bannana plugs.

Guys, Just use ISo ALCO and u will be fine.
Good/reasonable connectors that i have are the old Kimber SBAN banana that i bought at about 2 USD per connector and the Transparent Spades at 4USD. Both have to be soldered and covered with shrink. Boith are not 'gold plated' if that matters.
Tons of plated connectors i have seen (and some of my friends insist on buying them) loose contact pressure ridiculously soon and are worthless IMO.

I dont know why modern equipment comes with speaker binding posts that does not retain bare wire well. Somehow it always comes loose in a few weeks of install!!! I dont remember having such troubles with old (read 80s) gear.

Not ridiculing the guys who have "The solution' from VDH, but i think it is something very similar to ISO Alco with some additive as i had this a while ago. Cost quite a bit for the small bottle. I find ISO Alco to be as effective.
Rgds

Last edited:
Guys, Just use ISo ALCO and u will be fine.
Good/reasonable connectors that i have are the old Kimber SBAN banana that i bought at about 2 USD per connector and the Transparent Spades at 4USD. Both have to be soldered and covered with shrink. Boith are not 'gold plated' if that matters.
Tons of plated connectors i have seen (and some of my friends insist on buying them) loose contact pressure ridiculously soon and are worthless IMO.

I dont know why modern equipment comes with speaker binding posts that does not retain bare wire well. Somehow it always comes loose in a few weeks of install!!! I dont remember having such troubles with old (read 80s) gear.

Not ridiculing the guys who have "The solution' from VDH, but i think it is something very similar to ISO Alco with some additive as i had this a while ago. Cost quite a bit for the small bottle. I find ISO Alco to be as effective.
Rgds
Hi dinyaar,Is here any company or brand name for ISO Alco in our country? If so,in which quantity is it available?

Hi dinyaar,Is here any company or brand name for ISO Alco in our country? If so,in which quantity is it available?

Am sure it has some brand name Sunder but i cant recollect. In mumbai i go and buy a 500 ML bottle from lamington road from a vendor i have frequenting for years. There is some label but it has peeled of in my case.
Sorry i dug out the bottle but i have no info on the brand.
Rgds

Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse, but-

this is how i connect, and critical comments about this could help clear the air a bit more -

this a swab used to sterilize the skin surface before a hypodermic. is wetted with iso-propyl alcohol and comes in single sealed sachets and is available at chemist shops that cater to diabetics

air-conditioner pipe insulation around joint to prevent shorting

alligator clip for pressure on the joint (last cleaned 2 months ago) - the bare copper wire end seems to be not oxidized

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back