Batery powered DIY CNC phono stage

Re: Battery powered DIY CNC phono stage

Hi Captn.

Its DIY record cleaning machine using vacuum pump and an old TT.

Regards,

Sachin

HI all,

Update for CNC.It's about 15 hours burn in for CNC.I have shielded wooden box with aluminum foil and changed its wiring with 28 gauge 4 conductor shielded one, as suggested by forum member Quad.It is opening up nicely.Its very quiet now,wide soundstage deep bass,nice treble etc.It has a different resistive loadings 18k,36k,47k and 62k.I have tried only 47k though.There might be another group on AK if anyone interested please let me know as I am going to buy one more PCB,so we can save the cost of shipping.

Regards,

Sachin

Last edited:
changed wiring, CNC phono stage

Hi,

CNC update,I have changed internal wiring of my CNC with twisted pair of CAT5 Ethernet cable as suggested by Quad.It is dead quiet now.I can't here any surface noise from vinyl which I used to here with my Technics phono.I strongly recommend this phono stage.It is low cost and simple to make.

Regards,

Sachin

CNC PCB is a very simple, single sided board. With Hypnotoad's
permission, you may be able to get it made locally at a very
affordable price, and offer a group buy.

This is a good idea but the cost would be reasonable only if you make good numbers to spread the cost of setup charges.

HI all,
There might be another group on AK if anyone interested please let me know as I am going to buy one more PCB,so we can save the cost of shipping.
I will be interested, but what about good components?
I have nearly all values of .25W, 1% MFR and can procure caps too. But what about op amps?

Last edited:
How does the DIY phono mentioned here compare to the ProJect USB Phono box? If it sounds a lot better, I would also be interested in a group buy or something along those lines.

Cheers
Tek

I will be interested, but what about good components?
I have nearly all values of .25W, 1% MFR and can procure caps too. But what about op amps?

Hi Om,
All components are available with Digikey.We can save a lot in shipping if we opt for SNS route.

Regards,

Sachin

How does the DIY phono mentioned here compare to the ProJect USB Phono box? If it sounds a lot better, I would also be interested in a group buy or something along those lines.

Cheers
Tek

Hi,

I have not heard Project phono,but according to AK members its lot better than Project Phono and Cambridge Audio Azur 640p.You can read more about this phonostage here
Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared... - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards,

Sachin

Thanks Sachin. If you plan to make more of these for members of the forum, please put me down for one :)

Thanks Sachin. If you plan to make more of these for members of the forum, please put me down for one :)

Hi Tek,
I can only get PCB done and offer BOM.This was my first DIY project, and its simple if you follow basic soldering rules, or you can get it assembled locally.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Sachin

Unfortunately I've never even held a soldering iron in my life :S

However, I can probably find someone locally who can help me out.. problem is most people are scamsters who will overcharge! But, if the cost isn't too much, I guess I could give it a shot and do it myself!

Let me know what you guys decide finally.

Cheers
Tek

Hi Sachin

However, I can probably find someone locally who can help me out.. problem is most people are scamsters who will overcharge! But, if the cost isn't too much, I guess I could give it a shot and do it myself!

Cheers
Tek
Hi,

I would say just do it,It won't hurt.Even I have done this first time.I can do it for you, but I am not professional.I am doing it for cost to cost basis.I am not thinking of making any profit out of this group buy.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin

Cheers
Tek
Don't worry. We have different profession to earn money. Here for sake of hobby and help, pay postage and provide parts. I can complete assembly within 30 minutes. It looks straight forward with few parts.

Cost break up for DIY CNC phono stage

Hi all,

Here is break up for my CNC :
PCB :$15
All parts from Digikey(excluding case):$46
USPS ground shipping to New york+tax : $7
SNS shipping frm NY to India : $10
Custom duty+Octroi : $13

Total : $91,INR 4000/-(Approx)
If we make a group buy of around 10 then we can get the PCBs done here in approx RS 150-200.shipping would be Rs.100/ per person.Total cost would be around.We have opt for SNS as Digikey charges flat $40 for shipping to India.If anyone interested can post here or PM.

Regards,

Sachin

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back