Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

Hi I would add some Indian music to the demo songs. A lot of them on the forum would be interested to hear opinions on how Indian music fares on the various systems.

I need a bit of help-the designated pen drive that I had planed to use on my SB Touch has packed up and I don't seem to be able to locate the two other drives that I am supposed to have lying around the house, so could someone bring along a drive to copy the sample tracks to playback?

Thanks

All the best guys! I am sure it will be the most exciting thing happening in Bangalore tomorrow.

I was contemplating making a demo CD and offering it as my long distance contribution, but I mixed up the dates. I thought the event was next weekend!

The demo cd had a mix of rock, jazz, vocals and classical music and went something like:

Awake,Ghost Song,Dawn's Highway/Doors
Riviera Paradise/Stevie Ray Vaughan
Heaven/Talking Heads
Moondance/Van Morrison
Hey Nineteen/Steely Dan
Sinnerman/Nina Simone
Georgia On My Mind/Ray Charles
Summertime/Miles Davis
My Favorite Things/John Coltrane
Summer (4 Seasons)/Vivaldi
Allegro (Piano Concerto 20)/Mozart
Allegro (Symphony 5)/Beethoven

Is everybody in ? :)

Hi I would add some Indian music to the demo songs. A lot of them on the forum would be interested to hear opinions on how Indian music fares on the various systems.

Thanks for your suggestion Prem. Well based on the songs request list from the registered participants I have prepared this final list of songs. There were only 2 regional tracks in this request list ...

1) DevD (Hicknal, Mahi Manu)
2) khwaja Mere Khwaja (No idea which movie/album)

These were taken off from the list after speaking to the respective persons who had requested these tracks. They chose international tracks instead of these regional tracks.

Cheers

I need a bit of help-the designated pen drive that I had planed to use on my SB Touch has packed up and I don't seem to be able to locate the two other drives that I am supposed to have lying around the house, so could someone bring along a drive to copy the sample tracks to playback?

Thanks

Done! I will bring it along :)

All the best guys! I am sure it will be the most exciting thing happening in Bangalore tomorrow.

I was contemplating making a demo CD and offering it as my long distance contribution, but I mixed up the dates. I thought the event was next weekend!
Thanks Ajay, thoughtful of you:).

Prem & Ajay, you should make it to our meet next time around:).

Ramesh has kindly agreed to bring the same tracks on a USB stick.

Thanks for your suggestion Prem. Well based on the songs request list from the registered participants I have prepared this final list of songs. There were only 2 regional tracks in this request list ...

1) DevD (Hicknal, Mahi Manu)
2) khwaja Mere Khwaja (No idea which movie/album)

These were taken off from the list after speaking to the respective persons who had requested these tracks. They chose international tracks instead of these regional tracks.
Cheers

Thanks for your efforts Ramesh.

Thanks Santosh. Will try to make it next time! Apart from the audio exposure, it will be a pleasure meeting all the great guys from Bangalore and nearby places, whom I have only 'met' on the forum

I have found the SQ from SB Touch to be marginally better when a USB device is directly connected to it as compared to a wireless connection. I hope you will be auditioning both options with the Touch.

The option of turning of the display by reducing brightness to zero also yields a little improvement. Sound becomes cleaner, darker, with less background noise.

I have only used analogue out from the Touch which is pretty good, provided you use decent interconnects. It would be interesting to compare the sound from the on-board dac with the sound from a midfi dac and cdp.

I am not sure whether minor variations in SQ will be audible in an audition area where 40-50 people are present. Inevitably there would be some fidgeting, coughing and loud breathing by salivating audiophiles :)

I hope elementary rules will be applied during audition. No conversation and all cell phones to be switched off during audition. In fact it would be better to switch of cell phones for the entire duration of the event!

There are many cross roads in that area. Folks could just drive around and you are sure to get a parking in five minutes :)

It is good to park looking at the sign boards by traffic police.
In our road we have parking only for wheeler (no 2wheeler), check the 1,3,5 & 2,4,6 with car or bike image on it. The parallel road has wheeler parking.

I am not sure whether minor variations in SQ will be audible in an audition area where 40-50 people are present. Inevitably there would be some fidgeting, coughing and loud breathing by salivating audiophiles :)

I hope elementary rules will be applied during audition. No conversation and all cell phones to be switched off during audition. In fact it would be better to switch of cell phones for the entire duration of the event!

Very valid points there Ajay. We'll probably instruct everyone to put their mobiles on silent mode.

Anybody from near Sarjapur Road/Belandur area?
We should have thought of this before:sad:. People, please carpool if possible even now.

We should have thought of this before:sad:. People, please carpool if possible even now.

yup, finding a parking place will be easier with less number of cars. I will take my car. Anybody coming from around Sarjapur area can come with me.

---
- Amit
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will be leaving from koramangala 7th block at 9 am, anybody wanna join is most welcome( am leaving little early to plan for photography)

Arun

Came back from the HiFi meet an hour ago. Managed to listen to the afternoon session (systems 3 & 4). The music was very good. I will let someone who listened to all systems post a detailed review/description of the systems. Thanks a lot to Santosh, George, Ramesh, Dr Bass and other HFV member organizers/volunteers for a very professionally run meet. A big thank you to Anutone team for accommodating us and their hospitality. BTW, I have bought sound treatment panels from Anutone and they were wonderful supporting me throughout from initial discussions to installation. So, their interest in supporting the HiFi community of Bangalore is no surprise to me.
Managed to speak to a few during the break including Jochen. Great meet. Thanks everyone. Cheers.

Re: Bangalore Hifi meet 2011 - enjoyed alot

HI ,
It was pleasure today to sit from 9.30 am to 5.30pm (still going on) .no pain while sitting for such long duration.excellent arrangement by rgahu,santosh and ANUTONE .HATS OFF for arrangements.
GOOD SYSTEMS AND GEARS.
CAPT RAJESH AND PRAVEEN LANDED FROM CHENNAI.GREAT ENTHUSIASTIC.
SANTOSH AND NAVEEN PRESENTED ON ACOUSTICS.
GEORGE AND ANIL ENLIGHTENED US ON DIY PROJECTS WITH THEIR PROFOUND KNOWLEDGE IN SHORT AND SWEET.
GREAT SPEAKERS BY ANTONY DIY SPEAKERS AND STANDS.-REAL GENIUS :clapping:
NICE LUNCH ,THANKS TO SPONSORS.THANKS TO ARUNHC AND MADHU7 FOR PHOTOGRAPHY.THANKS TO RAMESH FOR AUDIO CDS
THEN ONE BY ONE THREE GEARS FOLLOWED.
AT LAST LANDED GUY WHO WAS SITTING AT CORNER OF THE HALL COOLLY TILL 4.30.GOT UP ,LIFTED THOSE HEAVY Blumenhofer Fun17 speakers (MRP Rs. 2,86,000/-) LIKE GIRL FRIEND IN ARMS ,ARRANGED Einstein 'The Absolute Tune' Hybrid Integrated Amplifier (MRP Rs. 3,86,750/-)
Speakers - AND SWITCHED ON Einstein 'The Last Record Player' (MRP ~Rs. 2,00,000/- WITH GENERATOR.
ALL OF SUDDEN EVERYBODY GOT MESMERIZED TO THIS GEAR OF Jochen Semler of 'The Listening Room' AND EVERYBODY MAINTAINED SILENCE
ONLY MUSIC AND MUSIC. ROOM FILLED WITH 100% ATTENTION ,
LISTENING TO TRACK OF Allan Taylor,The Traveller,Eagles - Hotel California,Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler - Private Investigations,beethovan symphony 5 & 7.EVERYBODY WAS QUIET LIKE ALL HAVE ACHIEVED SONIC NIRVANA.GREAT GEAR WISH I HAD MONEY TO BUY IT N SPOT:sad:
THATS ALL STILL THE HANGOVER OF Jochen Semler of 'The Listening Room'GEAR NOT REDUCING , MIND IS THINKING OF CHANGING AMP AND SPEAKERS BUT BRAIN IS REMINDING OF COST AROUND RS 9 LAKH FOR JOCHEN SEMLER'S GEAR.
HOPE MY HANGOVER OF JOHN'S GEAR WILL BE DOWN SOON IN COMING HOURS ,DAYS .
FINALLY THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS BANGALORE HIFI MEET COME TRUE.Thanks TO RAJAN BABU AND RAMESH BABU FOR ENCOURAGING ME .
THANKS FOR HIFIVISION FOR SUCH GREAT PLATFORM. .
HOPE THIS PATH & JOURNEY WILL CONTINUE.:clapping::yahoo::)

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back