Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

Can we record parts of the presentations/demos on video and share it here later for others? Of course, only with the consent of the people presenting. It would be great if someone can bring his or her tripod and cam. I'm not sure how feasible this is and what it takes to shoot a decent video with comprehensible audio, but people who do, please pitch in.

i will bring my tripod and dslr, but no video

Thanks everyone for sending your responses. This exercise helped us get clarity on actual numbers, interests, genres etc thus helping us plan the meet better.

Raghu has collated the responses and will be sending an email to all participants with details of the meet. He requested me to pass on the good news that we are in a position to accommodate (with a few standing) everyone who PM-ed Raghu till date:cheers:. As much as we'd like to, we are unable to accommodate any more.

Last edited:
Well said Santhosh..All you other guys out there- the silent ones- it's toooo laaaate.
We will give you guys priority boarding on the next event.

For the ones who responded, we will make every effort to make it as interesting and educational as possible. Santhosh and I are travelling over the next few days, and will be back early next week, when we will start contacting the volunteers.

Cheers

Madhu and Reji are two volunteers, today Ramesh also called and said he would be willing to help in anyway. Accordingly since Raghu( I met him yesterday) is coordinating, any one else willing to step up and volunteer, do let him know by PM, with subject matter "Volunteer"-he said he is getting quite a few PMs these days!.

During the course of next week, when we are in town, we will plan out things a bit more.

Cheers

GeorgeO,

We have the following volunteers -
1. Arun HC - Still Photography and uploading
2. Ramesh - to gather the music tracks
3. ?????? - Videography

Who can takeup the Videography?

Originally Posted by santhol2 View Post
Please find below the 5 systems in the order that they will be auditioned on that day.

System_1
This system is made up of components brought in by our members.
Source -

Squeezebox Touch by GeorgeO
Thorens TD 309 Turntable by Abhishek

Phonostage - Lyrita Tube Phono by Rajiv or Lehmann Audio Black Cube by Santhosh (will discuss with Rajiv and confirm)
Amplification - Acoustic Portrait PM-1 along with Acoustic Portrait Dual Monoblocks brought in by gvenu
Speakers - DIY MTM bookshelves brought in by t.anthony
ICs & Speaker Cables - Van Den Hul D102 MKIII Interconnects, VDH Audioquest Indigo Plus Speaker Cables brought in by Santhosh(myself)

System_2
Brought in by Akash Dembla of M/s Final Touch (Lakozy's Dealer in Bangalore)
Source - NAD CDP
Amplification - NAD 356 - (MRP Rs.46000 pair)
Speakers -

PSB Image B6 Bookshelves - (MRP Rs.30000 pair)
PSB Image T6 Floorstanders - (MRP Rs.77500 pair)
PSB Synchrony 2B Bookshelves - (MRP Rs.88500 pair)

ICs & Speaker Cables - No info yet
* Will let Akash know that he should get max two pairs as we will be unable to do justice to three pairs in 1 hour

System_3
Brought in by Abhishek Biswas of M/s Audiodynamics
Source -
Thorens TD 309 Turntable (MRP Rs.92000/-)
Speakers
Heco Audio Celan XT 701 Floorstander (MRP Rs.140000/- pair)
Amplification
DIY Pre-Amp
Advance Acoustic MAA 706 Mono Block Amplifiers (MRP Rs.148000/- pair)
ICs & Speaker Cables - No info yet

System_4
Brought in by Jochen Semler of 'The Listening Room'
Source -
Einstein 'The Last Record Player' (MRP ~Rs. 2,00,000/- this CDP is not produced anymore and this price is based on the retail price in the year 2000. If it were to be still in production it would be approx. 30% more expensive today.)
Amplification -
Einstein 'The Absolute Tune' Hybrid Integrated Amplifier (MRP Rs. 3,86,750/-)
Speakers -
Blumenhofer Fun17 speakers (MRP Rs. 2,86,000/-)
ICs & Speaker Cables -
All cables by Einstein. No MRPs as these are not produced anymore.

System_5
Sridhar of ARN Systems to confirm a week before the meet.

Abhishek how come no exposure demo??

Hi Friends,

Instead of the Thorens TD 309 turntable in System 1, which will anyways be there for audition in System 3, I plan to bring in the Exposure 3010 S2 CD Player (MRP Rs. 1,10,000/-). All Cabling will be Atlas Cables.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards

any one interested in photography among the ones attending the meet, can volunteer to assist me, and they can sure learn a trick or two from me;) in photography...

Arun,

I can assist you during the event. I have a canon IXUS 960IS dont know it can be of any help. I am not happy with its night shot and low lighting picture capturing capabilities.

Happy to coordinate with you for preprations leading upto the event.

Cheers

Charan

any one interested in photography among the ones attending the meet, can volunteer to assist me, and they can sure learn a trick or two from me;) in photography...

Arun,

I can assist you during the event. I have a canon IXUS 960IS dont know it can be of any help. I am not happy with its night shot and low lighting picture capturing capabilities.

Happy to coordinate with you for preprations leading upto the event.

Cheers

Charan
thanks charan,

i may need your assistance in placing the off camera flash, will let u know in detail on the day of the meet, do bring ur camera though it might come in handy.
cheers
Arun

GeorgeO,

We have the following volunteers -
1. Arun HC - Still Photography and uploading
2. Ramesh - to gather the music tracks
3. ?????? - Videography

Who can takeup the Videography?

Thanks Arunhc for volunteering for the photography mate.

Thanks Ramesh. Have you found all the tracks in .WAV or .FLAC format? Do shout for help if required.

Hi Friends,

Instead of the Thorens TD 309 turntable in System 1, which will anyways be there for audition in System 3, I plan to bring in the Exposure 3010 S2 CD Player (MRP Rs. 1,10,000/-). All Cabling will be Atlas Cables.

Sure mate, we'll get some exposure to the 3010 S2 CDP:eek:hyeah:.

George/Raghu/Santhosh, Any possibility of accomodating one more for the event?
kksunil, please PM Raghu for this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Folks

We are down to the last few days before the event.

Santhosh is firming up the agenda for Sunday which will be mailed out. The event is planned to run from around 10AM to around 4PM. Thanks to active support and encouragement from Anutone it looks like all those who attend will enjoy the event. I second Santhosh's suggestion of name badges-it might be a good idea for everyone to bring one along to avoid last minute hiccups on site.

Raghu:

I mentioned two more names in an earlier post, of volunteers, please add them.

Folks

We are down to the last few days before the event.

Santhosh is firming up the agenda for Sunday which will be mailed out. The event is planned to run from around 10AM to around 4PM. Thanks to active support and encouragement from Anutone it looks like all those who attend will enjoy the event. I second Santhosh's suggestion of name badges-it might be a good idea for everyone to bring one along to avoid last minute hiccups on site.

Raghu:

I mentioned two more names in an earlier post, of volunteers, please add them.

George,
Raghu is making some minor changes to the agenda I shared with you both yesterday. He will be posting it here later today.

Regarding the badges, Raghu has kindly agreed to organise for these. Participants would need to pick up their badges/tags from the security desk at the entrance.

George,
Raghu is making some minor changes to the agenda I shared with you both yesterday. He will be posting it here later today.

Regarding the badges, Raghu has kindly agreed to organise for these. Participants would need to pick up their badges/tags from the security desk at the entrance.

Lets not burden Raghu with too may things,need be,i can arrange to get the cards with the tag done.

Chandru

Hi arun remember me few days back i PM ed u with a facebook link to my album...
i Would be happy to co ordinate and volunteer.
I have a canon 550D with kit lens and 50mm f1.8.

and Raghu iam ready to volunteer any help plz let me know....I pmed George long back on this topic....
Excited as the day is nearing :yahoo:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back