Bangalore retailer for pioneer dv 600-av

vashok

Hi
I read some good reviews of Pioneer DV 600-AV. Does anyone know who is the retailer in Bangalore for Pioneer where I can go and check it out ?
Anything specific which I should look out for ? I have an Onkyo SR 505 and Elac FS 58, and need to get a decent budget player. Does Pioneer also do DVD write ?

Thanks,

Ashok

vashok

Hi all
An earlier post here, gave me the answer to my own question.

Pro Audiotronics - 41529090 - Gem Plaza, Infantry Road are retailers for Pioneer electronics.

Thanks,
Ashok

metalbandit

guys can anyone tell me abt dealers in mumbai for the 600 av?

I too am planning to buy a DVD player with HDMI capabilities and HD Upscaling. How does the DV400 compare with the DV600AV in terms of Picture Quality since it is priced almost 1/3rd the price of the 600AV? I know it has SACD and DVD-A playback, but how does it perform in terms of PQ?

Last edited:

venkatcr

I too am planning to buy a DVD player with HDMI capabilities and HD Upscaling. How does the DV400 compare with the DV600AV in terms of Picture Quality since it is priced almost 1/3rd the price of the 600AV? I know it has SACD and DVD-A playback, but how does it perform in terms of PQ?

MetalBandit,

Here are the additional features of the DV-600

Plays: SACD, DVD-A
Terminals: S-Video Out, Optical Out
Decodes: DVD-A, SACD.

Other than these, the audio and video capabilities seem to be the same. If you are not interested in SACD and DVD-A, the DV-400 should suffice. I have seen the DV-400 playing The Incredibles, and it handled the high speed chase scenes extremely well. The DV-600 seems new and you may have to wait for a review.

But I suspect that in terms of picture quality and upscaling, both these players will have the same circuitry. The additional cost seems to be for SACD and DVD-A.

Cheers

square_wave

I have a brand new DV-410 for sale at 6k. Please send me a pm if you are interested. I am near 100ft road indrananagar.

Dushie

I purchased the DV-610 around a month ago for 8K from grey market.

cheers,

Dv 610 is a good model and is the latest one, heard someone in the forum bought the same from National Market for 7.5 k and its a good purchase at that price

square_wave

Dv 610 is a good model and is the latest one, heard someone in the forum bought the same from National Market for 7.5 k and its a good purchase at that price

The 610 and 410 gives the same performance for dvd video. They use the same boards. 610 has some additional boards to do Sacd, Dvd A and I think 6 channel out for DD etc?.
Now to get audiophile grade Sacd and Dvd A playback you need to invest in a good Universal player which costs upwards of 20k. Nobody uses 6 ?? channel out these days because you have a coaxial out which goes to the AV receiver.
So why invest in the DV 610 ? :confused: If you want to spend more, put in another 5k and get an Oppo. Which is what I am planning to do :)

Binu Nair

I don't think DV 410 has 5.1 ch output? bcoz i'm planning to buy Logitech Z-5500 THX-certified, 5.1 digital surround sound speaker system. Any idea wats the price (showroom / grey market) of Logitech Z-5500?

square_wave

FYI, bought DV410 for less than 4300/- from Grey Market.

Who is selling this for 4300 ? Phone number , location please ? I have some friends who want to pick up a few of these:)
Pioneer showroom sells for around 6.5 to 7k and you get these with AV retailers who source from grey market for 5 to 6k in Bangalore.

SwaFa

Who is selling this for 4300 ? Phone number , location please ? I have some friends who want to pick up a few of these:)
Pioneer showroom sells for around 6.5 to 7k and you get these with AV retailers who source from grey market for 5 to 6k in Bangalore.

I may have partially misinformed. I didn't see that the thread is specific to Banglore city.

I reside in Mumbai and this was the price I paid for the player. I remember being quoted 4500/- and after bargaining got the price to 4300/-. This was done via phone.

In Mumbai, Vile Parle area, there is a well know grey goods dealer 'Alfa' . I think it should be available here for the above price.

I bought mine around 2 months back.

Dushie

Hi Abhijit
Many of the forum users are interested in buying this player, it will be great if you can provide more information on the deal offered .

phantom76

Hi Abhijit
Many of the forum users are interested in buying this player, it will be great if you can provide more information on the deal offered .

Very true. It will be helpful if you can tell us whether you can ship it to other cities/courier charges etc.,

Get the Paradoxically Awesome Bookshelf Speaker at a limited time offer price!