Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

it was a great meet, to listen " Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Amstrong - They Can't Take That Away From Me" on Blumenhofer Fun17 :eek:hyeah: O Yeah.
thanks to HFV and the organizing team.

Arun

Thanks to all the buddies who made the HFV Bangalore 2011 meet a successful & a memorable one.

Special thanks to ...

:) Santhosh for organising this meet ... great job pal ... please continue doing it
:) Anutone staff Navin & Raghav for hosting this meet & for the hospitality
:) Jochen,Abhishek,Venu/Antony & Akash for getting their audio gear for demo
:) George & Anil for sharing their knowledge on DIY stuff
:) Chennai HFV family members Rajiv, Rajesh, Richie & Anu
:) This year meet's official Photographers Arun & Madhu

'N' finally I have to thank myself for getting the Demo disc :eek:hyeah:

Oops ... sorry for missing out sud98 ... (I was not aware that there was a video coverage :p ... Thank you pal :))

Last edited:
Fantastic meet, had a fabulous time meeting friends from the Bangalore audio circle, meeting people whom I had spoken over phone before, making new friends and listening to some great gear.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the meet specially:
- George & Anilva for sharing their knowledge & experience and also for encouraging members to DIY
- Santhosh (yup, thanking myself similar to Ramesh's previous post:D) and Navin (Anutone Expert on Acoustics) for sharing with all about the importance of room acoustics, room issues and fixes
- T.Anthony for sharing details/experiences on his MTM Speaker DIY build
- George & Raghu for being a great team to work with in coordinating this event
- Anutone for being a gracious host/sponsor
- members (Ramesh for preparing the CD, arunhc & Madhu for photography, sud98 for videography) who volunteered for activities on short notice
- members from outside Bangalore for your support and suggestions (sumit(lakozy), prem, ajay124, hiten, venkatcr etc to name a few)

Special mention of our Chennai members Rajiv, CaptRajesh and the Grubyhalo couple (Ritchie and his music enthusiast wife, Anu) for travelling all the way from Chennai to the event.

Must also commend the efforts put in by carrying some really heavy gear to the auditorium on 2nd Floor:
- Commercial members(Akash, Abhishek, Jochen) who brought their gear and setting it up for demo for all of us to listen
- Members (gvenu, t.antony, abhishek, George, Abhi[Dr.Bass] and myself) for getting expensive and heavy gear over to the meet
- Members for helping ^ carry and setup their stuff
- Abhi(Dr.Bass) for inviting us to his home to listen to his "out of the world" system - A system that he has painstakingly put together and man!! his efforts show. Everyone who commented on Abhi's sale thread about the synergy of the entire chain, I feel you. Abhi, I know you are travelling and gonna be busy next few months away from home. Wish you luck in your future endeavours and in your next system.

One of the best sundays I have spent in the last few months. What a Day!!

PS: Arun & others: please post pictures at the earliest

Last edited:
Why are 'them' pics taking so long to be uploaded .......:mad:?
I missed this get-together by 2 days ..... I know it was running full .... but would have gate-crashed anyway ..... :)

Thanks a lot for the one of the memorable day of my life. It was a wonderlful platform to meet HI-FI Pals. Special thanks to Anutone, Santhosh and George for organising the event.

I got a chance to listen to some wonderful gears by Venu, Dr. Bass, Abhishek, Anthony and Jochen.

Why are 'them' pics taking so long to be uploaded .......:mad:?
"Them" shutterbugs are very particular about how their photos look, so processing(photoshoppe, beauty treatment, makeup;) etc) takes time. I will upload a few pics that I took from my phone later today.

I missed this get-together by 2 days ..... I know it was running full .... but would have gate-crashed anyway ..... :)
Too bad buddy, would have been a pleasure to have you over:). At one point, all 35 seats were taken and still ~14-15 people were standing with place for more.

Last edited:
Hi,

The B'lore HiFi meet was fantastic. Superbly organised. :clapping:

Thanks to all who helped organise this wonderful get together.

It was great to meet with forum members and interact with the DIY gurus and HiFi enthusiasts.

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks to anutone.

It was wonderful to listen to those gears with the demo disc of Ramesh. Thanks Ramesh.
Good work anutone!!!
And santosh - Congrats on winning the cable!!
So you have already hooked up the gifted "cable" with your gears!! How is the sound quality now?

Ok now awaiting for the snaps here!!

It was a great show by all the organisers of the B'lore Hifi meet. Kudos to the fantastic team effort. Spl thanks to Santosh, the driving force behind the show. Want to thank each me the organisers but is not possible as I'm typing from my mob. It's high time those in other cities like Hyd, Mumbai, Pune, C'cutta organise such meets.

Great Day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My videographing was meant as a backup as I thought someone more professional might do a better job.

So, I have the following videos

1. Introductions
2. Presentations - Acoustics and DIY
3. I have recorded the audio of the first song - 'The Traveller' by Allan Taylor in all the systems - PSB/NAD, DIY/AP, Heco/Thorens and the Blumenhofer/Einstein (with and without the power regenerator).

Since its a HD recording, its slightly painful process of editing, so anyone with better skills, if you can volunteer for the editing, I will be happy to share and work with them.

Overall, a very happy Sunday to spend listening to equipments from 1 lakh to 10 lakhs.

I just dont know what to write. This meet was just outstanding. The people, arrangements, planning, facility, food and the SYSTEMS together made up a meet which I will remember for a long long time. I can imagine the kind of effort that would have gone behind arranging such an extensive meet while keeping up with demands of very very demanding audiophiles. The music was awesome and was just right for an event like this.
The goal of this meet (apart from socializing) was to demonstrate the difference in music reproduction as one climbs up the value chain in high end audio. That was perfectly demonstrated...KUDOS!! But it was also demonstrated how a good DIY product can actually be far superior in sound quality than what its price suggests. It was an overwhelming experience to be a part of this meet before I wind from Bangalore:sad:.. Thanks a lot to all the organizers and presenters (Santhosh, Anutone, George, Anil, Antone, Abhishek and Jochen) to have put up such grand show. Special thanks to Jochen who informed me about this meet, I actually missed this thread and would have most probably not known about it but Jochen gave me the information and that was all I needed:yahoo:.

Santhosh, Rajiv, Antony, Capt Rajesh, Sajith, Sunil, Ramesh...all you guys who dropped over to my place after the meet, I just cannot thank you enough. I know it was not easy to go for another listening session after a whole day at the meet. But you guys were bravehearts :p. I do not have the skill to DIY so I end up buying branded products but I never knew it takes so much to get a system to sing even around proven branded products, I only had the option of trying to achieve my version of good sound as new things unfolded every day during this journey. And I just cannot express enough the joy of being able to demonstrate the whole story within one evening and hearing you guys being convinced about it. This journey cannot be trodden alone even with the best systems and music at ones disposal, at least I am not a guy who can do that. I know I am going to miss my Bangalore days of audio big time for the very same reason. I will try to come whenever I get an opportunity and catch up with you guys. This was the best farewell I could have got before leaving Bangalore!!!

My wife and I had a wonderful Sunday, thanks to the good folks of Bangalore. Our thanks to Anutone for hosting us and to Akash, Abhishek and Jochen for bringing their gear for demo. A special thanks to Anthony for his inspirational DIY build and Abi for his fantastic CD player. We could've just sat there listening to more music if we did not have a train to catch! We wish we could've taken up the touching offer of Abi to visit his home and listen to more music on his rig. Good luck on your move to the new country man! Our kudos to Santosh for running the show flawlessly and for all the running around. Thanks to George and Raghu for the extensive planning and preparation for the event. My thanks to Ramesh as well for running the play-list selection project. I apologize if I am forgetting anyone else who would've helped with the event. We just wish we had enough time to meet and talk to everyone who attended the event. Maybe the next-time the post-lunch session should be reserved for just meeting people? I'm hoping we'd be able to make it to the DIY session that George and Anil would be planning. All in all it was a fun day for us and it was totally worth the trip! :D

The credit goes to the organisers S/Shri Santhosh, Anutone, George, Anil, Abhishek, Antony and Jochen... It was a wonderful gathering of audiophiles. Thanks to folks for bringing their rigs to give a demo. Special thanks to audiophiles from chennai who came all the way from chennai.

cheers,

This is the best official audio meet I have ever been to.

The organization was impeccable within the given constraints. Kudos to Santhosh and Raghu who organized this show.

Anutone:
There have been many instances in the past when some of my audiophile friends have approached this organization for help with their two channel setup but had met with less than enthusiastic response since most 2-channl guys look for a balance approach which will provide value addition to the listening experience. It is good to see them opening up now to a larger audience. I can see a lot of potential here. Great work anutone !

The presentations:
Interesting stuff on DIY audio and room acoustics! These should progress towards workshops where interested individuals could participate and the knowledge gained could be shared on the boards.

The auditons:
Applauses for Jochen, Abhishek, Akash (I missed this one), Venu/anthony (acoustic portrait + diy mtms). As mentioned by DR Bass it was great to listen to systems at various price points and capabilities in the same environment with the same tracks. This is invaluable information for the members who attended. Great show !

The music:
Thanks to Ramesh for making this happen.

I was happy to meet many members who are known to me "only" by their board-names :)

Thanks to Santhosh, George and Raghu and all others for organizing this event superbly. Also thanks to Anutone for the facility, hospitality and demonstrating some useful products on acoustic treatment.

I got a chance to listen to some exotic equipment brought by Venu, Abhi, Santhosh, Abhishek, Akash and Jochen. Also thanks to Sajith, Ramesh, Richie and others for helping me in carrying my (heavy) gear from 2nd floor. I had a wonderful time interacting with fellow audiophiles from Bangalore and Chennai.

Listening to Abhi's system and about his audiophile journey was a very informative experience for me. Wish him good luck with his next system.

Last edited:
A big thanks and great going from my side too. Everything I could have said has already been said by many. I could only be there for the last two systems but from what i could see - a lot of enthu from the dealers as well as attendees. Great job !!

cheers

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks involved in organizing this fantastic event.thanks Santosh,Raghu,Venu.Abhishek,Abhi,Jochen,Anthony,Ramesh,Arun,George,Akash,Anil,Navin..

Cheers

Chandru

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back