Bass n Treble update

After listening to all your tales of woe I feel sorry for you guys. I have not experienced all this myself but I'm sure in the course of time, I will add my own sorry tale and then you can feel sorry for me.

thatguy, the root of all our problems was the so-called engineer who was in charge of renovating our house, and the fact that my wife and I did not realise that we should not have trusted him. On the one hand, he was a good ideas and design man, on the other, he was both penny-pinching and a bad manager, and once the project got out of hand, it got worse with him employing cheaper and less competent workers, who, no doubt, were not being paid nearly enough to be enthusiastic.

Unfortunately, no, these people are not much respected in "the west." They are despised because they make so much money!

They also have their own problems. My best friend used to be a building-site carpenter. He is very, very good at woodwork, even an amateur boat builder. In the end, he gave up carpentry from frustration at always having to use substandard, cheaper materials, and having to bring the standard down to the price. Now he's an accountant.

Here's an English builder joke for you...

Doctor calls a plumber to fix a leak.
Plumber fixes the leak in a couple of hours. Hands over the bill.
Doctor: "What? I don't make that much in a whole day of being a doctor!"
Plumber: "Why do you think I gave up being a doctor?"

I wish those men had Internet access and could see the posts. They will probably give a much more fitting reply to these useless bhadralok calling them thieves.

As they say, there are two sides on a coin, always. Unfortunately, twain shall never meet one another.

Talking of quality labor, I was also a victim of this fiasco. Last year while repainting my 2BHK apartment before Christmas was a complete circus. The painters demands were that I pay them 500 bucks per day and that they(2 painters) would finish painting my 2BHK(1180sq ft) in 5/6 days. Obviously I had to supply them with materials.

Paid an advance of 2k and the circus started. I had taken off 3 weeks for Christmas. Waited for 4 days after I paid them the money and they never turned up. Never pick or return the calls and they are the younger siblings of the maid in my house. Dint make any sense in me flaming my maid for this.

I decided I had enough of this nonsense and since I had time on my hand I started painting the house. Well took me a 9 days( 6 hours of work a day) to complete the whole house, but guess what ? The feeling of having painted the interiors of the house was priceless.
I could never get the edges right, but after a few tries I was doing a perfecto job :D . Check my profile picture and it was done by me. The maid repaid me my 2k eventually over 3 months time. I cared less and told my wife I have had enough with this so called skilled labor crap.

These days I only call an electrician home for those small niggles. Else from changing taps n faucets to polishing the doors I do it myself. Saves me from taking a leave and waiting at home for this clowns to turn up based on their mood swings.

where is the new shop in ghitorni? im driving by there tomorrow maybe can drop in.

Its on the main road itself where a few years ago closedown of illegal shops happened. There is a big cloth banner covering the gate etc with all the brands that bassntreble deals in (Infact I had seen the banner a few days ago and thought great there is a new hi-fi shop in Delhi/Gurgaon)

Oh really, will be able to spot it while driving down from gurgaon to delhi on main road itself?

If driving from Gurgaon to Delhi then it will be on the right hand side. Drive slow and yeah I guess with those brands hanging it will be fairly easy. Mind you though from the outside atleast its a very small shop. Do not look for big showrooms.

If you guys find laborers difficult, you can always hire MBAs and software engineers. The country is full of them.

All of them are very honest and extremely hard working. MBAs will even wear ties and speak English.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clapping::clapping::clapping:
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Address is - 2, Club Drive. It is a red light just before ghitorni metro station. Take a u turn from there and keep looking for a left turn for club drive as soon as you turn.

I was at Denny's new showroom yesterday and it is evolving very nicely. Though it is still work in progress I was struck by the thought he has been putting in the design of that entire place as well as each of his demo rooms (two of which are now almost complete). His approach is to provide an audition in a room which is elegantly done up and without any apparent acoustical treatment; this way the sound one hears could be more or less similar to what one could hear in any other normal living room.

Simply put: No tricks, No gimmickry. Just good clean and hopefully natural sound.

Denny also informs me his product portfolio is now ever widening . Indeed I was given a demo of his latest acquisition of Thiel speakers. An impressive experience.

Denny's profile point towards an interesting combination of product knowledge and business acumen. My personal experience of him has been excellent. He deserves encouragement.:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back