Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys thanks for all the detailed encounters, word by word narrations leading to the D'day.

Those pictures really helped me to relate to the faces, equipment providing us some idea about the event and also gave me an insight on high end equip and the sound signatures of various equipment.

I can clearly imagine the amount of fun you guys had @ Bangalore HFV Meet.:clapping:

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Guys thanks for all the detailed encounters, word by word narrations leading to the D'day.

Those pictures really helped me to relate to the faces, equipment providing us some idea about the event and also gave me an insight on high end equip and the sound signatures of various equipment.

I can clearly imagine the amount of fun you guys had @ Bangalore HFV Meet.:clapping:

--
helium

hi heliumflight,

i read your earlier thread about your B&W loudspeakers.

while i was at bangalore for the HFV meet, i had the opportunity of having breakfast with santosh (santhol2) and his family - and also to listen to his pair of standmount B&W speakers - in a beautiful, light-accented audio-video room - the ceiling has star-lighting and one experiences the sensation of being in an hedonistic paradise far away from the hustle and bustle, and the narrow roads of bangalore!!

cutting to the quick, the B&W speakers (i forget the model number) really startled me when i first heard them - extremely clear and detailed presentation and the coherence was first class! venkatcr (who had earlier experience santhosh's home-theatre with the optoma HD projector) and i had a long listening session, and i must say those B&W speakers were truly impressive.

regards

hi heliumflight,

i read your earlier thread about your B&W loudspeakers.

while i was at bangalore for the HFV meet, i had the opportunity of having breakfast with santosh (santhol2) and his family - and also to listen to his pair of standmount B&W speakers - in a beautiful, light-accented audio-video room - the ceiling has star-lighting and one experiences the sensation of being in an hedonistic paradise far away from the hustle and bustle, and the narrow roads of bangalore!!

cutting to the quick, the B&W speakers (i forget the model number) really startled me when i first heard them - extremely clear and detailed presentation and the coherence was first class! venkatcr (who had earlier experience santhosh's home-theatre with the optoma HD projector) and i had a long listening session, and i must say those B&W speakers were truly impressive.

regards

Thanks Suri for your kind words:). The model number is B&W DM610. I am eager to listen to Helium's DM4s when I get a chance, have heard lot of good things about them:)

Last edited:
Thanks Suri for your kind words:). The model number is B&W DM610. I am eager to listen to Helium's DM4s when I get a chance, have heard lot of good things about them:)

suri/ santhol2- When you plan to come to New Delhi, pm me and come over.

thought i'd post this here cos its a direct fall out of the bangalore meet. so people can see how meets benefit each other :)

what you're seeing is the place where my cd player used to be. sacked it on saturday! make way for ze squeezebox duet!

thanks george for the demo and thanks heliumflight for asking for help. in helping you i discovered i wanted the thingie myself!

Last edited:

thought i'd post this here cos its a direct fall out of the bangalore meet. so people can see how meets benefit each other :)

what you're seeing is the place where my cd player used to be. sacked it on saturday! make way for ze squeezebox duet!

thanks george for the demo and thanks heliumflight for asking for help. in helping you i discovered i wanted the thingie myself!

It will be a good idea to buy 2 together. If you plan to get one from the U.S, I'll send you the money to get 2 or...

Rediff website- 19k
Logitech(r) Squeezebox gifts in india at rediff shopping.

North- 19, 087k
http://www.20north.com/Logitech-Sque...pid=B000VZL9C2

--
helium

heliumflight,

no real advantage to buying two together. they aint gonna give you a discount ;) you might as well buy it and have it shipped direct to your door :)

also am looking at the duet which has a color remote while you're looking at the classic sb.

regards

The duet though a little more expensive is a more sophisticated model. A friend who has been envious of my SB, got a Duet a month ago via his son who came from the US and now swears by it-in the short span of a month! All of us who use the SB on this forum have been singing its praises I think..

George

hi george,

i've read many reviews of the sb duet controller remote hanging, waking up slowly after sleep mode. could you check with your friend as to issues he's had. they might have been sorted out cos most of the reviews i've seen are from 2008. would appreciate it.

thanks!

Stevie

Let me know if you want to go to his place and check it out-not a problem.He's a school buddy of mine and known for many decades!

George

That would be great! It would really benefit me atleast to take a decision based on your judgement.

I'm not too much concerend about the looks or the fancy features but only the sound quality as in, is the internal DAC of the Duet that much different than the classic?

--
helium

hi heliumflight,

the older classic had the burr brown dac the new ones have the wolfson dac i think. you can check out exactly which one at the specs page on logitech website. both are pretty much the same.

also remember you're considering 128kbps internet streams :) but you should not be worrying bout the dacs cos you've got your external dac right?

regards

hi heliumflight,

the older classic had the burr brown dac the new ones have the wolfson dac i think. you can check out exactly which one at the specs page on logitech website. both are pretty much the same.

also remember you're considering 128kbps internet streams :) but you should not be worrying bout the dacs cos you've got your external dac right?

regards

Yes I have a Beresford and that's why I prefer the Classic.

But I did check amazon.com, the video for the use of the Logitech Squeezebox Duet Wi-Fi Internet Radio and it is awesome!

Amazon.com: Logitech Squeezebox Duet Wi-Fi Internet Radio: Electronics

Are there any plans of a second Bangalore HFV meet..Am confirmed to be in the city the first 3 weeks of March. Would love a mini-meet if we can't get a who shin dig going like last time...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back