuits , display, tone controls, audyssey, dynamic volume, etc is uncontrollable or something similar. But does not say that analog is not digitised, which in my opinion happens for any analog source.

MaSh

I also have YAMAHA YHT299 and I recently upgraded the fronts to YAMAHA NS333 book shelf speakers, trust me, what an upgrade its been !
The stock speaker package of yamaha HTiB are not good in my opinion, its just OK.
Is the Avr(HTR-3066) good enough for NS333? I also own a yht299 and thinking of upgrading front speakers

Well the reason for the massive confusion is that no manufacturer clearly states what actually happens or doesn't happen. Denon says, unnecessary circuits , display, tone controls, audyssey, dynamic volume, etc is uncontrollable or something similar. But does not say that analog is not digitised, which in my opinion happens for any analog source.

MaSh
In Yamaha, pure direct completely bypasses the digital circuitry. The volume control is in analogue domain.

"Pure Direct mode is a feature offered by many Yamaha receivers. When engaged, it feeds sound directly to the amplifier and bypasses any DSP processing that might otherwise color the signal, ensuring the best possible high-fidelity sound from all audio sources – even USB and HDMI inputs. The end result is a more realistic sound and a deepening of the listening experience, making it more enjoyable than ever."

1664277050991.png

Is the Avr(HTR-3066) good enough for NS333? I also own a yht299 and thinking of upgrading front speakers
Yes ! HTR-3066 is fine for NS333. I am using since May this year, and trust me when I say, its the best upgrade that I have done.
The music quality is something else on this!. Please note that HTR-3066 is an entry level AVR , and quality will definitely improve when you upgrade your AVR using same NS333.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back