Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

Please find below the 5 systems in the order that they will be auditioned on that day.

System_1
This system is made up of components brought in by our members.
Source -
  • Squeezebox Touch by GeorgeO
  • Thorens TD 309 Turntable by Abhishek
Phonostage - Lyrita Tube Phono by Rajiv or Lehmann Audio Black Cube by Santhosh (will discuss with Rajiv and confirm)
Amplification - Acoustic Portrait PM-1 along with Acoustic Portrait Dual Monoblocks brought in by gvenu
Speakers - DIY MTM bookshelves brought in by t.anthony
ICs & Speaker Cables - Van Den Hul D102 MKIII Interconnects, VDH Audioquest Indigo Plus Speaker Cables brought in by Santhosh(myself)

System_2
Brought in by Akash Dembla of M/s Final Touch (Lakozy's Dealer in Bangalore)
Source - NAD CDP
Amplification - NAD 356 - (MRP Rs.46000 pair)
Speakers -
  • PSB Image B6 Bookshelves - (MRP Rs.30000 pair)
  • PSB Image T6 Floorstanders - (MRP Rs.77500 pair)
  • PSB Synchrony 2B Bookshelves - (MRP Rs.88500 pair)
ICs & Speaker Cables - No info yet
* Will let Akash know that he should get max two pairs as we will be unable to do justice to three pairs in 1 hour

System_3
Brought in by Abhishek Biswas of M/s Audiodynamics
Source -
Thorens TD 309 Turntable (MRP Rs.92000/-)
Speakers
Heco Audio Celan XT 701 Floorstander (MRP Rs.140000/- pair)
Amplification
DIY Pre-Amp
Advance Acoustic MAA 706 Mono Block Amplifiers (MRP Rs.148000/- pair)
ICs & Speaker Cables - No info yet

System_4
Brought in by Jochen Semler of 'The Listening Room'
Source -
Einstein 'The Last Record Player' (MRP ~Rs. 2,00,000/- this CDP is not produced anymore and this price is based on the retail price in the year 2000. If it were to be still in production it would be approx. 30% more expensive today.)
Amplification -
Einstein 'The Absolute Tune' Hybrid Integrated Amplifier (MRP Rs. 3,86,750/-)
Speakers -
Blumenhofer Fun17 speakers (MRP Rs. 2,86,000/-)
ICs & Speaker Cables -
All cables by Einstein. No MRPs as these are not produced anymore.

System_5
Sridhar of ARN Systems to confirm a week before the meet.

Abhishek how come no exposure demo??

I would like to bring a friend. If space is a constraint, I don't mind standing out and giving my "entry pass" to him for some time :)

No Entry Pass folks:D.

But come to think of it, wouldn't it be great if all of us wear a name badge (just your name/handle written on a paper would do just fine) - especially because we are such a large group.

Guys, I havent got any response...
Sajith, no responses have gone out yet. Not until all the responses are collated after 25th July. Raghu is managing this piece.

@Srini: come over buddy. Check with Captain and Rajiv on their plans.

Raghu

I need to have either wifi or ethernet for the SqueezeBox to play, please confirm this is available.

Thanks

I have a reliance datacard if that helps. There is an application called connectify that converts your win 7 laptop to a wifi hotspot, which your squeezebox can pickup.

Hi Guys,

Apart from the given list, others please fill-in the form and PM me.
---------------------------------------------------------------
thatguy,sud98,arunhc,Square_wave,hemanth.hg,captrajesh,Charan Kumar,amitksingh2003,mukum,madhu_7,sydney,n_sachin84,raj,Chandruybl,amitkeerti,santnai,prasun.gera,hifipal4all
---------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Hifivision Handle\ID:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Your areas of interest:
Two tracks songs that would help you audition the systems critically:
Do you plan to leave early or come in late?
Will you be around for lunch?:

Please send it to me (raghumailbox) latest by Sunday, 25th July as we will be freezing the list by then. Participants are requested to follow updates on this thread regularly for any changes.

Hi Guys,

Apart from the given list, others please fill-in the form and PM me.
Please send it to me (raghumailbox) latest by Sunday, 25th July as we will be freezing the list by then. Participants are requested to follow updates on this thread regularly for any changes.

Thanks for the reminder mate. I have now PMed you my details.

Gentlemen

May I request all those who want to attend and havent sent a PM yet, please do so asap to Raghu, using the format that Santhos has suggested in an earlier post. He is coordinating and needs to have the numbers in place soon.

Thanks

Can we record parts of the presentations/demos on video and share it here later for others? Of course, only with the consent of the people presenting. It would be great if someone can bring his or her tripod and cam. I'm not sure how feasible this is and what it takes to shoot a decent video with comprehensible audio, but people who do, please pitch in.

Can we record parts of the presentations/demos on video and share it here later for others? Of course, only with the consent of the people presenting. It would be great if someone can bring his or her tripod and cam. I'm not sure how feasible this is and what it takes to shoot a decent video with comprehensible audio, but people who do, please pitch in.

Good Idea, someone can come forward to integrate this. Actually we require one person for Videography and another one for photography.

WHO CAN DO THIS?

Just wanted to add that the idea is not to capture the characteristics of the system under test on AV, but to capture the insight given by the person presenting or giving the demonstration. As long as it is visible, and 'spoken word' is clear and audible, we are good to go.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back